World Cup 2006 Draw (1 Viewer)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
As a metter of fact I think that they are one of the strongest teams of the competition.
Good defence:A.Cole,Terry,Ferdinand,Campbel,Neville bros
Very good mid:Lampard,J.Cole,SWP,Scholes
Solid attack:Vassel,Owen,Rooney

The only part of their team which sucks is Goalkeeper,they don't have a decent one.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
giovanotti said:
As a metter of fact I think that they are one of the strongest teams of the competition.
Good defence:A.Cole,Terry,Ferdinand,Campbel,Neville bros
Very good mid:Lampard,J.Cole,SWP,Scholes
Solid attack:Vassel,Owen,Rooney

The only part of their team which sucks is Goalkeeper,they don't have a decent one.

Can I just correct a few things...Scholes has retired, Vassell won't make the squad, Peter Crouch will ! Campbell sucks now, and Robinson is a world class goalkeeper. But I still can't see England going all the way. The world cup is between Italy and France, I'm putting £100 on both to win !

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Group C is nice, but Group E gets my vote for this WC's Group of Death. I don't think anyone, save maybe Brazil or Argentina, can guarantee their placement relative to a dark hourse U.S. NT. Laugh all you want, but that's a team that can be readily underestimated for their team play versus their individuals ... and these days team play seems to mean a lot more than individuals in NT competitions. I expect the US to create an upset vs. Italy or the Czech Republic.

And Italy or the Czech Republic are pretty solid.

Poor Ghana. I hope they like schnitzel. ;)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
World Cup Draw: Azzurri pick Nedved Friday 9 December, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pavel Nedved's Czech Republic, Sami Kuffour's Ghana and the USA face Italy in Group E of the World Cup Finals.

The opening match for Marcello Lippi's men will be in Hanover against African giants Ghana on June 12, who can count on familiar Serie A faces Sami Kuffour and Stephen Appiah.

Juventus hero Nedved has come out of international retirement for this competition and will take on Italy in Hamburg on June 22.

The Azzurri also face the USA in Kaiserslautern on June 17. The Americans are in their fifth consecutive Finals.

Many believe the Czech Republic played the best football in Euro 2004, where they were eliminated in the semi-finals by eventual winners Greece. Juve’s 2003 Ballon d’Or winner Nedved is the key man, but they can also boast the talents of Bianconeri transfer target Tomas Rosicky and giant Jan Koller.

Ghana reach the World Cup Finals for the first time after an excellent qualifying campaign in which the Black Stars conceded just four goals in 12 games, including home and away wins over South Africa. Top star is Chelsea’s record-breaking signing Michael Essien, while Sulley Ali Muntari goes from strength to strength at Udinese and Samuel Kuffour is now plying his trade at Roma. Former Juventus midfielder Stephen Appiah completes a strong midfield.

The USA could count on the brightest young prodigy in world football, as teenage sensation Freddy Adu is considered for selection by Coach Bruno Arena. They finished ahead of seeds Mexico in the regional round-robin matches during qualifying and are not to be underestimated, especially as they nearly took Italy’s place in the seeding for the World Cup draw. The Azzurri have beaten the USA six times and drawn twice, never falling to a defeat

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Again, you're thinking individuals rather than team play. I see U.S. as significantly stronger than Ghana.

The sum is greater than the parts in the case of the US NT. A bit like the Germany NT that way.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Toni sees Italy on top Friday 9 December, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luca Toni will take on his Fiorentina teammate Tomas Ujfalusi in the final Group E game, but insists Italy are among the favourites for the World Cup.

“It’s a tough Group, but we will try to be as charged up as possible when the Finals arrive,” noted the Viola star.

“Every team you pick at this level is going to be difficult, while my favourites for the trophy are Brazil, Germany and of course Italy!”

Toni has been on spectacular scoring form with 50 goals for Palermo over two seasons and he is the current Serie A Capocannoniere with 16 in 14 games, so he will be a key player for the Azzurri.

Italy have drawn Ghana, the USA and the Czech Republic, which stars his Fiorentina teammate Ujfalusi.

“I’m sure we can joke around in training with Ujfalusi tomorrow, but once we get to the game it’ll be a battle. I’ve also played alongside Stephen Appiah, so it will be an interesting experience. I don’t think our Group is any trickier than the others.”

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
BTW

in yesterday’s practice draw, Italy were placed in a group alongside Andriy Shevchenko’s Ukraine, Angola and Japan

Thank god we didnt meet shevchenko in that real draw

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think Italy could contain the Ukraine NT. Sheva can't do much if the Italy midfield is blocking off his feeds.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Still i would not wanted to see us playing against sheva........ukraine wasnt in a easy group, still they where the first europe team to qualify!

Although chezh are a hard enough team also....remember, we draw with norway....while chezh won both games and totaly outplayed norway at home....i saw that second game and saw a big team against small team....ofcourse wonderful performance by nedved.....

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
The only thing about the Czechs is that most of their key players are over 30, and it is likely they will go through with Italy in this group, but after that it will be difficult for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)