World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Did the official account of Fifa posted that? Or it's a fake photo/tweet

I find this disrespectful to Pele who won 3 FIFA WCs.
Not to mention many others..
It's fake unless they deleted it.

- - - Updated - - -

FkTplAtXoAAQTS8.jpg

FjyN5F2VUAAfzyH.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
Only agree with the bottom three. Martinez deserved cards, hate mind gaming cocky piece of shit goalkeepers.

Last edited:

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Did the official account of Fifa posted that? Or it's a fake photo/tweet

I find this disrespectful to Pele who won 3 FIFA WCs.
Not to mention many others..
It's fake unless they deleted it..
Nope, it's real:

On FIFA’s World Cup account, the organisation tweeted: “Thumbs up if you really enjoyed the #FIFAWorldCup” alongside a picture of Ronaldo with his digit in the air.
However, it certainly did not go down well with some fans, with the tweet being removed soon after.

This comes after the tweet that was posted swiftly after Messi’s triumph: “The GOAT debate is settled. The ultimate prize is now part of the collection. The legacy is complete.”
That too has now been removed from their account,
with Ronaldo seemingly unable to get away from the comparisons.

Source: FIFA delete tweet that appears to make dig at Cristiano Ronaldo after Lionel Messi's World Cup heroics with Argentina amid GOAT debate (talksport.com)

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't like Mbappe, seems like another prick (maybe you need this to be a top player), but 4 Euro wins and he was right, Argentina win 1 and he is wrong. Funny that.

KO competitions aren't linear like that anyway, it's just that there are less odds of a SA winning it when they only realistically have two teams who have the talent, resources and population to win it (in a specific WC the likes of Uruguay, Chile or Colombia could go far, but statistically what I've said has been true since football became truly professional), whereas Europe have several, but Argentina and Brazil will always hold the SA end up because they are historically leading nations who develop lots of players, with Brazil still being pretty much #1 in most of those parameters.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I don't like Mbappe, seems like another prick (maybe you need this to be a top player), but 4 Euro wins and he was right, Argentina win 1 and he is wrong. Funny that.

KO competitions aren't linear like that anyway, it's just that there are less odds of a SA winning it when they only realistically have two teams who have the talent, resources and population to win it (in a specific WC the likes of Uruguay, Chile or Colombia could go far, but statistically what I've said has been true since football became truly professional), whereas Europe have several, but Argentina and Brazil will always hold the SA end up because they are historically leading nations who develop lots of players, with Brazil still being pretty much #1 in most of those parameters.
Yeah he's right, but this win only adds fuel to the banter

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah he's right, but this win only adds fuel to the banter
I could not be happier with a South American win.

European teams are not only tactically very restrained (Argentina are too imo), but are controlled in terms of emotions as well. It's all so professional and focussed on getting the result. I know people might joke about Di Maria's crying, but I thought the tears right after his goal were beautiful. He's a seasoned veteran, but he realised he just scored in a World Cup final, something he must have dreamt of for years. Hell, I dreamt of doing just that for years. And he let go. Maybe it was weird, but I felt that emotion to the very core.

No offence to European players, but if they score in a World Cup final they give each other a high five and get on with things.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

he wasn't really right at any point, the argument you make on what dictates WC winners makes a lot more sense than footie not being advanced in South America lol.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
he wasn't really right at any point, the argument you make on what dictates WC winners makes a lot more sense than footie not being advanced in South America lol.
It is and it isn't advanced. How many players who still play in Brazil or Argentina even make their national teams? The vast majority plays in Europe. That in itself says a lot. And then there's only Uruguay that has some real pedigree apart from those two. I mean I like Colombia and Chile, but they're quarter final teams at best. In Europe you probably have 8 or 9 teams that could make it to the semis any given tournament.

All that being said, I don't really understand why we even have this debate and I'm very glad that this time European team A or European team B didn't win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)