World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
If you cherry pick the years, sure. 4 or 8 years before that France wasnt even participating at WC, while Italians and Germans played final/won. Spain was at one point considered the fastest talent producing country and they looked set to dominate. But right now they are a laughing stock. So we cant really know how it will pan out. Both Germans and Italians won major trophies not so long ago, especially Italy. They are still clear ahead.
I agree with you.

The Germans and Italians are still a good distance ahead of France, but the gap is closing surely.

Especially as France are developing great players at a much faster rate than the other two.

The Germans need to find themselves again, if they get back to their usual selves from 2024 and onwards they'll probably win a major tournament again soon. But they look far off from it right now.

Germany won't compete for the big titles again before they fix their fullbacks and start to develop great strikers again.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I agree with you.

The Germans and Italians are still a good distance ahead of France, but the gap is closing surely.

Especially as France are developing great players at a much faster rate than the other two.

The Germans need to find themselves again, if they get back to their usual selves from 2024 and onwards they'll probably win a major tournament again soon. But they look far off from it right now.
For sure France has more talent around and Mbappe is only 23 yo so he might win at least 1 WC. Might. Im glad they lost this one though. For me underestimating great footballing nation like Italy or Germany is madness, especially since it hasnt been that long since both won trophies. Time will tell.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
For sure France has more talent around and Mbappe is only 23 yo so he might win at least 1 WC. Might. Im glad they lost this one though. For me underestimating great footballing nation like Italy or Germany is madness, especially since it hasnt been that long since both won trophies. Time will tell.
Oh I'm not underestimating Germany or Italy, far from. I love Germany and have huge respect for Italy.

These two nations have shaped European football like no other.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Italy literally won the peniultimate big trophy.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
There are only 5 countries in the World that won 5 or more medals at the World Cup. And their order in top 5 is very easy to agree on:
Brazil are first, because they won it 5 times. Germany are clear second, close to first. They played more WC finals than Brazil (8 vs 7) and won more medals than Brazil (12 vs 9), but won one gold medal less.
Italy are third. As many gold medals as the Germans, but less finals (6 vs 8) and less medals (7 vs 12).
Argentina are 4th. Three gold medals, 6 finals.
France are 5th. Two gold medals, as many as Uruguay, but many more finals (4 vs 2) and medals (6 vs 2).

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
There are only 5 countries in the World that won 5 or more medals at the World Cup. And their order in top 5 is very easy to agree on:
Brazil are first, because they won it 5 times. Germany are clear second, close to first. They played more WC finals than Brazil (8 vs 7) and won more medals than Brazil (12 vs 9), but won one gold medal less.
Italy are third. As many gold medals as the Germans, but less finals (6 vs 8) and less medals (7 vs 12).
France are 5th. Two gold medals, as many as Uruguay, but many more finals (4 vs 2) and medals (6 vs 2).
And that's why Brazil, Germany and Italy are GOAT in the competition.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Someone wanna make an all time Brazil, Germany and Italy WC team?

Can also make one for France or the Netherlands. But the first 3 nations are those I'd like to hear how people would name the lineup.

Apr 15, 2006
This was one hell of a final.
Yes, and it perfectly capped off the rest of the tournament as it wa very entertaining as hell. Other than the R16 which was quite predictable, it was a great tournament.

But this shouldn't distract us from the fact that it should never have been hosted in Qatar in the first place and all the controversies and human rights violations leaves a HUGE black spot on the tourney that outweighs everything we've enjoyed about the tourney itself.

I'm just glad that the whole tourney was entertaining and Messi won the WC to ensure that one of the GOATs from the previous generation ( :sad ) won it after trying so many times.

The 2026 WC will be the first without Messi and Ronaldo. That should make it quite fun as well.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Uruguay won 4

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Can Norway qualify for the next world cup? How many extra spots do European teams get in the next WC?

Would be weird to see potentially the best CF at the time not participating in the showpiece event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)