World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (64 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
What I want: Uruguay, Belgium, Sweden, Croatia - and I swear I will stop being greedy and be happy with whoever wins the world cup.

What will happen: France, Brazil, England, Croatia.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What I want: Uruguay, Belgium, Sweden, Croatia - and I swear I will stop being greedy and be happy with whoever wins the world cup.

It's simply going to be either France or Brazil. Too much quality in those teams to not beat the other contenders. I can't imagine Belgium getting past both Brazil and France. Simply impossible imo. Either way, the team that goes through between France, Uruguay, Brazil and Belgium will win it all.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
To be fair it was a horrible match to ref for an inexperienced referee. Colombia are cunts and England decided to start diving.
Yup. I'm not sure the threat of VAR had a sufficient effect on the match. Colombia resorted to their Peckerman worst, as when they fouled the crap out of Brazil four years ago an attempt to knock them out (and also failed on PKs).

I'd be a sad woman.
Me too.

Well, at least the sad part.

Colombia have been one of my favorite International sides to watch for a while. Aggressive attacking football, Cuadrado, good attacking midfielders, mediocre defending, la pasion, dirty players. It's a great combination for drama and goals but they really lost their heads tonight. And they aren't some scrub team they have plenty of top level players who play in top leagues. They should've known better.

Cuads as always conducted himself like a professional but too many of his teammates did not.
After Portugal were eliminated, they were my side. Now I am down to third tier support, which is probably Croatia or Uruguay.

England will win and this forum will implode when Ronaldo joins PSG.

But it isn't all bleak, at least Cancelo will be a star for Juve
Ronaldo is so going to PSG.

Great minds think alike. ;)

I do. I am confused by the use of the other word to describe Uruguay?
Only because it's not often we get to post this all the time, once more:

It's simply going to be either France or Brazil. Too much quality in those teams to not beat the other contenders. I can't imagine Belgium getting past both Brazil and France. Simply impossible imo. Either way, the team that goes through between France, Uruguay, Brazil and Belgium will win it all.
I also agree with this. I don't think we have the pedigree for a new upstart among football's top field just yet. England would have to get insanely lucky. Uruguay would need Cavani to heal, not just their defensive solidity, because Suarez alone can't break open defenses anymore. Belgium is a time bomb just waiting to implode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)