World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well, in all honesty they chose December because it was already a pagan holiday. Jesus was probably born in July, but it's hard to tell anymore as the calendar only had 10 months back then.
True dat.

And since September translates to Latin as the 7th (and Oct as 8th, Nov as 9th, Dec as 10th), it looks like they stacked the interlopers up front on the month count.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Then why do African teams typically suck? As they aren't African by descent, they are just African.

And you don't mean African as much as you mean Black.

The answer is in finances. Rich people leave shitty places to go to nice places. Rich people can pay for their kids to go to academies and get good coaching.

It's not descent as much as it is money.
What the hell are you talking about. Football is one of the cheapest games to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
But nobody talks about the real miracle: if you're celebrating the conception on Dec 8 and Jesus' birth Dec 25, how dafuq does a woman squirt out a fully developed child in only two and a half weeks?

Ahhh, the miracles of religion...
Dat good ass oven spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I may be in California right now, but remote working to Portugal we're observing the Immaculate Conception holiday.

The idea being how could a virgin give birth to the baby Jesus.

But nobody talks about the real miracle: if you're celebrating the conception on Dec 8 and Jesus' birth Dec 25, how dafuq does a woman squirt out a fully developed child in only two and a half weeks?

Friendly advice, look up actual meaning of immaculate conception and to whom it applies here :D

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
I may be in California right now, but remote working to Portugal we're observing the Immaculate Conception holiday.

The idea being how could a virgin give birth to the baby Jesus.

It celebrates the conception of Mary, not Jesus fyi

- - - Updated - - -

Well, in all honesty they chose December because it was already a pagan holiday. Jesus was probably born in July, but it's hard to tell anymore as the calendar only had 10 months back then.
This is not true. It falls on December 25th because its 9 months after the Feast of the Annunciation (25th March) when Mary conceived Jesus. Hope that helps clear it up

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Then why do African teams typically suck? As they aren't African by descent, they are just African.

The answer is in finances. Rich people leave shitty places to go to nice places. Rich people can pay for their kids to go to academies and get good coaching.

It's not descent as much as it is money.
A lot of the 'talent' France have produced over the years are poor immigrant kids from Paris who come from humble backgrounds...

Anyways my emphasis was more on the fact on how brute force and athleticism has become an important factor in football compared to 10-20 years ago.

And then you add the infrastructure and 'good coaching' of European nations and you got yourselves a great pool of talent.

You can deny all you want but the demography change in Western Europe has been a contributing factor to their success in football.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
There is a biological limit that you reach with your physicality and realising this, the gap is much closer between Africas and Asians to Europe now. However, the defining factor is mentality and ultra high level skill. Senegal players shit the bed against England, they had their chances and they were punished by the higher skill of the English who after the first goal, cruised after the pressure was off. France has the skill and the champions mentality, that confidence is clear when they play. Brazil too. England gonna break mentally tomorrow, they play scared against the big boys.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
But the european teams won before that just fine no?
Well I dint deny that. Europe has always been on the top in football but immigrant population have been a huge contributing factor in the rise of France as a dominant force in football today, it helped Germany win their last world cup for example.

Of course cucks like s4tch have to throw in a smartass comment in there somewhere but let's not throw a blind eye to the fact that some of the most exciting European talent these days happen to be of African descent.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm 0% excited about the match :( I remember how I was gonna die of excitement 4 years ago before Croatia faced Russia in those quarterfinals.
Brazil are just too good for this Croatia and I have no hope.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

The answer is in finances.
Apparently there are 1.7 people of Algerian origin living in France. More than 44 million people live in Algeria. And yet, Zidane, Benzema and Mbappe (half-Algerian) all come from the French-Algerian community. That cannot be a coincidence.
Or some Black African countries: Name one footballer playing for DR Congo? And then you have Makelele, Camavinga and Lukaku staring for European teams. Guinean footballer? No, but in France you have Pogba who is of Guinean descent. Kante was born to Malian parents etc.
They have much better conditions and coaches in Europe to develop than in Africa.
Then you mix their athleticism with something the white boy footballers from European countries can offer (whatever it is) and you have something much better than an African country can produce on its own.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm 0% excited about the match :( I remember how I was gonna die of excitement 4 years ago before Croatia faced Russia in those quarterfinals.
Brazil are just too good for this Croatia and I have no hope.
If everyone is fit, they are going to beat you bad.

But take away Neymar from that team and they suffer incredibly. Pretty much all ideas start from his feet. And it's not just because he's their best player, but because he's the only player they have with true playmaking abilities. Brazil look ferocious, but they can be very vulnerable too.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently there are 1.7 people of Algerian origin living in France. More than 44 million people live in Algeria. And yet, Zidane, Benzema and Mbappe (half-Algerian) all come from the French-Algerian community. That cannot be a coincidence.
Or some Black African countries: Name one footballer playing for DR Congo? And then you have Makelele, Camavinga and Lukaku staring for European teams. Guinean footballer? No, but in France you have Pogba who is of Guinean descent. Kante was born to Malian parents etc.
They have much better conditions and coaches in Europe to develop than in Africa.
Then you mix their athleticism with something the white boy footballers from European countries can offer (whatever it is) and you have something much better than an African country can produce on its own.
Not sure if he still plays for them, but: Mbokani.

I also find it ironic that people are pointing to Morocco when saying African football has improved. Half their team was born in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)