Wojciech Szczęsny (15 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Juventus, Szczesny is not incedible: De Gea idea to replace him

Wojciech Szczesny's future may be far from Juventus. In fact, as reported by Rai Sport, the Polish goalkeeper is not considered to be non-transferable by the Bianconeri and with an important offer he could leave. To replace it, Juventus could bet on David De Gea from Manchester United.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I can see why De Gea would want to play for us. Attempting to be regarded as the best goalkeeper in the world and playing in a terrible team doesn't go well together.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
despite his mistake against inda, he's easily a top3 player for us this season. very consistent, very strong mentally (pulled some great saves after his blunder this weekend too), and a very funny, relaxed character. he's the least of our problems.

He-Man

Mar 1, 2013
He is great on the line, he plays very well with both legs, he catches the high balls also great. He reaching perfect age for goalkeeper, he grew up mentally last 3 y and stabilized his form.
Has weaknesses? Maybe playing high from goal he could improve.
But hes TOP3 goalkeepers in Europe this season. Same age as De Gea. For me, it's just a fanciful story of meager journalists.
I'm sure, that absolutely nobody is thinking about this in our club. about selling Wojtek.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Has De Gea ever proven in his career he can play continually without making mistakes from lack of concentration?

He is a superb shot-stopper and arguably capable of saves that no other can make. But the one of the most important skills of a top 'keeper is the ability to stay concentrated even in games where you have nothing to do and not make mistakes. Another is getting in a position to not have to make spectacular saves. Buffon was the master at both of these. I'm yet to be convinced that De Gea has these skills.

Szczesny seems to have improved in both these areas in recent years. I'd say his weakness is misjudging the flight of the ball when running out to clear.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
oh wtf i didnt realise Woj and De Gea were the same age, thought De Gea was much younger,
I wouldnt trade them tbh, Woj has been excellent in his whole stay here, he knows the system, the players, no use getting rid of him

De Gea is capable of some crazy saves, that no one else would do, but i think over a season, Woj's consistency makes up the difference
(has to be said DDG was really consistent before this recent poor run too), but we would defs have to pay in the exchange, i really dont see it being worth it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)