World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Both teams put in worthy efforts for a bronze match.

Great to see 22 players going at it. Because according to the media, the final tomorrow is just going to be Messi.

Of all his career accomplishments, Messi's greatest just might be making a WC final without any teammates.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Btw, despite my original posit that this will be an unsentimental World Cup ( i.e., sorry Messi, Ronaldo, Pelé-dying Brazil, Morocco), I’m changing my mind before the final. Grinta is stronk.

Argentina 2-1 France

Saudi Arabia to share partial credit :juventus: :lol:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
was it the 2nd match croatia won? not that i'm salty about it, just wondering. this must be some kind of record too.

either way, congrats @Vlad @Alen another very well played competition
Yes, it's a record. Ever since there are 7 matches in a WC, this is the first time the 3rd placed team won a medal with only 2 wins. There were many cases with 3 wins, but first time with 2.
And thanks. Overall Morocco might have deserved it more, but Croatia was the better team on both matches against Morocco so the h2h is clear here.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Another 3rd place world cupgame that i missed

I don’t get the purpose of it, other than one last chance of mini redemption i guess? Don’t see other sports have a game between losing semifinalists unless i’m mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

I don’t get the purpose of it, other than one last chance of mini redemption i guess? Don’t see other sports have a game between losing semifinalists unless i’m mistaken.

Team sports world cups usually do. There is a bronze medal match in football, basketball, handball, volleyball, water polo, rugby world cup. I don't follow baseball but I see there used to be a baseball world cup and a bronze medal match there too. There isn't a 3rd place match in the cricket WC.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

I think it makes sense. when you think about it CL and league cups hand out gold and silver medals, but dont do bronze, its a bit weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)