Obviously biased me would place Brazil first but say they don’t make it

1) Croatia
2) Portugal
3) Morocco
4) Netherlands
5) England
6) France
7) Argentina

Normally Netherlands would be on the top but I don’t really like anyone in this current squad.
The Britbongs ahead of France and Argentina? You disgust me.

Why do you have Portugal ahead of Morocco? You want Rodildo to lift the WC? :yuck: :inter:

My List:

1.) Morocco
2.) The Netherlands (even though Memshit Derp-ai is a monumental sack of shit)
3.) Croatia
4.) Argentina
5.) Brazil
6.) Portugal ( I considered placing them higher, especially if Rodildo rides the bench. It'd be hilarious if they won it without him playing and impactiful role)
7.) France
8.) England

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
1. Morocco
2. Croatia
3. Netherlands
4. Portugal
5. France
6. Argentina
7. Brazil
8. England

Even as an azzuri supporter I'd rather Brazil win it and extend their lead than those britbongs. England winning it would be a disaster of which we would never hear the end of.
Argentina and Portugal lower on the list because the Ronaldo/Messi fanboys are just detestable.
England's problem is not even the players. I could probably forgive the fans too, they're just dumb. But the pundits. My god, the pundits. With the arrogance of colonialists they act high and mighty and pretend to know everything, but what they're saying almost always lacks substance. And I base my opinion mostly on the BBC. The fucking BBC, which is supposed to be a bastion of high standard journalism.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
The Britbongs ahead of France and Argentina? You disgust me.

Why do you have Portugal ahead of Morocco? You want Rodildo to lift the WC? :yuck: :inter:

My List:

1.) Morocco
2.) The Netherlands (even though Memshit Derp-ai is a monumental sack of shit)
3.) Croatia
4.) Argentina
5.) Brazil
6.) Portugal ( I considered placing them higher, especially if Rodildo rides the bench. It'd be hilarious if they won it without him playing and impactiful role)
7.) France
8.) England
Absolutely. As much as I’d hate having to hear the English emphasize how great they are I’ll take that over France winning it twice in a row. Oh and fuck Messi.

Yep, Portugal. No hate towards Ronaldo.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Ian Wright the colonialist, I can see it.

Problem in England is that if anyone shows a bit of patriotism they are shut down with these kind of jingoism claims or called a member of the BNP.

Look at it this way, England have a very good team at the moment and fans and pundits can get excited about their chances of winning things over the next few years, after all, the team reached the semis in 2018 and is probably better now, but from what I see from pundits and fans the arrogance around the 00s was far worse, that era they were expected to win. Also I think social media now riles a lot of people up.

BBC coverage thinks Brazil are favourites and now Portugal up there with them (in football you are good as your last game), but England have a shot and can match France. That's not unreasonable. I get that this forum will be anti-PL (even if I don't get the anti-English thing), but they are one of the favourites and I don't see how it's unreasonable for fans to get excited about the team.

Having said that I've said for ages the England defence is their obvious weak spot, and expect it to get exposed against France. They've played 4 teams with no attack so far.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Problem in England is that if anyone shows a bit of patriotism they are shut down with these kind of jingoism claims or called a member of the BNP.

Look at it this way, England have a very good team at the moment and fans and pundits can get excited about their chances of winning things over the next few years, after all, the team reached the semis in 2018 and is probably better now, but from what I see from pundits and fans the arrogance around the 00s was far worse, that era they were expected to win. Also I think social media now riles a lot of people up.

BBC coverage thinks Brazil are favourites and now Portugal up there with them (in football you are good as your last game), but England have a shot and can match France. That's not unreasonable. I get that this forum will be anti-PL (even if I don't get the anti-English thing), but they are one of the favourites and I don't see how it's unreasonable for fans to get excited about the team.

