World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Since when have Russia and Qatar been bothered about football?

Russia should not even been considered for 2018 but because of corruption is is.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #30
    Since when have Russia and Qatar been bothered about football?

Russia should not even been considered for 2018 but because of corruption is is.
    Russia I can possibly understand as they have some potential there, even if it's only about money.

To follow it with Qatar and another billionaire boys club move is pretty astonishing really, FIFA just continue to remove themselves from the reality of football, which is the fans. Qatar has no potential to do anything in the future, but I'm sure they will host a good tournament as far as technology and the football is concerned.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    Why are people annoyed and what makes a country better than the other? As long as its good stadiums and people show up to fill those stadiums I have no problems in it ending up in Russia and Qatar.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    I'm saving up to head to Brazil.

Not too many Europeans like the Arab world, so I'm thinking this Cup will be a disaster.
    If Europeans don't like the Arab world then fine, they don't have to go there, other people will show up anyway.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Can you drink in Qatar?
    I heard you can, but the only places where you can is at five star hotels.

I don't know if they have two star hotels there, but even if I did, I wouldn't want to stay in one of those. The five stars are probably rather expensive... too expensive for most people around the globe.

So this will be the rich boy's World Cup.

Aug 1, 2003
    A lot can happen until then. I understand some people's frustrations, but whether drinking in public is allowed or not in Qatar is unrelated altogether. Your culture is yours, theirs is theirs. They will pump in a lot of money, their bid was impressive, the weather might kill some players and their no drinking rule might frustrate millions, but if you don't like it then don't go - but in the end just because FIFA doesn't make it about the game doesn't mean we should too. I am sure there are a LOT of real passionate football fans in Russia and Qatar and their surrounding countries, so congratulations to them. It's a dream to have the world cup hosted in your country.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)