World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (36 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
he did get stepped on though
Yep, he did and no matter how annoying he can be that’s a disgusting thing to do.

but on the other hand of course he’s gonna make it look like he’s been stabbed with a sword.

- - - Updated - - -

@CrimsonianKing

I'm sorry, but you just got the kiss of Ansaldi et al.
I’m immune to Badass’ jinxing powers. But I don’t trust this Brazil team to go all the way.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Yep, he did and no matter how annoying he can be that’s a disgusting thing to do.

but on the other hand of course he’s gonna make it look like he’s been stabbed with a sword.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m immune to Badass’ jinxing powers. But I don’t trust this Brazil team to go all the way.
yeah. dybala has play acted for far far less contact.

but look at the disgusting jealous members not remembering this.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
you may be right about defenders being hurt by fatigue a bit more than attackers, although it'll take years before we can judge this objectively, but subjectively speaking I don't think this'll result in more games going to PKs.

all of the serious changes FIFA has done in the recent past - goal line tech, penalty area officials, VAR, extra sub - are going in the same direction, to improve the quality of the game, I think it's a good decision. before going further like this I'd like them to clarify some rules though, some alignment regarding handballs and penalties needs to happen soon.
Where we disagree is on whether this will actually improve the game. I guess we'll have to see. But I mean, it came out of nowhere. I know they tried it in a few tournaments before: women's and youth football, I think. But really, nobody was calling out for such a change. Time will tell.

But if they really wanted to make an impact, why not allow unlimited subs? That for sure will make a difference.

Who knows? Maybe it's coming, and everyone will embrace it. The game will be played with more intensity and more quality - what's not to like? We will all look back on 90s football like "what crap was that?" :p

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Where we disagree is on whether this will actually improve the game. I guess we'll have to see. But I mean, it came out of nowhere. I know they tried it in a few tournaments before: women's and youth football, I think. But really, nobody was calling out for such a change. Time will tell.

But if they really wanted to make an impact, why not allow unlimited subs? That for sure will make a difference.

Who knows? Maybe it's coming, and everyone will embrace it. The game will be played with more intensity and more quality - what's not to like? We will all look back on 90s football like "what crap was that?" :p
Come on man, thats a 60 yo post-mid life crisis dudes argument, did you give your dad the password? :D

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Come on man, thats a 60 yo post-mid life crisis dudes argument, did you give your dad the password? :D
I'm half joking. Not really suggesting that, or think it will happen. But really, if you want improve the quality, go all in - not some lame extra sub that will mostly be used to bring on a defensive midfielder ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)