Wojciech Szczęsny - GK - Roma (on loan from Arsenal) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
piotrr

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #84
    http://www.football-italia.net/104034/buffon-‘szczesny-right-juventus’

Gianluigi Buffon appears to confirm Wojciech Szczesny will join Juventus - “I think it’s an intelligent marriage”.

The Arsenal goalkeeper has spent the past two seasons on loan with Roma, but it has been suggested he’ll join the Bianconeri this summer as an eventual replacement for the Italy captain.

“He’s made the best choice he could make,” Buffon told Sky when asked what he’ll say to Szczesny.

“I also think though that Juve have made the best choice they could make, because Szczesny, in my opinion, had a great season last year.

“He was probably the best goalkeeper in terms of consistency, and saves made.

“I think that it’s an intelligent marriage between the strongest club and the one who was the strongest goalkeeper last year.

“How will we adapt to each other? Easily. One one gets called-up, he plays and if you’re not called on you don’t play. It’s a lot simpler than you might thing.

“Because of that I think he’s really made the best choice for his present and his future, and I’m sure he’ll never regret it.

“When you come to Juve - especially if you haven’t been at other big clubs but aren’t used to winning - you understand the difference.”

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
    clubs must love us when we offer peanuts.
    Expect to see some comment about our offer from Wenger, just like he did when Marotta requested Van Persie. What was it? Caramello?
    Its stupid because Wenger always cried about players prices beign colossal yet he decided to publicly critize CEO of other club because of low offer. I guess his crying only applies when Arsenal is buying not selling.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Expect to see some comment about our offer from Wenger, just like he did when Marotta requested Van Persie. What was it? Caramello?
    Its stupid because Wenger always cried about players prices beign colossal yet he decided to publicly critize CEO of other club because of low offer. I guess his crying only applies when Arsenal is buying not selling.
    did they re-sign Arsène? I don't get why they would.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
    did they re-sign Arsène? I don't get why they would.
    He signed 2 year deal.
    Well he is earning money for them (gets 4th place) and doesnt complain when someone is sold.
    He is also great at developing talents which the club can sell. Arsenal is a company which has to earn money and he is perfect for it.
    Would hate to be a fan of this club and see how the owners operate, hopefully it will never happen to us (but you can see some signs of it already i.e. Sandro case and new season ticket prices).

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
    Fabianski seems to be more consistent and stable while Szczesny tends to do errors sometimes but on his day he is unbeatable. Szczesny usually shines most in big matches too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)