Wojciech Szczęsny (42 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
On the balance of play, he has won far more points for us than lost them.
fbref posts this opta stat called post-shot expected goals minus goals allowed per 90 minutes, which is probably the closest data point we have to what you're suggesting. Woj is positive at 0.02. Last season 0.00. That suggests the balance of play regarding Woj is normal, in line with the average goalie. Of course stats are stats and not the ultimate truth

Buy on AliExpress.com

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
fbref posts this opta stat called post-shot expected goals minus goals allowed per 90 minutes, which is probably the closest data point we have to what you're suggesting. Woj is positive at 0.02. Last season 0.00. That suggests the balance of play regarding Woj is normal, in line with the average goalie. Of course stats are stats and not the ultimate truth
I find those stats fairly useless.
The eye test on the other hand never lies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I appreciate this post because it must have been tough for you to praise such an uggo!

On a serious note, he's one of the best goalkeepers of the last decade in my opinion. His forte is that he maintained great performance throughout those years opposed to more praised goalies like Neuer, De Gea, Oblak, Lloris who's had 1-3 beast season only to turn mediocre soon after. His looks doesn't help his case either lol
And it came out of nowhere too.

He wasn’t particularly impressive at Arsenal, was good for Roma, but reached another level with us imo.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The fact that he has come back from multiple blunders is a testament to his mentality. Others, like De Gea for example, just crumbled and were never the same.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I wish Tek positioned himself a bit better by stepping forward a few steps so he could save Empoli equalizer.
I probably need to rewatch the goal, but from the replay I saw right after the goal, it did look like he was unsighted because of three players in his line of sight. By the time he sees the ball it’s too late. Locatelli was lazy and didn’t cover what should have been a routine stop.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
players should have neveer allowed a shot from that range like that.

if not for him the team would have lost this match. he is best keeper in serie a

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
I probably need to rewatch the goal, but from the replay I saw right after the goal, it did look like he was unsighted because of three players in his line of sight. By the time he sees the ball it’s too late. Locatelli was lazy and didn’t cover what should have been a routine stop.
He seemed to be so close to the line. Buffon used to be 1-2 steps forward and to me that's subtle but make a difference.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Loca cant block the shoot but it doesnt mean the goal was his fault. Baldanzi is running with the ball and he followed it. Tek also hold his stand and doesnt try to block the shoot. It seems reachable if he stretch his arm and fall down. But agree it might players block his sight

It might not the same exact situation in Newcastle - Fulham match. but its a bit similar. At 5:00-5:10, there is Robinson (Fulham) shoot. Shoot also low and goes to the left off GK, 2 players try to block but cant block it and yet the ball go on target. In this time Dubravka can get it although there also some players in front of him

Last edited:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Is it true this guy already told Juve he won't resign after 2025? Either he's honest or stupid or both. Perin IMO isn't that much if any of a downgrade. Either demand he leaves this summer or bench him next season. See how much money he gets after not playing the entire year.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
This is a typical Woj thing.

A run of good games with a couple of big saves that secured the team 3 points. Then brainfart is bound to happen, like beaten at near post or fail to claim crosses that he should have due to poor command of the box.

That said, he is not our biggest problem. Being an above average goalkeeper throughout his career, he is doing a better job than 90% of the rest of the squad.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Go to news now.co.uk for all Euro soccer articles and see Di Gregorio available though Inter was his youth club. Signed till 2027 and cheap .... though he would need to give him a bump in pay. Let go of this inconsistent, chain-smoking guy.

Just think if we got Donna at his enormous salary. Would have given management even less money to spend. Best we could have hoped for was plenty of 0-0 draws with this lackluster offensive group.

Whatever issues exist with a Del Piero or Buffon, dropped them and get them on board for at least player acquisitions relations.
:jflag::jflag2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)