World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I heard you can, but the only places where you can is at five star hotels.

I don't know if they have two star hotels there, but even if I did, I wouldn't want to stay in one of those. The five stars are probably rather expensive... too expensive for most people around the globe.

So this will be the rich boy's World Cup.
Word, flights will be through the roof aswell.

Are you serious? The stadiums will never be empty and rich Arabs from all over the gulf will fill those stadiums up.
The wrong kind of football fans, who know fuck all.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve2

Apr 16, 2010
Just watched Russia presentation for 2018, it is good. England would be better but OK. But Qatar has only 1.5mio population what will they do with 10+ stadiums after the world cup I wonder? And If I am not mistaken only 2 stadiums can be based in a single city. So games will be played in cities with 20.000 population. Nothing against Qatar but that is just ridiculous.

Aug 1, 2003
I don't get the hate here. Granted everything is politically motivated but really you speak of the Middle East fans IN GENERAL as if they have ZERO knowledge or passion for football, like it is only exclusive for white people. Come on.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
I'll spill all my hate to the other threads, but I'd like to congractulate you guys and hope you enjoy watching the World Cup at the Stadiums in 2022.

I'm glad it's you two people who are totally cool members and great guys who'll be able to watch it and enjoy it like I know many other members would of liked to.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
The wrong kind of football fans, who know fuck all.
Arab people love football, haven't you seen how many Arab people we have on this forum? Don't worry about that, football is big enough over there. People showed up in Japan and South Korea and they will probably show up in Qatar as well.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
What a disgraceful decision.

A tiny country of 1.7 million people, playing in 50 degree heat etc. Fuck all the stadiums that are built etc, this we all know, is based on bribes, corruption and politics.

Its funny how in these supposed secret ballots that Al Jazeera knew 2 hours before who the winners would be...

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Putin had a plane on standby but could not be bothered to go to the presentation but will now fly out? Corrupt fucker I hope his plane is shot down by a Eurofighter jet.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #50
    Why are people annoyed and what makes a country better than the other? As long as its good stadiums and people show up to fill those stadiums I have no problems in it ending up in Russia and Qatar.
    Just to avoid confusion here, it's nothing to do with the countries themselves, it's the validity of them hosting a World Cup.

To me it's simple - these world cups are funded by black gold and FIFA certainly wants a piece of that. This is the thing about FIFA, they are shameless in their transparency as a corrupt organisation, they don't care and don't need to care because they are an untouchable multi-billion organisation.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #52
    Arab people love football, haven't you seen how many Arab people we have on this forum? Don't worry about that, football is big enough over there. People showed up in Japan and South Korea and they will probably show up in Qatar as well.
    I hope normal Arabs aren't priced out of attending games.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    South Korea and Japan are quite different from Qatar for multiple reasons.

Current temperature in Doha right now... 41 degrees, from Sky Sports. :lol:

juve2

Apr 16, 2010
    Qatar is basically Doha + desert. Max 2 stadiums can be built in Doha. So 8+ stadiums will be built in the middle of nowhere.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Yeah, Qatar is a "high risk" location, much like South Africa and Brazil. You could say Russia is one as well, although not as much.

I see no reason to hold the Cup in Qatar.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
    Too be fair Brazil is a footballing nation though and South Africa had the passion which I liked.

Qatar will be false and plastic not what football should be about.

Russia? outside of the City Centre's you'll find yourself in a World of trouble in the poverty striken areas.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)