Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2014-15) (61 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
Slight links to Depay. Some crappy english papers wrote down that we overtook competitors in the race for Depay signature. Frankly, I don't see this happening, even though I think that Dutchman would be a good addition to our squad. Anyway, it seems that we abandoned the idea to purchase defender and now we are concentrated on sealing some offensive benchwarmer. Hope it will turn up to be top-notch benchwarmer, able to strenghten whole team and raise competitiveness among first team players.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
This comment is just gold. Same goes for saying Skrtel has more brain than Ogbonna. It would be funny see see your hate on the guy if he actually came here.

Pereyra, Coman and Marchisio are all good players but two of them are central midfielders and one is an 18 years old player with only two first team games under his belt.

Anyways the hate on Ogbonna is premature and started to gain momentum after his terrible showing against Austria AllStars which is so Tuz-like.

The last games of last season we played with Caceres and Ogbonna in defense and still managed to keep clean sheet most of the time.

CBs are definitely not our biggest problem and even if they were non of Manolas/Nastasic/Luisao would guarantee improvement. Another issue is if Allegri is capable of properly setting up a defence utilizing the potential we already have.
serie a, barely troubeling our backline, not that hard to keep a clean sheet.

CB are offcourse the biggest issue with the crap we got on the bench.

Pereyra is versatile, and not just a "central midfielder". Coman on the other hand, well you cant bitch and moan for months that we arent fielding youth, and when we got an awesome talent in coman, decide like "lets get a simular player so he cant get chances".

I have full trust in Allegri, and we got 2 good starters, but god be with us when one of them grabs an injury, and the shit has to start in the center.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I have never understood the Ogbonna hate, it is incredibly irrational. He didn't buy himself at Juventus. He'll come good soon enough. Look below.
Ogbonna is a physical defender who did decent at a mid table team, that had not much tactical guidelines

At juventus we found out he is dumb as shit and has the mental capacity of a 3 year old. He has no place here

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Ogbonna is a physical defender who did decent at a mid table team, that had not much tactical guidelines

At juventus we found out he is dumb as shit and has the mental capacity of a 3 year old. He has no place here
We haven't seen enough of him by far to judge him in the extent you are doing here. Yes, we overpaid last summer and he has been quite underwhelming so far, but not by any means as desastrous as you and others make it seem. He's still a good enough back-up and while it's no certainty, he could very much still develop into a rather good defender.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Players who are dumb as fuck dont just grow a brain

But sadly no one here cares about defence untill it costs us points

and when it does, they'll call for the 5x more expensive SS

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
But Zach has a point when he says about his mental inability to achieve serious targets. Ogbonna still doesnt have right mentality to play for us, he has potential, of course, as he is talented and technically gifted to some extent central defender. But this is not enough, you need to be rock solid, mentally indestructible player if you want to be lined-up week in week out in one of the best clubs in Europe. Ogbonna has a mentality of mediocre youngster, who plays for overachieving middle-table club from province, and is exhilarated because of the place in standings.

I still believe in him, but he must realise where he is and that he is not a teenager anymore.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Players who are dumb as fuck dont just grow a brain
Yeah but Ogbonna isn't "dumb as fuck". He lacks positioning and has lapses in concentration, but he's not brainless. Stop overreacting.

And while you partly rightfully bemoan our quality when it comes to the CBs on our bench, Nastasic or Manolas won't solve that problem. They're in no way better than Ogbonna now.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah but Ogbonna isn't "dumb as fuck". He lacks positioning and has lapses in concentration, but he's not brainless. Stop overreacting.

And while you partly rightfully bemoan our quality when it comes to the CBs on our bench, Nastasic or Manolas won't solve that problem. They're in no way better than Ogbonna now.
Nastasic is better then Ogbonna. His pure defensive skills are at least on par. He lacks in physique, but he has a good brain.
Nastasic can be used in a very specific tactical system, he'd understand and execute it.

Ogbonna would ask if tactical system is something you eat

Scuba51

Aug 9, 2007
For the Jovetic links; Man City only have 4 1st team strikers that I can see. Negredo is out until end of September and Aguero's legs are made of glass. Unless they sign another striker I can't see them letting go of Jovetic.

I can't say I keep up with City's transfer rumours, but I haven't seen them linked to anything. Until they have a replacement lined up it would be very strange to let Jovetic go.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
For the Jovetic links; Man City only have 4 1st team strikers that I can see. Negredo is out until end of September and Aguero's legs are made of glass. Unless they sign another striker I can't see them letting go of Jovetic.

I can't say I keep up with City's transfer rumours, but I haven't seen them linked to anything. Until they have a replacement lined up it would be very strange to let Jovetic go.
Read today that they want Falcao.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
So what's new guys?

Any links to quality/talented players? Or is our mercato pretty much done?

I haven't been keeping up these last few weeks.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Nastasic is better then Ogbonna. His pure defensive skills are at least on par. He lacks in physique, but he has a good brain.
Nastasic can be used in a very specific tactical system, he'd understand and execute it.

Ogbonna would ask if tactical system is something you eat
Ogbonna understands tactical systems as well, you seriously blow things out of proportions here, he just can't execute them as well as a good defender should. Stop acting as if he were a 5 year old child.

Nastasic is really good for his age and could potentially develop into a very good, even worldclass defender, but as it stands now I would trust Ogbonna more than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)