Wojciech Szczęsny (19 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But why people is blaming him?

He stopped a dangerous shot and did what he could to deflect the ball to the side. I dont see any fault on that.

Unluckily for him, the striker was not marked and in the right moment to pounce

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
It wasn’t an easy save by any means. The perfect scenario would have been to him push the ball away, but better keepers than him would have done exactly what he did.

Needs to be remain our number one. Suggesting anything else is laughable. The man doesnt get enough get credit as it is. Easily among the best in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
is part of the defense not being as good his fault?

yes, he is a great shot stopper, but is he as good as Buffon in commanding his defense? i feel like too much is shouldrered on bonucci since de ligt still learning langauge. and cuadrado and as are not good commanders

maybe it doesn't help him that Chiellini is injured and de ligt probably only knows 8 words of italian

imagine him with the command of buffon, while having this inform bonucci and chiellini in front of him

Boksic

May 11, 2005
is part of the defense not being as good his fault?

yes, he is a great shot stopper, but is he as good as Buffon in commanding his defense? i feel like too much is shouldrered on bonucci since de ligt still learning langauge. and cuadrado and as are not good commanders

maybe it doesn't help him that Chiellini is injured and de ligt probably only knows 8 words of italian

imagine him with the command of buffon, while having this inform bonucci and chiellini in front of him
High line, zonal marking, a lack of protection from midfield, a lack of presence down the flanks, a WB at RB, questionable defending from our CBs at times are the reason for our poor defence.

Szczesny is not the most commanding and had some errors but the above are far bigger issues.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
which one was he supposed to save yesterday: the one when our defense completely got him exposed and no defender could follow borini, or the penalty?
He didn't look too clever on the disallowed goal. You could argue that he could have narrowed the angle better and made himself bigger on the Borini one but you are correct he was completely exposed and it was an excellent finish.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He didn't look too clever on the disallowed goal. You could argue that he could have narrowed the angle better and made himself bigger on the Borini one but you are correct he was completely exposed and it was an excellent finish.
so let's bench our goalie because of a disallowed goal, when bonucci lost his man anyway? :shifty:

i wouldn't mind buffon starting, not that it would make any difference, but szczesny is the least of our problems. and i also remember those goals buffon conceded in his last season as a starter. with all due respect, for the last 2 seasons tek was the better player.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
so let's bench our goalie because of a disallowed goal, when bonucci lost his man anyway? :shifty:

i wouldn't mind buffon starting, not that it would make any difference, but szczesny is the least of our problems. and i also remember those goals buffon conceded in his last season as a starter. with all due respect, for the last 2 seasons tek was the better player.
I didn't say anything about dropping him.

I agree he is the least of our problems (I actually like him) but it doesn't mean that he is immune from criticism just like any other player.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
He's been excellent since joining us. Easily one of the top goalies in Europe. That said, along with the team his performances have become iffy as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 17)