Wojciech Szczęsny (12 Viewers)

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
We have a great second gk in perin, and when the first gk has an absolute horrendous match, in this seasons biggest match, its time for perin. Its a worryibg sign not beeing able to perform in thd biggest matches

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Is sczecsny preferred because of his distribution skills over perin with sczecsny in the goal we are going to concede lot of goals from set pieces
I remember thinking how great his distribution was while watching the match. He could send the ball out to the flanks with such precision, it was great to watch. I'm sure this contributes to him starting considering how great of an asset it is to have. Almost a requirement these days.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
I remember thinking how great his distribution was while watching the match. He could send the ball out to the flanks with such precision, it was great to watch. I'm sure this contributes to him starting considering how great of an asset it is to have. Almost a requirement these days.

So now we have a defender that cant defend, but has a sweet pass, and a gk that cant save but can pass the ball. I dont like where this is going

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Although I disagree that the freekick was too good to be saved, I do think the guys here are being to harsh on Woj, don't think it's anywhere near to a point were he should give up the starting spot to Perin. Overall he's been okayish this season, some good games and some howlers, but its not easy to follow the greatest goalkeeper ever and have a great goalie like Perin breathing down your neck, hopefully he survives the pressure
One game is all it takes to kneejerk.

Woj can only be evaluated as our starter keeper at the end of the season.

Apr 19, 2007
I don't know what that question means, and you can't evaluate a GK in a month.
If you have 2 GKs that are close in level than if one is in bad form of course you can. What makes GK so much different than any other position? Not saying just bench him but to say that Perin shouldnt get minutes to help better evaluate is stupid

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
If you have 2 GKs that are close in level than if one is in bad form of course you can. What makes GK so much different than any other position? Not saying just bench him but to say that Perin shouldnt get minutes to help better evaluate is stupid
No one said Perin shouldn't get minutes. Woj himself got plenty of minutes last season, enough for everyone to fap over him and guarantee his starter spot this season.

At this point, you can't possibly know if Woj is good enough or not. Hasn't been enough time for even an outfield player let alone a GK, who require more time for settling in and evaluation.

That doesn't mean Perin shouldn't and won't get minutes. What's stupid is this kneejerking after one game.

Jun 6, 2015
Perhaps the fact that it is so much different compared to any other position?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Did he f up in set pieces before?
Not in set pieces but in the Parma game he fumbled a cross which lead to a goal see I am not against sczecsny but my only question why is he preferred over perin is it because of his distribution skills

- - - Updated - - -

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Haven’t been sold on szczesny all season. His positioning/instincts on corners and set pieces is awful, and it finally cost us.

I’m not saying bench him completely, but Perin has literally only played ONCE. That’s insane. It should be a 70/30 split, AT LEAST.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Haven’t been sold on szczesny all season. His positioning/instincts on corners and set pieces is awful, and it finally cost us.

I’m not saying bench him completely, but Perin has literally only played ONCE. That’s insane. It should be a 70/30 split, AT LEAST.
Allegri is keeping perin fresh for coppa Italia games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)