World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (50 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
No. Out of 26 minutes we got 12. And the out of the last 8 we got 2. I'm not sure why you think that 12 minutes of action in 26 minutes is a good thing. Unless you want to spend time looking at a player lying on the ground, a goalkeeper cleaning his boots or people refusing to throw in.
6 minutes of those 26 is compensation, so basically France managed to rob only 8. Considering naturally some of the time in footie is spent with ball out of the play even if no one is time wasting and that the ref fucked up in the end by not prolonging the compensation time, I wouldn't say they wasted time extremely well, a good attempt but nothing special :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
6 minutes of those 26 is compensation, so basically France managed to rob only 8. Considering naturally some of the time in footie is spent with ball out of the play even if no one is time wasting and that the ref fucked up in the end by not prolonging the compensation time, I wouldn't say they wasted time extremely well, a good attempt but nothing special :p
Wait what? Your reading comprehension seems to be well below average. The bottom line is that out of 26 minutes of playing time, only 12 were played.

How the fuck can you believe that this is okay?

It's no coincidence that the author is American btw. I'm sure Americans have a hard time understanding why people like you are so intent on keeping timewasting an integral part of football.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Wait what? Your reading comprehension seems to be well below average. The bottom line is that out of 26 minutes of playing time, only 12 were played.

How the fuck can you believe that this is okay?
I am not commenting on the quality for the viewer, I'm talking about the comment "France wasted time extremely well". I don't think they did, I've seen far better. If you try to calculate how many minutes frogs stole, you shouldn't take into account compensation time because basically it compensates them stealing minutes lol.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I am not commenting on the quality for the viewer, I'm talking about the comment "France wasted time extremely well". I don't think they did, I've seen far better. If you try to calculate how many minutes frogs stole, you shouldn't take into account compensation time because basically it compensates for them stealing minutes lol.
That doesn't matter if that compensation time is stolen again. Surely you can understand that much.

And no, they did waste time extremely well. I've seen tons of games in my life. This was one of the worst in regards to timewasting.

And even if they didn't waste time "extremely well", why would you want teams to be allowed to waste time at all? What the fuck is the added value of time wasting? It makes the sport worse, not better.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
That doesn't matter if that compensation time is stolen again. Surely you can understand that much.

And no, they did waste time extremely well. I've seen tons of games in my life. This was one of the worst in regards to timewasting.

And even if they didn't waste time "extremely well", why would you want teams to be allowed to waste time at all? What the fuck is the added value of time wasting? It makes the sport worse, not better.
sorry, no interest in discussing this with you, you've gone completely mad ever since Belgium crashed out :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
sorry, no interest in discussing this with you, you've gone completely mad ever since Belgium crashed out :D
You're a moron. An absolute moron. I can't for the life of me understand why people like you must insist on completely ruining what could be a so much better game. Why? Why the fuck would you want to spend hours of your life looking at professional athletes doing nothing at all?

And you've got no arguments to back your opinion up. Other than the fact you probably just like France. For some weird sadomasochistic reason.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
You're a moron. An absolute moron. I can't for the life of me understand why people like you must insist on completely ruining what could be a so much better game. Why? Why the fuck would you want to spend hours of your life looking at professional athletes doing nothing at all?

And you've got no arguments to back your opinion up. Other than the fact you probably just like France. For some weird sadomasochistic reason.
I don't insist on anything.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't insist on anything.
It's what you want. You think time wasting is awesome. It's the "professional" thing to do and you're a big fan of it. Well, you can enjoy watching Matuidi or Mandzukic lie on the ground all day. What a great athletic feat. What an unprecedented act of football genius.

But eventually it is going to disappear from this game. Because it goes contrary to everything that sport should be about.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It's what you want. You think time wasting is awesome. It's the "professional" thing to do and you're a big fan of it. Well, you can enjoy watching Matuidi or Mandzukic lie on the ground all day. What a great athletic feat. What an unprecedented act of football genius.

But eventually it is going to disappear from this game. Because it goes contrary to everything that sport should be about.
never said that.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Clearly you think it's a great aspect of the game.