Having said that I've said for ages the England defence is their obvious weak spot, and expect it to get exposed against France. They've played 4 teams with no attack so far.
I said with the arrogance of colonialists. I'm not saying they are colonialists. It's just a particular type of arrogance that is very typical of the British and it has nothing to do with whether or not they have a good team. It's always there. I'm pretty certain almost everyone on this forum who is not English will know what I'm talking about.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I said with the arrogance of colonialists. I'm not saying they are colonialists. It's just a particular type of arrogance that is very typical of the British and it has nothing to do with whether or not they have a good team. It's always there. I'm pretty certain almost everyone on this forum who is not English will know what I'm talking about.
If you look for something like that you will always find it.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

If you just listen to English pundits or browse stupid places like RatCafe you'll despise English football fans. However, having lived here for a while I realise that lots of fans are quite pessimistic about the NT and don't have very high expectations even though the team is very good on paper.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If you just listen to English pundits or browse stupid places like RatCafe you'll despise English football fans. However, having lived here for a while I realise that lots of fans are quite pessimistic about the NT and don't have very high expectations even though the team is very good on paper.
It's quite a prevalent English thing to play down achievement or potential or be generally pessimistic, almost self-deprecating with it, but secretly we have that hope to succeed. We aren't taught in society to reach for the stars like it seems Americans are, for example. This is most likely an effect of the hard post-war years and loss of empire, and also the old "stiff upper lip" mentality where emotions are for women and men are reserved. But these things are dying a little bit in the modern world.

Perhaps the perception from the outside is different, just like how some here have the perception the French or Germans are arrogant. I can see why people from parts of the former empire would hate "Britain" (presume they are now speaking about England rather than the Scottish or Welsh) and what it stood for, but any crossover with football is a bit absurd.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
England's problem is not even the players. I could probably forgive the fans too, they're just dumb. But the pundits. My god, the pundits. With the arrogance of colonialists they act high and mighty and pretend to know everything, but what they're saying almost always lacks substance. And I base my opinion mostly on the BBC. The fucking BBC, which is supposed to be a bastion of high standard journalism.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Agreed. Gary lineker drives me up the twist. The way they were talking about england after the Senegal game, you'd think they knocked out prime Brazil.

After the Italia 90 debacle with the England fans, on top of the Heysal disaster and the Euro 2020 final mayhem, I don't understand how any italian or even any juve fan for that matter, can bring themselves to support this nation of animals. At least with countries like France and Brazil, although they are rivals, they have a bit more decency and respectability about them than the English.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
(even if I don't get the anti-English thing)
Not directed at you but just replying off your post I don't understand it either the hate for England here. Guess not involved in day-to-day Euro football news to understand. Just been losers for so long I wouldn't mind them winning it. Italy won Euros with Bonucci at CB no reason English can't win WC with Maguire.

Won't ever happen Croatia too old and presumably too tired but ....

Croatia
ENG/ARG

Portugal
BRA

Morocco
Dutch

France

Thinking ARG-BRA and ENG-Port would be good semis.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
It's quite a prevalent English thing to play down achievement or potential or be generally pessimistic, almost self-deprecating with it, but secretly we have that hope to succeed. We aren't taught in society to reach for the stars like it seems Americans are, for example. This is most likely an effect of the hard post-war years and loss of empire, and also the old "stiff upper lip" mentality where emotions are for women and men are reserved. But these things are dying a little bit in the modern world.

Perhaps the perception from the outside is different, just like how some here have the perception the French or Germans are arrogant. I can see why people from parts of the former empire would hate "Britain" (presume they are now speaking about England rather than the Scottish or Welsh) and what it stood for, but any crossover with football is a bit absurd.
“Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way”

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Agreed. Gary lineker drives me up the twist. The way they were talking about england after the Senegal game, you'd think they knocked out prime Brazil.

After the Italia 90 debacle with the England fans, on top of the Heysal disaster and the Euro 2020 final mayhem, I don't understand how any italian or even any juve fan for that matter, can bring themselves to support this nation of animals. At least with countries like France and Brazil, although they are rivals, they have a bit more decency and respectability about them than the English.
And you probably didn't have to live for four years at a balcony above hordes of drunken Brit tourists who did everything possible to humiliate themselves in a foreign country for entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)