Wojciech Szczęsny (87 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He can't let crosses come and go at 1 meter of the line goal, that's his zone and he needs to protect it
I'm used to it. Been watching a goalie mostly glued to the line on crosses for like a decade.

Point being Woj is the last one to blame on the goals. They were largely down to the non existing understanding between our CB's. First goal beaten to the header, second goal DeLigt daydreaming, 3rd goal Bonucci and DeLigt both could and should have cleared the ball. There was no need for Woj to come out.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I'm used to it. Been watching a goalie mostly glued to the line on crosses for like a decade.

Point being Woj is the last one to blame on the goals. They were largely down to the non existing understanding between our CB's. First goal beaten to the header, second goal DeLigt daydreaming, 3rd goal Bonucci and DeLigt both could and should have cleared the ball. There was no need for Woj to come out.
I know, playing with their feet is way more important nowadays. And I'm just refering to the third goal, Sczchesnickcz could have done better on that one and as u said I think it was more about communication issues but not only between both CB, it was between all of them, including Woj

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Honestly Juve's goalie is the last thing concerning me. Love Gigi but nothing more than a great sub for WS. I thought he was excellent last year and probability going forward in his career will be a tad better than a tad worst. I lol at rumors of DD coming and think WTF will he cost? Paratici presently can't manage properly the money issues facing Juve.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Shezni does not worry me at all. You cannot win tittle if your goalie is your best player. Goalie should be above average and should not concede silly goals. Real won 3 CHL with Navas on goal. Shezni is a very good goal keeper.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
it still baffles me how the hell did he lost his starting place in PL national team to Fabianski. Our manager didnt give any reason, but said Fabs will be a starting keeper in the next coming matches. One guy is playing for Juve and is delivering while other one is playing for fucking West ham. Would like to hear what Wojciech thinks about it.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Great save but to be honest Allan didnt exactly aimed it to the corner of the goal..
Our Pole is a great GK though - He saves all regular shots and sometimes provide something extra and I cant say that on every GK..
IMO he is one of the top 10 GK in the world but there are some GK who are much better such as De Gea , Stegen, Alisson and of course Oblak who is by far the best GK nowadays..
Woj is very good but if you compare him to Buffon (not this Buffon but Buffon in his good days) he can barely shine his shoes..

De Gea on a free - I wouldnt do it unless we get a crazy offer for Woj as I think Woj is good enough for this level and although De Gea is a class above he will ask for high wages and he does make mistakes from time to time - Should it be Oblak I`d say give him whatever he wants without even thinking..

- - - Updated - - -

Navas is criminally underrated tbh,
the man is still better than Courtois but Madrid still forced him out, nothing more that he could have done
Dont know about better but they are about the same and Courtois was an expensive and illogical purchase..
P.S I think their treatment of Navas was very unfair and shameful...

- - - Updated - - -

Shezni does not worry me at all. You cannot win tittle if your goalie is your best player. Goalie should be above average and should not concede silly goals. Real won 3 CHL with Navas on goal. Shezni is a very good goal keeper.
Yes and no..
Yes you cannot win a title (CL) if your GK is your best player as it means the players you have are probably not good enough BUT the GK should be above average and nothing more is funny as Liverpool just won the CL and you cant call Alisson average...

P.S I referred to your title as CL title as we have been winning in Italy for years with Buffon perhaps our best player (But Buffon is also a different scenario in which the GK class was undeniably way better than the average top GK)

- - - Updated - - -

Ederson’s insane distribution and decision making puts him in the top bracket and ahead of Courtois.
Ederson is not better than Woj.. Distribution or not I see him as a good GK but nothing more - His technique is a nice thing that could be added to the team`s cause but his prime job is a GK which means saving goals - Its not like a regular field player and this is why I refuse to agree with your post.

Last edited:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
uventus, Manchester United and Atletico Madrid are considering discussing the trade that would see the Bianconeri’s Wojciech Szczęsny move to Atletico, Manchester United’s David De Gea move to Turin and Atletico Madrid’s Jan Oblak move to the Premier League.
https://www.calciomercato.com/en/ne...way-trade-of-goalkeepers-between-top-eu-70409

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/pilka-n...ia-wojciech-szczesny-trafi-do-atletico-madryt

https://www.90min.com/it/posts/6451...urce=categories_page&view_medium=[world-news]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)