Otherwise you would stop and think that maybe, just maybe, it's not normal to only play 12 out of 26 minutes. As the author of the article points out, there was virtually no action at all between minute 80 and minute 90. What should have been the most interesting moment in the game, was no moment at all. Because there was no football. France was wasting time by lying on the ground, by refusing to take a throw in, by refusing to take a goal kick...

And you think this is fine. You think this should be an integral part of the game.

Well. I don't. I'd rather watch 22 men play football.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2017/12/time-wasting-ruining-football/

Can't you see, @pitbull, that the net result is this:

If you pay £50 for a ticket and a goalkeeper takes a minute to take a goal-kick that is 50p of your money gone. If this happens ten times in a match £5 of your hard earned money has gone watching a goalkeeper retrieve the ball, place the ball, wipe his face on his towel, tie his laces, replace the ball, kick his studs on the goalpost and signal something obscure before he even kicks the ball.
It's just ridiculous.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Clearly you think it's a great aspect of the game.

Otherwise you would stop and think that maybe, just maybe, it's not normal to only play 12 out of 26 minutes. As the author of the article points out, there was virtually no action at all between minute 80 and minute 90. What should have been the most interesting moment in the game, was no moment at all. Because there was no football. France was wasting time by lying on the ground, by refusing to take a throw in, by refusing to take a goal kick...

And you think this is fine. You think this should be an integral part of the game.

Well. I don't. I'd rather watch 22 men play football.
Sorry, no, youre the moron here. I never shared my opinion on this with you and dont intend to. You keep rambling on like a lunatic even now, I dont want to find out what nonsense will come out if someone engages with a discussion with you. Probably some more "time wasting shoud be punished by cracking a skull"

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Not a fan of belgium and predicted the result

However. Time wasting is the worst aspect of this game, and it should be managed.
For example, the added time should be significantly increased if such shenanigans appear

Anyone dismissing time wasting is an idiot. Its a major issue. And it also has major impact.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

However. Time wasting is the worst aspect of this game, and it should be managed.
For example, the added time should be significantly increased if such shenanigans appear

Anyone dismissing time wasting is an idiot. Its a major issue. And it also has major impact.
y, I don't think anyone is, Seven is arguing with his imaginary opponents here

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

But players can waste time during the added time too. It's frustrating (you should watch the Gulf teams play to realize how true time wasting looks like @Fred). That said, I'd hate it if they stopped the clock every time the ball goes out or a foul takes place.

- - - Updated - - -

Had you ever complained about this very ugly aspect of the game before or it just randomly happened after the Belgium - France game? :D

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
But players can waste time during the added time too. It's frustrating (you should watch the Gulf teams play to realize how true time wasting looks like @Fred). That said, I'd hate it if they stopped the clock every time the ball goes out or a foul takes place.
it would significantly prolong the game, atm footie lasts 90 minutes with all the small pauses with ball out of play, compensation time usually accounts only for substitutions and longer pauses, so the "clear" game time in an average game probably is closer to 80 minutes than 90

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
it would significantly prolong the game, atm footie lasts 90 minutes with all the small pauses with ball out of play, compensation time usually accounts only for substitutions and longer pauses, so the "clear" game time in an average game probably is closer to 80 minutes than 90
Yeah they will have to shorten the game time in that case. IMO the refs need to be harsher in punishing the players who waste the time, that's the only solution I approve of :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Had you ever complained about this very ugly aspect of the game before or it just randomly happened after the Belgium - France game? :D
I don't know if I've ever complained about it on this forum. But I have definitely done so in real life in the past. Many many times. First time it really bothered me was at a game of the African Cup of Nations with Algeria. I've hated timewasting ever since.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, I'd hate it if they stopped the clock every time the ball goes out or a foul takes place.
I used to think I'd hate it too, because I was worried about it slowing the game down. But that makes no sense when you think about it. They stop the clock in basketball too and it has no such effect there, so it won't have the same effect in football. If anything we'd finally get players acting normally again.

No. The actual game time is much much less. It would have to be somewhere around 60-70 if you stop the clock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)