Wojciech Szczęsny (13 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I have no doubts Giuntoli and co are scoping out some names, but I’ve always said (his large wages aside) he’s the least of our problems right now. Seems to be a great locker room character and leader as well.
I don't entirely disagree. What I meant is that we need to have someone back him up who will be his long term replacement the way he was for Gigi. Someone young, cheap and with a lot of upside.
there are none. keep him till maignan contract runs out
When his contract runs out, his next paycheck will be similar to Tek's I'd assume.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I don't entirely disagree. What I meant is that we need to have someone back him up who will be his long term replacement the way he was for Gigi. Someone young, cheap and with a lot of upside.

When his contract runs out, his next paycheck will be similar to Tek's I'd assume.
Meret might be available on a free transfer.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I have no doubts Giuntoli and co are scoping out some names, but I’ve always said (his large wages aside) he’s the least of our problems right now. Seems to be a great locker room character and leader as well.
How is he the least of our problems? In terms of personnel, we are among the top 2-3 teams in Serie A in all of attack, midfield and defense, but goalkeeper is one of the obvious positions where we're absolutely midtable. Not only teams like Inter or Milan have a better goalkeeper, but teams like Fiorentina and Monza do too.

Tek has been absolutely mediocre for years, advanced stats not only say that he has not been a top3 goalie in the league for years, most of the time he's also outperformed by Perin.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
How is he the least of our problems? In terms of personnel, we are among the top 2-3 teams in Serie A in all of attack, midfield and defense, but goalkeeper is one of the obvious positions where we're absolutely midtable. Not only teams like Inter or Milan have a better goalkeeper, but teams like Fiorentina and Monza do too.

Tek has been absolutely mediocre for years, advanced stats not only say that he has not been a top3 goalie in the league for years, most of the time he's also outperformed by Perin.
You think Fiorentina and Monza have a better GK than us? No point carrying on this discussion then. You’re not a serious person.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

you can make an argument that he doesn't deserve the high salary, but tek has been incredible this season. the defense leaks chances and tek has been reliable at saves almost all season. to say the 1-0 wins is thanks to defense being incredible is both overrating the defense, and underrating tek's contributions

Strickland

May 17, 2019
You think Fiorentina and Monza have a better GK than us? No point carrying on this discussion then. You’re not a serious person.
I dont watch Monza or Fiorentina, but advanced goalkeeping stats are saying that their goalies are having a remarkable season while Tek is simply ok. And its not an anomaly, Teks stats have been unremarkable to bad for years now

- - - Updated - - -

you can make an argument that he doesn't deserve the high salary, but tek has been incredible this season. the defense leaks chances and tek has been reliable at saves almost all season. to say the 1-0 wins is thanks to defense being incredible is both overrating the defense, and underrating tek's contributions
I think that not only he doesnt deserve the high salary, but he also isnt good enough to be the starting gk for Juve.

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I dont watch Monza or Fiorentina, but advanced goalkeeping stats are saying that their goalies are having a remarkable season while Tek is simply ok. And its not an anomaly, Teks stats have been unremarkable to bad for years now
you need to remember they leak more chances because they are not defensive teams so goalkeepers get to save more shots.

you need your goalkeeper to be sharp in a defensive team. because your team might leak only one shot at goal but that shot needs to be saved so the goal keeper needs to have sharp focus and reflexes in a match where he might not touch the ball for many minutes at a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)