World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Why would you blame millenials? Ali wasn’t one and neither are the sportheads that spend entire hours on talkshows arguing about it. If anything, in the US, I see boomers argue about sports a lot more than I see millennials

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why would you blame millenials? Ali wasn’t one and neither are the sportheads that spend entire hours on talkshows arguing about it. If anything, in the US, I see boomers argue about sports a lot more than I see millennials
I have tried to slowly remove myself from this debate if it comes up. I will just stay quiet or talk about something else. It's boring and I find it nonsensical. But rather than pointing this out I have noticed simply ignoring the debate altogether works much better.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
:rolleyes2: Insufferable GOAT-f**kers.

I do blame Millennials for this crap. Muhammad Ali uses the term in an individual sport. Then when LL Cool J album later, and now every team sport is being reduced to GOAT conversations.

Shut up and honor teammates.
You know who the real GOAT is?

God

Strickland

May 17, 2019
It is and it isn't advanced. How many players who still play in Brazil or Argentina even make their national teams? The vast majority plays in Europe. That in itself says a lot. And then there's only Uruguay that has some real pedigree apart from those two. I mean I like Colombia and Chile, but they're quarter final teams at best. In Europe you probably have 8 or 9 teams that could make it to the semis any given tournament.

All that being said, I don't really understand why we even have this debate and I'm very glad that this time European team A or European team B didn't win.
Thats reducing advanced to pays better which leads to a better competition.

How many of the players who play for Argentina and Brazil are not youth products of argentinian and brazilian football academies? They do make some advanced footballers there. They just choose to move on to the better paid and more competitive European leagues.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Ali called himself the Greatest Of All Time in the 1960s. There was plenty of exposure back in boomer days or Gen X.

But all this GOAT crap really didn't go haywire until after 2000 ... which is the era of millennials by named definition. Michael Jordan, LeBron, Messi, blah blah blah. None of them individual sport stars, mind you. Teams somehow don't matter in this calculus of stupid.

I don't know anybody over the age of 40 who voluntarily uses the term "GOAT" unless triggered to do so by someone in their 20s or 30s.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Let me just say that there are only 12 countries in South America and that's if you count Suriname and Guyana who are not even part of Conmebol. SA's population is 439 million.

On the other hand, Europe has 44 countries and UEFA has 55 members. Europe's population is 748 million and that's not counting the additional 11 members of UEFA.

Suk my dik yurocuks

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Let me just say that there are only 12 countries in South America and that's if you count Suriname and Guyana who are not even part of Conmebol. SA's population is 439 million.

On the other hand, Europe has 44 countries and UEFA has 55 members. Europe's population is 748 million and that's not counting the additional 11 members of UEFA.

Suk my dik yurocuks
Technically only 3 at least when it comes to World Cup relevance. Colombia and Chile had some good generations and so does Uruguay had their one title in the 50s but really SA is Brazil and Argentina.

Last edited:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Brazil's decline is the only reason Europe has gained ground on South America and been dominant over the past 10-15 years.

From 1986-2002, you had atleast one South American nation contesting a WC final.

Overall, out of 22 Fifa World Cup editions, atleast one South American team has made it to the final in 13 out of those 22 editions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)