World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (19 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
He is playing in China, but word is it is because of a financial construction with Atletico's main sponsor (which really shows how sick some parts of football are).

Carrasco is expected to leave China somewhere next year.
what does financial construction even mean here? and him moving back in summer 2019 f.e., after being out of competitive footie for 1.5 seasons, doesn't seem good for his development. f.e. Eto'o was never even close to the same player after 2 years in Anzhi and I imagine China is way worse than RPL

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
what does financial construction even mean here?
Atletico have to pay back a percentage of any transfer fee to Monaco. Carrasco was unhappy and had to go, but they didn't want to destroy their asset. Therefore the fee was kept low on purpose so Monaco didn't get as much. It doesn't matter that Atletico didn't get much directly, because like I said the sponsor is the same.

Now they're to do with Carrasco what they want, maybe even selling him again for top dollar.

To Carrasco the chinese option was always pitched as a temporary one btw.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Shitty world cup with suspect quality but high on entertainment value. This is easily the worst World Cup since 2002. I'm looking forward to the final and don't really care who wins; it'd be nice to see a new name on the trophy.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
A reminder that the bronze medal match starts in 20 minutes.

The bronze is coming home?
Belgium with only 2 changes from the semis (Dembele and Fellaini out, Tielemans in and Meunier is back). England with a completely new midfield and 1 new addition in defense (OUT: Alli, Lingard, Henderson, Young and Walker; IN: Loftus Cheek, Rose, Delph, Dier and Jones).

3:0 Belgium

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Meaunier already scored :tup:

Tielemans starting should be nice.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
For me that's the only thing I'm interested in today.

Tielemans playing Nainggolan style today btw.

Bit unfortunate they still have that third place game. This is probably the first time I'm actually watching it :D.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
All matches involving England that I've watched were like that
Croatia-England was decent imo. And their first 30 minutes against Tunisia were good. Other than that all of their games have been just plain weird. Sweden and Colombia both refusing to hit them where it hurts.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)