Wojciech Szczęsny (34 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Needs to command his box better on set pieces. Not much he could do on the second but on the first he didn't know whether to come out then backed off then got stuck in no mans land.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
His hesitation does get the better of him on set pieces, but I thought he had another very good game. Solid, safe set of hands as per usual.
I think he is top class right now. The set piece issue is hard to gauge. I don't know what his options are. Every ball seems to come right into a dangerous area with no resistance from his defence. At this point do you just tell him to go for every ball lol?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I think he is top class right now. The set piece issue is hard to gauge. I don't know what his options are. Every ball seems to come right into a dangerous area with no resistance from his defence. At this point do you just tell him to go for every ball lol?
I think he’s under instructions not to attack those balls in the box and stay on his line lol.

But yeah I agree, he is a top class keeper now. Easily top 10. Huge difference from the Arsenal Tek to the Roma/Juve Tek.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Neuer comes out and easily collect all balls.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I think he’s under instructions not to attack those balls in the box and stay on his line lol.

But yeah I agree, he is a top class keeper now. Easily top 10. Huge difference from the Arsenal Tek to the Roma/Juve Tek.
Now that you mention it, it's been a while since I saw a really commanding goalkeeper rising above everyone collecting balls from corners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)