World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Argies are static and shitty team, they didnt face any top team yet. Croatia will beat them and advance.
The stats say the complete opposite. Argentina press more than any other opponent and have more direct forward passes too. And to be honest I think you can see it too. Static is the last word I'd use to describe Argentina.

The most static team is Morocco.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Hopefully Gvardiol kicks Messi into UAE.

Though I quite like Croatia and their players, I'm not sure they deserve another World Cup final. They were great in 2018, but did not have the most difficult run and need ET and penalties on several occasions. This time around they needed penalties against both Japan and Brazil and drew with Morocco and Belgium in the group stage. I guess none of the four remaining teams has impressed much, but Croatia is in the semi-final after having won a single game.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
still underestimating Croatia? i think they deserve our respect by now
I respect them. I like them too. It's just that when I look at the facts, I'm not entirely convinced I want a team in the World Cup final that has won so little. The same goes for Morocco. It's fantastic what they have accomplished. But the reality is also that they sit back a lot, do not pressure aggressively and are in fact a very negative team to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

But, full disclosure, I really like Argentina this World Cup. They're always hideous cunts, only this time they're not trying to hide their true selves. I like their honesty.

May 26, 2016
I respect them. I like them too. It's just that when I look at the facts, I'm not entirely convinced I want a team in the World Cup final that has won so little. The same goes for Morocco. It's fantastic what they have accomplished. But the reality is also that they sit back a lot, do not pressure aggressively and are in fact a very negative team to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

But, full disclosure, I really like Argentina this World Cup. They're always hideous cunts, only this time they're not trying to hide their true selves. I like their honesty.
Well, you have to be a bit of a cunt to win, unless you are prime Brazil full of 10/10 footballers.

Otamendi and Paredes are useful in that sense.

I still think they will have a hard time against Croatia who is extremely disciplined and hardworking. It will be an interesting match for sure.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well, you have to be a bit of a cunt to win, unless you are prime Brazil full of 10/10 footballers.

Otamendi and Paredes are useful in that sense.

I still think they will have a hard time against Croatia who is extremely disciplined and hardworking. It will be an interesting match for sure.
Croatia are a difficult team to face with an incredibly talented midfield. One could argue it's the best in the world, except maybe France tend to have a little more physicality there (regardless of which of their infinite number of great midfielders plays). But their lack of teeth upfront is going to hurt them sooner or later. Even if they beat Argentina, I can only see them lose to France - again.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Forza Argentina. Was pretty warm on Croatia until I saw the video of a Thompson sing along session.

Ffs Balkan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Bilardismo

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I like it.

I think it's probably always been part of Messi's character, but a bit buried underneath. That might even be why he always came across as fake. And people can say what they want about Messi, but the way he celebrated his goal in the penalty shoot out was pretty intimidating and, to me, shows that Argentina will not surrender.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sometimes being a cunt is actually more important. Materazzi 2006 comes to mind. There's not one single italian who would not want him in that final.
I agree.

I still believe we could have beaten France in 2018 had we actually selected Nainggolan and let him play that game instead of Dembele. Martinez thought of Radja's behaviour as a weakness, but for our squad of schoolboys it was definitely a strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)