Wojciech Szczęsny (23 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
What is Woj market value? I just wonder theoretically what we can do to swap Woj for Oblak
we bought him for 12+3, after how he's done for Juve, I'd say 35-40 sounds fair. Oblaks release clause is 120m, I don't think Atletico has any intention to let him go for less unless he absolutely forces his way out. For me he is the most consistently great goalkeeper of the last few years and if I had to name the best goalkeeper in the world currently, I'd go with Oblak, but our team is nowhere near perfect in other positions to drop that cash on a goalie

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
we bought him for 12+3, after how he's done for Juve, I'd say 35-40 sounds fair. Oblaks release clause is 120m, I don't think Atletico has any intention to let him go for less unless he absolutely forces his way out. For me he is the most consistently great goalkeeper of the last few years and if I had to name the best goalkeeper in the world currently, I'd go with Oblak, but our team is nowhere near perfect in other positions to drop that cash on a goalie
This is why I am mentioning him... It has been reported that he wants out.. I believe he will go for 100M but if Woj is 40M we still have a long way to go...

Jun 6, 2015
Woj is overrated around here I mean he is a good GK but he isnt an amazing one...
Oblak from the first time I have seen him play I marked him as Buffon`s heir (When we played Benfica in the EL)
This whole overrated vs underrated thing is useless as the point of reference is always your own subjective view. So basically when some people rate a player more than you do he is overrated and when some people rate a player less than you do he is underrated.

As I've mentioned before it's really hard to make any definite rankings on GKs without watching them for an extended period. Consistency is key when you're a GK and we can't know who is consistent without watching them play each week.

But Let's say Oblak is the best. Still the difference between him and the other GKs in the top 5-10 is pretty minor and I think Woj is in that group.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
This whole overrated vs underrated thing is useless as the point of reference is always your own subjective view. So basically when some people rate a player more than you do he is overrated and when some people rate a player less than you do he is underrated.

As I've mentioned before it's really hard to make any definite rankings on GKs without watching them for an extended period. Consistency is key when you're a GK and we can't know who is consistent without watching them play each week.

But Let's say Oblak is the best. Still the difference between him and the other GKs in the top 5-10 is pretty minor and I think Woj is in that group.
one stat that suggests otherwise is the difference between xGA and GA for Atletico during the past two seasons, Oblak league numbers there are comfortably better than other keepers that were considered close to being the best in that period like Allison, de Gea or for you it's Woj. you can check for yourself in understat.com, unfortunately they don't publish European and domestic cup numbers.

of course xg is flawed and xga depends on what kind of defense said team plays, but I've found that it's pretty good at showing tendencies. f.e. for de Gea the numbers paint the picture of his last two seasons pretty well.

Jun 6, 2015
one stat that suggests otherwise is the difference between xGA and GA for Atletico during the past two seasons, Oblak league numbers there are comfortably better than other keepers that were considered close to being the best in that period like Allison, de Gea or for you it's Woj. you can check for yourself in understat.com, unfortunately they don't publish European and domestic cup numbers.

of course xg is flawed and xga depends on what kind of defense said team plays, but I've found that it's pretty good at showing tendencies. f.e. for de Gea the numbers paint the picture of his last two seasons pretty well.
I quickly checked the stats and don't think they really tell anything. If we base our judgment on GKs on that one stat rather than trying to watch the GKs I think we're way off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)