Wojciech Szczęsny (21 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Either way there’s no reason to panic it’s why teams have several gks. But you’re willing to let him have 3-4 games like this before something needs to be done?

I see a lot of argument that our mid is shitty and our leaky defense doesn’t help him and it’s all true but that second goal that cannot happen not even just once again this season or I’d bench his ass indefinitely. Just kick the damn ball out of the stadium if you have to.
Ok. Maybe another game like that, possibly two, and Allegri should bench his ass.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm sure he will play against Empoli and do fine because they could be the second weakest side in Serie A. But here we are again with continuing to play players who should be benched, then once a tougher match arises they make another critical error.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I'm sure he will play against Empoli and do fine because they could be the second weakest side in Serie A. But here we are again with continuing to play players who should be benched, then once a tougher match arises they make another critical error.
he was meant to do fine against a below average udinese and a 2 goal advantage...

empoli :scared:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Rinse and repeat. The story of a Juventus fan.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
The thing is he's still our #1 whether everyone likes it or not so benching him would just kill the little confidence he has right now.

It's the first match of the season. Give him another chance to try and regain that confidence. If he fucks up, bench his ass.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
dude dude....
He is not. Ramsey earn more as he has a loyalty bonus as well.
Players get a wages and agents an annual bonus. Dunno if that goes to the player as well or just to the agents.
Also De Ligt is 8m + 4m of possible bonus
The “loyalty” bonus should be paid by him to the club to stay loyal to him despite all these poor performances. Tici got it backwards.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Just repeating that over and over again won't change the fact he will start next match and the one after that. Might as well just accept it.
That may be true, but it doesnt stop Juve from trying to give Perin a chance.
A quick comparison on Tek, Perin and my fave keeper currently Jan Oblak. Perin with a 75.5% saves with more minutes vs Tek.. I think Perin deserves the chance.

1629725876626.png

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Tek has had good days with us, pointless to deny that, even had a very long period where he was solid and the least of our worries and that was about around the time he initially replaced Buffon but as time went on we could see how his shaky and mistake prone mentality shone through as soon as the team itself started to decline the past few seasons , thing is that yesterday wasn't a one off, he's had plenty of blunders in the previous season aswell which is around the time his decline started to be apparent,both with us aswell as with the Poland NT... yesterday was just another confirmation that he might actually just not be good enough anymore to start for Juventus, that much is obvious.

Sad part is that we have no adequate replacement, Perin inspires just as little confidence, also i see others talking about Keylor Navas being a good option to go for as our main GK like wtf, the guy has just as many blunders to his name, most of them copy-paste to the one Tek made on the first goal, has maybe even more overall in his career, don't get me wrong, he a good GK all in all but not much better or more solid than the high wages polish headache we already have around, the costarican was always the weak link in the two top teams he played for before despite the success for example at RM where anyone that paid attention would realise that the team won everything in spite of him and not thanks to him, so definitely not the guy i'd want around, altough he might have a stronger mentality than those that we have now we would still hardly get anywhere far with him.

I am no expert but if the GK is going to be a guy allowed to make silly mistakes than i'd rather just bring a young up and coming GK and give him the nod, at least there would be some upside and growth to expect from him while he matures, heck we could even cash in on him if he doesnt get better whitin 1-2 seasons and and just look for another one in line to test out rather than invest again in someone that has no resale value and high wages while underperforming.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Just repeating that over and over again won't change the fact he will start next match and the one after that. Might as well just accept it.
But it shouldn't be that way, literally rewarding failure and that's not how a club like Juve should be managed.

- - - Updated - - -

well he's been God awful for club and country for nearly a year now.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
But it shouldn't be that way, literally rewarding failure and that's not how a club like Juve should be managed.

- - - Updated - - -

well he's been God awful for club and country for nearly a year now.
Come on man, stop doubling down. His first bad game was on Feb 18th. That's 7 months. I will agree with you that's long enough of a bad stretch to be dropped, no need of going all hyperbolic.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
That may be true, but it doesnt stop Juve from trying to give Perin a chance.
A quick comparison on Tek, Perin and my fave keeper currently Jan Oblak. Perin with a 75.5% saves with more minutes vs Tek.. I think Perin deserves the chance.

1629725876626.png
I’m not against giving Perin a shot but we gotta tread carefully here. Modern footballers are as sissy as they come. We bench his ass and he might never recover from it so what happens if Perin doesn’t live up to expectations either? Now we’d have one average gk and another who in his day was solid but now his confidence is smaller than Badass’s dick.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
One thing i think that everyone expects and can agree on is that he will most likely start the next couple of games aswell to help him regain 'confidence', Empoli aside there will also be a quick succesion of tuff games against Napoli and then Milan right after, so let's just wait and see how he(and we as a result) will come out of it before we completely give up on him i guess, altough i admit right now while still in the heat of the moment is quite hard to not want him already benched or thrown out...

I reckon that in case things will go even more downhill with him the next few weeks he might not even be starting in goal by the time the Milan game comes around.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I’m not against giving Perin a shot but we gotta tread carefully here. Modern footballers are as sissy as they come. We bench his ass and he might never recover from it so what happens if Perin doesn’t live up to expectations either? Now we’d have one average gk and another who in his day was solid but now his confidence is smaller than Badass’s dick.
When you try your best, but you don't succeed (Pirlo)
When you get what you want but not what you need (CR7 transfer)
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep stuck in reverse (Juventus Fans)

But if you never try, you'll never know (Allegri)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)