World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (45 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Weird but I think that attitude is what made them make Belgium suffer. They just went for it gangho.
Indeed, but it was still naive. There were what... 30 seconds left? By all means take the corner kick and put lots of bodies in Belgium's box, but do it 5 or 10 seconds before the final whistle.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
If I was a Belgian fan, I’d hope that De Bruyne was walking back from taking a dump. Because you otherwise wouldn’t have known he’s been playing.
Watch him get all the plaudit for the 3rd goal after doing fuck all.
Lukaku's movement was really good there. fuck.
Classic counter and Lukaku's dummy runs were out of this world.

Some justice has been done as it would have been insane if Nagatomo and Honda were still in the wc.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, but it was still naive. There were what... 30 seconds left? By all means take the corner kick and put lots of bodies in Belgium's box, but do it 5 or 10 seconds before the final whistle.
No doubt about that. Double edged sword.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
And what's to say if the ref allowed an extra minute for Belgium to do the counter? They used up all their energy and along with that they used up their brains.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The Vertonghen fluke was a real momentum changer, because eventually Japan were going to concede but they needed to drag it out further. Unfortunately the same issue persists - with a physical opponent sustained pressure becomes too much, especially once Belgium threw the special teams players on.

Japan deserved extra time, but really they went above and beyond what the team expectation was. Also could do with a decent keeper...probably not going to happen.

Not impressed at all with Belgium, their approach was terrible, stupid even.

- - - Updated - - -

Oddly enough the previous coach who was sacked just before the tournament (Halihodzic) was very defensive, to the point he and the team were negative. How Japan played is how the team naturally plays and should play - they pass the ball and try to score. It's nice to see when so many others are trying not to lose, but yes ultimately it backfired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)