Wojciech Szczęsny (26 Viewers)

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
but that's why there are better goalies like buffon because somehow they can do the save. even this de gea guy. i mean that we used to feel more safe with goalie like buffon. and this have been our standard for long time. we used to feel more safe even with such balls.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
but that's why there are better goalies like buffon because somehow they can do the save. even this de gea guy. i mean that we used to feel more safe with goalie like buffon. and this have been our standard for long time. we used to feel more safe even with such balls.
De Gea had two times in the match where he didn't even move on shots that nearly went in. Dybala hit the post on one and Pjanic almost dipped in.

I'd agree he was worse on the 2nd goal

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Positioning was wrong, and he stepped to his left. He basically forced everything into expecting a left footed player to curl across the ball and moving away from the wall - almost never happens. It's a technical error and made the fk much easier than it should have been.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
what i mean is. we never had to discuss these things as buffon made these things look as a standard. i guess i got used to have the best goalie. and i always expect to have a great goalie like him, who could make me feel more safe.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
what i mean is. we never had to discuss these things as buffon made these things look as a standard. i guess i got used to have the best goalie. and i always expect to have a great goalie like him, who could make me feel more safe.
But where have you been the last 2-3 years when Gigi was still here? Like he didn't have his fair share of match costing howlers as well.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
But where have you been the last 2-3 years when Gigi was still here? Like he didn't have his fair share of match costing howlers as well.
i don't remember buffon being as a liability, cmon maybe some errors that could happen from the best. but he had his great standards.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Is sczecsny preferred because of his distribution skills over perin with sczecsny in the goal we are going to concede lot of goals from set pieces

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
The set up for Mata fk makes it almost impossible for a goal keeper to predict. It looked like a penalty where you have to pick a side. very well played by Young and Mata.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Got it wrong the first goal, that step to the left took him out of the play to save the free kick. Got it unbelievably wrong for the second one. Why the hell didn't he come out and grabbed/punch that.

Hasn't inspired any confidence this season. Makes me nostalgic about Buffon, like the "finished" Buffon in Lyon that brought us the win, we could have used him today.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Really guys? He might be responsible partially for the second goal, but this freekick? The step to the left was thanks to Young dummy probably. I really doubt any keeper would be able to save such a shot from this distance.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Really guys? He might be responsible partially for the second goal, but this freekick? The step to the left was thanks to Young dummy probably. I really doubt any keeper would be able to save such a shot from this distance.
Although I disagree that the freekick was too good to be saved, I do think the guys here are being to harsh on Woj, don't think it's anywhere near to a point were he should give up the starting spot to Perin. Overall he's been okayish this season, some good games and some howlers, but its not easy to follow the greatest goalkeeper ever and have a great goalie like Perin breathing down your neck, hopefully he survives the pressure

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Positioning was wrong, and he stepped to his left. He basically forced everything into expecting a left footed player to curl across the ball and moving away from the wall - almost never happens. It's a technical error and made the fk much easier than it should have been.
This.
While it was a good freekick, it was nowhere near perfect. Sadly, it didn't need to be perfet because of what Woj did.

Overall, he has been remarkably solid so far this season though.
Then again, I'd prefer a great keeper over a solid one :D

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
To those people who ask for him to be dropped, please go get Sergio Ramos haircut and eat a donkey dong.

Having been a professional goalkeeper myself, you have no idea how hard it is to not make a mistake in crowded penalty area, let alone half a mistake. Don’t think both of the goals are anywhere near his fault.

It is a harsh ime for him as well, given all the talks of us signing De Gea. Woj has been through a lot in life and hope that this match will make him stronger. Perhaps he could command his defenders better and that takes time.

Apr 19, 2007
To those people who ask for him to be dropped, please go get Sergio Ramos haircut and eat a donkey dong.

Having been a professional goalkeeper myself, you have no idea how hard it is to not make a mistake in crowded penalty area, let alone half a mistake. Don’t think both of the goals are anywhere near his fault.

It is a harsh ime for him as well, given all the talks of us signing De Gea. Woj has been through a lot in life and hope that this match will make him stronger. Perhaps he could command his defenders better and that takes time.
I agree with you its no easy task. But we are Juve. We arent a team that you can make mistakes at and its ok. If Perin is better he needs to play. That isnt a fact and honestly dont think he is right now but Perin should start playing some of the seria a games.

Gks shouldnt get a pass just like that Cuads miss shouldnt even though it wasnt the easiest of finishes. You have to make the keeper at least make a play. This game should have been 3/4-0 easily. But we have been wasteful up top just like Max has been preaching

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)