World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (66 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Are Juve, Barca and Real the only teams with players in both finalists?
Juve: Mario, Pjaca, Matuidi
Real: Modric, Kovacic, Varane
Barca: Rakitic, Umtiti

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Atleti too. Vrsaljco, Griezman
La Liga still (by far) the bet league in the world. But Serie A (mainly thanks to Juve) have made a big comeback over the last few years.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No, he is winning world cup best player, as he deserves aslong as France don't walk all over them in final. Golden ball goes to guy who scored 16 goals in CL.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No, he is winning world cup best player, as he deserves aslong as France don't walk all over them in final. Golden ball goes to guy who scored 16 goals in CL.

I thought Hazard had the much better tournament.

I'm glad for Croatia as they finally delivered (and saved us all really), but I'm more impressed with Perisic really.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yup.
I'm grateful it didn't happen, but for the neutrals it would have been better if Belgium didn't beat England. That way we might have watched two excellent semis in France-Brasil and Belgium-Croatia.
I still don't get it why did the Belgians win.
You can't say for sure it mattered. Personally I think we'd have beaten Croatia and gone to the final, but it would have been so close we might have lost.

That would mean we'd have gone out in the semi final without having really achieved anything. Now we go out in the semi final knowing we can beat fucking Brazil.

Big difference for future tournaments / generations.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I thought Hazard had the much better tournament.

I'm glad for Croatia as they finally delivered (and saved us all really), but I'm more impressed with Perisic really.

Despite all he did yesterday he was still quite wasteful.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

It's hard to follow the rules with all these changes in Ballon d'Or, but, if I found the correct information, only journalists from all over the world vote. Last year 176 journalists voted.
Then there is FIFA player of the year award, where captains and managers of NTs vote. It's not as it was before when the journalists and the men in football voted together for the same award.
It will indeed depend on the result of the final, but in an unlikely case Croatia wins the WC, Modric will be a serious candidate. He's well known around the world due to playing for Madrid, and he's admired by all the players, coaches and journalists.
You never know with this award. People might finally be sick of the Ronaldo/Messi dominance that they could simply vote for someone who decides the final.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's hard to follow the rules with all these changes in Ballon d'Or, but, if I found the correct information, only journalists from all over the world vote. Last year 176 journalists voted.
Then there is FIFA player of the year award, where captains and managers of NTs vote. It's not as it was before when the journalists and the men in football voted together for the same award.
It will indeed depend on the result of the final, but in an unlikely case Croatia wins the WC, Modric will be a serious candidate. He's well known around the world due to playing for Madrid, and he's admired by all the players, coaches and journalists.
You never know with this award. People might finally be sick of the Ronaldo/Messi dominance that they could simply vote for someone who decides the final.

If Croatia win the World Cup, Modric will win the Ballon d'Or. No one is going to argue with both a CL and a World Cup win.

But, even though it's Modric and the man is undeniably the best midfielder in the world, I think other players have been more instrumental in Croatia's World Cup success.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Modric was defensively insane against England but going forward he took very strange decisions and was very wasteful. Rakitic was terrible yesterday and that's why Perisic looked like the best Croatian player.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Btw for people saying France's behaviour was normal and not unsportsmanslike and the game is okay as it is:

https://www.eldo.co/analysis/world-...t-belgium-with-a-master-class-in-wasting-time

I reviewed the final 26 minutes of the match (70:00 through stoppage time) – during which France's time-wasting seemed to be most pronounced – and tracked starts and stoppages, their causes, and which team controlled each restart. Those final 26 minutes featured only 11 minutes and 52 seconds of action.
The author of the article rightfully concludes:

I don't even think you can really blame France. The rules are the rules, after all. Everybody wastes time when they're winning. France just did it extremely well today.

But it does kinda feel like FIFA needs to do something more.
France's time wasting was utterly ridiculous.

Maybe you lot want to spend the next 30 years of your lives watching professional athletes waste time. Personally I'd rather watch actual football. The rules need changing.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If Croatia win the World Cup, Modric will win the Ballon d'Or. No one is going to argue with both a CL and a World Cup win.

But, even though it's Modric and the man is undeniably the best midfielder in the world, I think other players have been more instrumental in Croatia's World Cup success.
I still see him as most instrumental. It's the attacking players' job to score and assist, but he is the one that makes this team click. If you check his numbers with Madrid, you will be shocked that almost everyone scores and assists more than him. His numbers with Croatia are much higher because he's forced to take responsibilities he doesn't have in Real. But aside from that he keeps doing the job he does in Madrid.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Btw for people saying France's behaviour was normal and not unsportsmanslike and the game is okay as it is:

https://www.eldo.co/analysis/world-...t-belgium-with-a-master-class-in-wasting-time

The author of the article rightfully concludes:

France's time wasting was utterly ridiculous.

Maybe you lot want to spend the next 30 years of your lives watching professional athletes waste time. Personally I'd rather watch actual football. The rules need changing.
so out of 20 minutes we got 12? I wouldn't say that's extremely well, it's good, but surely La Liga teams do it better

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
so out of 20 minutes we got 12? I wouldn't say that's extremely well, it's good, but surely La Liga teams do it better
No. Out of 26 minutes we got 12. And the out of the last 8 we got 2. I'm not sure why you think that 12 minutes of action in 26 minutes is a good thing. Unless you want to spend time looking at a player lying on the ground, a goalkeeper cleaning his boots or people refusing to throw in.

The difference between what France did and the CL is also night and day. And it's because we have much better refs in the CL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)