Wishlist and General Juve winter mercato talk (2013-14) (38 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Guys, the only certainty I could deduct from the last 100 comments is that sweeping changes are coming. The irony here is that the previous 10k posts weren't much different, but now it seems there is a method to this madness:
1. life after Pirlo
2. Wingers/Wide players
3. Back four again.

How are we going to achieve that with 15-20 mil expenses at most, as the majority here believes, is beyond me though. Either we will sell big in the summer and Marotta will play The Bargain Hunter or simply we won't get quality in one market.
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I would only consider Mirko as a LW in a 433. When it comes to playing a 4231 I think it's slightly more crucial for the wingers to track back, than compared to a 433, and I doubt Mirko has the work rate to do the defending part as well at this point of his career.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Playing a 433 without Pirlo means that we need a Trequartista and/or creative wingers. Tevez is the obvious option for the trequartista slot, as he's already stated his preference for playing through the middle. As for the wingers, I would like to see Giovinco being given a shot at LW. And I don't even like Giovinco. I do believe, though, that many moons ago he was tearing up Serie A in that position while at Parma. We haven't used a LW since he came back to Juve and that may well be a big reason for his floppiness. On the right wing we would clearly have to make a purchase as the only right winger we have is Pepe and he has been injured for years. If he ever comes back I expect a reduction of his energy levels/running ability (which of course was what made him a useful player in the first place)

There is another problem with a 433: we have three first choice CBs and no obvious LB. That's obviously the reason that Conte put Chiellini at LB when playing 433 in his first year. While Giorgio is a top-class defender, I think he would be wasted at LB. I would prefer us to play Ogbonna there than to spend more money in the transfer market (and by the way, what are these 20m figures for Criscito all about? Utter bollocks)

Who could be buy for the RW? The names I'm seeing are Sanchez and Menez. I could see us trying for Nani again or simply buying within Serie A (Cerci). I'm going to put Sanchez in my team because I don't think it's all that unlikely that it could happen in reality.

So how's about this?

Buffon
Licht Barzagli Chiellini Ogbonna
Vidal Marchisio
Tevez
Sanchez Llorente Giovinco

I like it ^^

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Four forwards just isn't going to happen, especially as Tevez considers himself a CF. The only variation of that we might play is;

Buffon
Lichtsteiner Barzagli Chiellini Ogbonna
Pogba Marchisio
Vidal
Sanchez Tevez Vucinic​

Maybe Tevez LWF with Llorente CF on occasion.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I did think that in my formation Tevez would inevitably drift up, and during the build up Llorente would likely drift back at times so essentially you're right I was trying to sneak a wee 424 under the radar :D

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Some rumours that we're in advanced negotiations for Marc-André ter Stegen.

http://www.tuttojuve.com/calciomerc...ebbe-essere-lui-l-erede-di-gigi-buffon-164939
Cant think of a better goalie we can realistically get.

For this reason, i offcourse got him in fifa 13, 14, fm13

- - - Updated - - -

This would be a great investment if we could pull it off. He's already very good and is going to be one of the best goalies in the world in a couple of years. Perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

What about an offensive 4-4-2 ? I know it's never going to happen, but on paper that's what makes most sense.
what do you mean with offensive 4-4-2 ?

2 wingers and a CAM behind the front duo ?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
what do you mean with offensive 4-4-2 ?

2 wingers and a CAM behind the front duo ?
The best example I can give is the way City are lining up.

Licht - Barza - Ogbonna/Caceres - Chiellini
Vidal - Pogba/Marchisio
RW--------------------Vucinic/Giovinco
Tevez - Llorente

- - - Updated - - -

That's probably too offensive for Conte, unless we get Pepe back in top form.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Vidal - Pogba/Marchisio
Tevez - Llorente

- - - Updated - - -

Thats a good formation for winning league games, but is hit or miss in the clutch games. They'll never win in europe with that. far to unbalanced.

ALtho isnt that exactly what conte called his "4-2-4 formation" ? cause in essence when we got the ball, the wingers are wide forwards

- - - Updated - - -

Vidal - Pogba/Marchisio
Tevez - Llorente

- - - Updated - - -

replace tevez with lampard in his prime, and it would tick ;)

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
4-2-3-1 without pirlo:

Buffon
Litchsteiner Barzagli Chiellini Criscito
Vidal Pogba
Sanchez Tevez/Marchisio Vucinic
Llorente​

4-3-3 with pirlo:
Buffon
Litchsteiner Barzagli Chiellini Criscito
Vidal Pirlo Pogba/marchisio
Sanchez Tevez Vucinic

(or Griezmann at LW if we get him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)