Wojciech Szczęsny (8 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeh. Let donnarumma stay with raiola on that shidhole called milan. He is already poisoned by mediocrity and expensive as hell

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
He is 27 years old so he has plenty of years left, will be interesting to see what happens here. I do think we partly signed him cause Marotta likes his serie a proven players and Szczęsny had a great season with Roma. It might very well be a long term signing.

With a performance like yesterday you do start to wonder how desperate we are to actually go and buy a new keeper next summer.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
What must be said is that if there is one aspect where he is upgrade on Gigi it definetely is his calmness with the ball and passes. I have watched him for few yeas and imo he is now worth starting place in Juve. Few years ago i wouldnt say so, but he has really grown up since then.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Top class keeper. I hope he starts more games.

- - - Updated - - -

I told you guys he will be a great signing in the summer.

Judging him on his Arsenal past is misplaced. He's developed in leaps and bounds since then.

When Madrid , PSG and the likes have less 'fancy' keepers not sure why people have this obsession of wanting to replace Buffon with some fancy name. Donnarumma is inferior anyway and will be a huge strain on our budget.

Szczesny is top class. Glad to have him.

OP
piotrr

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #377
    Szczesny talks saves, songs and showdowns at the Stadium

Juventus goalkeeper, Wojciech Szczesny, looks back on last night’s win in Athens before previewing upcoming games against Inter and Roma

Fresh from making his first Champions League appearance in the black and white of Juventus in which he kept a clean sheet en route to a crucial victory that seals the Bianconeri’s spot in the last 16, Wojciech Szczesny could not have been in better spirits heading into today’s interview with Juventus TV.
    Here is what the Polish goalkeeper had to say to presenter, Claudio Zuliani, upon returning to Turin from Athens.

[h=2]IN ATHENS WITH ENTHUSIASM[/h]“Whenever I have the opportunity to play, I’m calm and enthusiastic about it. I’m happy that I had my chance between the sticks last night in Athens, in what was a very important match. Yesterday’s was a huge win that allows us to take our Champions League campaign to the next level.”

[h=2]ABOUT THOSE SAVES…[/h]“My first save last night was more instinctive and I got a little bit lucky too. For the second save, meanwhile, I had to rush off my line, dive down low and time everything to perfection. That was a more difficult save and I was very satisfied with it.”

[h=2]AN ENGLISH TEAM UP NEXT?[/h]“We’re one of the strongest teams in Europe and we don’t fear anyone. I hope that we draw an English team. I’d really like it if we could win a big game in England.”

[h=2]CLEAN SHEET CONFIDENCE[/h]“Regarding the league, we’re anticipating a fascinating tussle against Inter this Saturday. It will be very difficult, but we’re confident. We haven’t conceded a single goal in our last four games and this is an important platform for us to win matches, as we’ve plenty of firepower up front.”

[h=2]WOJCIECH’S WORKOUTS[/h]“I work on every aspect of my game. Nobody is perfect and everyone has areas they can improve on. Every week, we focus our attentions on technique and run through all of the basics and timings. On top of that, we work out a lot in the gym - more than I was used to earlier in my career - and I feel much stronger for it.”

[h=2]MUSIC TO MY EARS[/h]“I’ve music playing in my house 24/7. My wife is a musician and I enjoy playing the piano, it’s an important aspect of my life.”

[h=2]SERIE A SHOWDOWNS[/h]“We’ve two big matches coming up at home against Inter and Roma. These are the games that get you extra motivated and we have to win both of them. We are Juventus.”

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
    Does juve ever had non italian first GK aside from van der sar?
    Not 1st team player maybe..
    Iirc we got Branescu from Romania, don't know how he fares now.

And you probably remember Carini from Uruguay/Argentina (only remember from SA) - Cannavaro swap, i'd argue that is the best transfer i ever seen :rofl:

There's also Maningger from Austria, he take part in Juventus current success..

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Not 1st team player maybe..
    Iirc we got Branescu from Romania, don't know how he fares now.

And you probably remember Carini from Uruguay/Argentina (only remember from SA) - Cannavaro swap, i'd argue that is the best transfer i ever seen :rofl:

There's also Maningger from Austria, he take part in Juventus current success..
    Manninger was a pretty great back up coach to have when Gigi was injured.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)