World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (53 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
The Vertonghen fluke was a real momentum changer, because eventually Japan were going to concede but they needed to drag it out further. Unfortunately the same issue persists - with a physical opponent sustained pressure becomes too much, especially once Belgium threw the special teams players on.

Japan deserved extra time, but really they went above and beyond what the team expectation was. Also could do with a decent keeper...probably not going to happen.

Not impressed at all with Belgium, their approach was terrible, stupid even.

- - - Updated - - -

Oddly enough the previous coach who was sacked just before the tournament (Halihodzic) was very defensive, to the point he and the team were negative. How Japan played is how the team naturally plays and should play - they pass the ball and try to score. It's nice to see when so many others are trying not to lose, but yes ultimately it backfired.
I'm sorry for your loss man. :(

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I'm not Japanese, and this team has been pretty crap for a while. But Nishino was always a good coach and won lots with Gamba Osaka playing well so he should stick around. It was laughable that he was blacklisted,
I'm gonna :agree: as if I understood what you just said to me, Jay.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The Vertonghen fluke was a real momentum changer, because eventually Japan were going to concede but they needed to drag it out further. Unfortunately the same issue persists - with a physical opponent sustained pressure becomes too much, especially once Belgium threw the special teams players on.

Japan deserved extra time, but really they went above and beyond what the team expectation was. Also could do with a decent keeper...probably not going to happen.

Not impressed at all with Belgium, their approach was terrible, stupid even.

- - - Updated - - -

Oddly enough the previous coach who was sacked just before the tournament (Halihodzic) was very defensive, to the point he and the team were negative. How Japan played is how the team naturally plays and should play - they pass the ball and try to score. It's nice to see when so many others are trying not to lose, but yes ultimately it backfired.
No. Honestly Japan deserved to lose. Belgium is fundamentally flawed and we are a silly team. Vertonghen's defending is shocking and once again it nearly cost us.

I am also impressed with Japan. From their perspective they played a nearly perfect game. I got to say, if I was a neutral fan they'd have all my sympathy.

But they did not deserve to go through or even make it to extra time. Belgium was better for the vast majority of the game and did have more chances too.

We deserved to win. Plain and simple.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Most people do in everyday life.
Like me in the canteen at work.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Honestly Japan deserved to lose. Belgium is fundamentally flawed and we are a silly team. Vertonghen's defending is shocking and once again it nearly cost us.

I am also impressed with Japan. From their perspective they played a nearly perfect game. I got to say, if I was a neutral fan they'd have all my sympathy.

But they did not deserve to go through or even make it to extra time. Belgium was better for the vast majority of the game and did have more chances too.

:howler:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Like me in the canteen at work.

- - - Updated - - -

:howler:
It is what it is. You can't look at that game and name one statistic why Japan would have deserved to win. They just didn't. Doesn't take anything away from them.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It is what it is. You can't look at that game and name one statistic why Japan would have deserved to win. They just didn't. Doesn't take anything away from them.

You literally needed a goal in the last 10 seconds of the game to not get sent home against Japan. You certainly didn't deserve anything.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017

History will not say who deserved to win or lose. It will just say who won and lost.

It doesn't matter does it, deserved or not? Belgium won. Japan did not.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

Japan put in a a better performance in terms of effort. Belgium for all their talent were playing with the brakes on

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
History will not say who deserved to win or lose. It will just say who won and lost.

It doesn't matter does it, deserved or not? Belgium won. Japan did not.
It doesn't. But people can be stupid when it comes to underdogs. You get people supporting Russia for example, while they offer nothing.
You literally needed a goal in the last 10 seconds of the game to not get sent home against Japan. You certainly didn't deserve anything.
You're getting things mixed up. Same with Italy-Sweden. The Italians were simply the better team.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Japan put in a a better performance in terms of effort. Belgium for all their talent were playing with the brakes on
Sure. They still deserved to lose, because they were the lesser team for 80 minutes of the game.

But, I think Japan's commitment was out of this world. And it's not a one time thing either. The Japanese will do this again and again. Incredible performance from them.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It doesn't. But people can be stupid when it comes to underdogs. You get people supporting Russia for example, while they offer nothing.You're getting things mixed up. Same with Italy-Sweden. The Italians were simply the better team.

But it doesn't make sense to say Italy deserved to go through. They simply didn't win when it mattered. The better team doesn't always win.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Sure. They still deserved to lose, because they were the lesser team for 80 minutes of the game.

But, I think Japan's commitment was out of this world. And it's not a one time thing either. The Japanese will do this again and again. Incredible performance from them.

Have you seen this Belgium team when they were outsiders? I haven't, but I'm looking forward to the match against Brasil, when you won't have to dominate and you can hit them on the break. You certainly have the players for that.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
But it doesn't make sense to say Italy deserved to go through. They simply didn't win when it mattered. The better team doesn't always win.
Of course not. But what you get after a game like today is people saying Japan deserved to win or deserved ET. They didnt. It took Honda two minutes to take that freekick, because he wanted it to be the last kick of the 90 minutes.

And Japan was doing little things like that all game, on top of the incredible tactical performance they had.

But it does tell you that Japan was the lesser team all day long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)