Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2014-15) (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
@Cronios

Manolas. Can you tell us anything about him?
He is a nephew of one of the greatest Greek defenders ever.
His uncle played most of his proffesional carrier in A.E.K. and this were he has started too.
Very early on, it became obvious that he is a very talented player, certainly the best of his generation, unlike his uncle, he is very smart too, he has great tactical awareness and core defender skills.
Since AEK was relegated to Serie C, after they went bankrupt, he went to the nemesis Olympiakos and for that he will be considered a heartless mercenary by many.
He had no issue to become a starter and quite a star of the team there too, with great performances in CL, (last year ofr ex he scored twice) he attracted interest from European teams right away.
Every summer there are rumors that big clubs will get him and this time, Juventus is mentioned.
But after the goal vs PSG that helped Olympiakos go throught, he has extended his contract and i believe he will be very expensive now.
He is only a NT starter and he will remain for sure, for the next decade or so...

Havind said all that, i am not really impressed, from the Greek championship, i only wanted two players for Juve,
Seitaridis from the Greeks and Yaya Toure from the foreigners.
Manolas is at the age of 24, he is proven at this level, but i am not sure if he could cope in Juve's level.
Watching the far inferior IMO, Papastathopoulos coping with ease in serie A though and seeing Italy suffering greatly from decent defensive options,
i would consider him, becuase of his proffesionalism. Unlike most of the Greek players, he is very disciplined and given such an opprtunity he may blossom...

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
He is a nephew of one of the greatest Greek defenders ever.
His uncle played most of his proffesional carrier in A.E.K. and this were he has started too.
Very early on, it became obvious that he is a very talented player, certainly the best of his generation, unlike his uncle, he is very smart too, he has great tactical awareness and core defender skills.
Since AEK was relegated to Serie C, after they went bankrupt, he went to the nemesis Olympiakos and for that he will be considered a heartless mercenary by many.
He had no issue to become a starter and quite a star of the team there too, with great performances in CL, (last year ofr ex he scored twice) he attracted interest from European teams right away.
Every summer there are rumors that big clubs will get him and this time, Juventus is mentioned.
But after the goal vs PSG that helped Olympiakos go throught, he has extended his contract and i believe he will be very expensive now.
He is only a NT starter and he will remain for sure, for the next decade or so...

Havind said all that, i am not really impressed, from the Greek championship, i only wanted two players for Juve,
Seitaridis from the Greeks and Yaya Toure from the foreigners.
Manolas is at the age of 24, he is proven at this level, but i am not sure if he could cope in Juve's level.
Watching the far inferior IMO, Papastathopoulos coping with ease in serie A though and seeing Italy suffering greatly from decent defensive options,
i would consider him, becuase of his proffesionalism. Unlike most of the Greek players, he is very disciplined and given such an opprtunity he may blossom...
What Yahya is an alien or something?!?! Isn't the greek a foreigner too?

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Guys just don't take too seriously chilean,italian and english media. They're known for being just a bunch of journo sellers. Investing stuff over stuff. In Chile as soon as they sniffed one of their own linked to some world wide important team they're gone crazy for the ammount of papers they could sell for this saga.
Like when he said it was an honour being linked to Real and we passed the summer Vidal going to Real and so on.

Honestly what i believe is that if the 60m € offert is real Vidal is good as gone. Sadly. That is only if they decide to reject any offer due to fans rioting.
If the offers is low Vidal will stay. I don't think Manchester is the main team he would join no matter what. If i were Marotta i'd tell him: "Hey Arturo stick with us for one more year and next year you're going to Real ok?" I bet he'd say yes. Leaving MU in the dust

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:lol: :howler: Marchisio as a TQ is basically setting us up for failure. He doesn't possess the qualities or skills to be deployed in such a position.
I know you know little about the link between certain roles and the neccecary player qualities.

But Marchisio is the best trequartista we can have, since he has the neccecary technical skills, and is the only one we have that knows how to avoid obstructing the space of the players around him.

Its easy putting 2 domminant players in the same space. But they'll run in each others way if they dont know how to co-exist. Marchisio knows that very well.

Is he an ideal trequartista ? Not really since he has average vision, playmaking and trough passing. But he's the best we have, since only him there will allow the other players around him to perform to their best in this system.

Sure, i'd love to get Pastore, Isco, etc instead, as they got the same and better technical abilities, with added values where he is average (even tho lacking Marchisio's defensive talents but thats not needed as a trequartista), but if we cant get them, this will do for this season

'll repeat for B81 this will do for this season.

We can bitch and moan about a better one when we got some more cash to spend

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The issue is that our best 2 cb's are 33 and 30. Then there is Bonucci, and some average stuff.
Caceres can be seen as a stand in for rightback and centreback, but Ogbonna isnt good enough, but we can see him as stand in leftback.

Truth is juventus has no upcomming CB talent and there is a big gap behind the two we got, who are getting old.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Rugani is youngster and we dont know how he might pan out. For now we need proven CB, someone to adequately replace Barza or Chiello, as both are getting old and Chiellini doesnt offer guarantees like he used to.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
The issue is that our best 2 cb's are 33 and 30. Then there is Bonucci, and some average stuff.
Caceres can be seen as a stand in for rightback and centreback, but Ogbonna isnt good enough, but we can see him as stand in leftback.

Truth is juventus has no upcomming CB talent and there is a big gap behind the two we got, who are getting old.
That's not justifying the endless chasing of CB's. We've got enough players in numbers and can't afford better ones. On the other hand the only player that carries our attack is Tevez. It's not enough for a whole season and not definitely for Juventus. We need more players like Tevez. It can be am/winger/ss but we DO NEED someone else. Giovinco is never up to the task, we can't put the pressure on Coman it's obvious. Pereyra is not that kind of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)