Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2014-15) (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
I guess Buffon, Chiellini and co should have left when we got an unknown player in Vidal and a promising kid like Pogba who got like 2 seniors starts for his previous club.

Please join a RM or even better PSG forum.
Why do you look at me like I'm a glory hunter? And vidal unknown player? LOL. Also, Ibarbo is 24, and Iturbe and Morata will never be world class. I agree on Coman and Rabiot signing though. They make sense.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The last thing I want is for this club to be like Milan of 2 years ago.

An old squad, so old that in order for them to tread water they needed to sell their two biggest assets, blow everything up, and start a bunch of younger players right away.

Stuff like this needs to be gradual, and sometimes a little moreso than that. These moves are a step in that direction. Have your seasoned veterans there while they still have something to give, and introduce younger players in to the rotation so that when they are ready to take over, the shock isn't nearly as traumatic.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you look at me like I'm a glory hunter? And vidal unknown player? LOL. Also, Ibarbo is 24, and Iturbe and Morata will never be world class. I agree on Coman and Rabiot signing though. They make sense.
How do you know Iturbe is never going to be world class? He's 21.

Was Sanchez "World Class" when he was 21? No, he wasn't. He was a promising young player.

Jan 5, 2007
first of all hello every one it has been a while for me to come here

as for the mercato, imo if we manage to get coman, rabiot and Iturbe without losing any of our players i call it a superb mercato, this three will add young blood and talent to the team and something to look for in the future.
i prefer to move slowly and steady than rush it fast

- - - Updated - - -

first of all hello every one it has been a while for me to come here

as for the mercato, imo if we manage to get coman, rabiot and Iturbe without losing any of our players i call it a superb mercato, this three will add young blood and talent to the team and something to look for in the future.
i prefer to move slowly and steady than rush it fast

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010

An old squad, so old that in order for them to tread water they needed to sell their two biggest assets, blow everything up, and start a bunch of younger players right away.

Stuff like this needs to be gradual, and sometimes a little moreso than that. These moves are a step in that direction. Have your seasoned veterans there while they still have something to give, and introduce younger players in to the rotation so that when they are ready to take over, the shock isn't nearly as traumatic.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you know Iturbe is never going to be world class? He's 21.

Was Sanchez "World Class" when he was 21? No, he wasn't. He was a promising young player.
Ok but would you rather spend 20m on Iturbe or let's say 30m for Sanchez?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It's time to.

This team needs more athleticism, and fresh legs.

And at this point, I don't care if it's homegrown, signed from other clubs, or poached a la Pogba and Coman.

This team absolutely needs to get younger.
It is obvious that now or in the near future we cannot compete financially for the best young talents, it is time we do things the Juventus way and get good young players who are eager to win and turn them into champions. Hopefully we can start doing that this mercato.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I agree about Ibarbo.

You don't know that about Iturbe or Morata, they are very promising and there must be a reason Conte insists for the later.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Ok but would you rather spend 20m on Iturbe or let's say 30m for Sanchez?
20 million for Iturbe.

Put it this way. DOes signing an Alexis Sanchez suddenly put you in the top tier of teams in Europe? Sad to say, but no it doesn't. And that is without even factoring in the salary that will come with it.

If Juve are going to spend 20 million on a player, it is going to be for someone that is young and promising that can

A) Help them now
B) Be a cornerstone for the club for the next 7 years.

And is there really that much difference in Sanchez at the age of 21 and Iturbe at the age of 21? Not really, to be honest with you, and let's not forget that in the case of Iturbe, Juve have the advantage of including a player or players into the deal.

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
20 million for Iturbe.

Put it this way. DOes signing an Alexis Sanchez suddenly put you in the top tier of teams in Europe? Sad to say, but no it doesn't. And that is without even factoring in the salary that will come with it.

If Juve are going to spend 20 million on a player, it is going to be for someone that is young and promising that can

A) Help them now
B) Be a cornerstone for the club for the next 7 years.

And is there really that much difference in Sanchez at the age of 21 and Iturbe at the age of 21? Not really, to be honest with you, and let's not forget that in the case of Iturbe, Juve have the advantage of including a player or players into the deal.
Alexis + a LB like Rodriguez and we're in the top 5 teams in the world

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Exactly.
And you're wrong(mostly/hopefully) about the loan part JJ.
We're signing these youngsters cos we're basically guaranteeing them some decent first team action for their age,otherwise this Coman or Rabiot wouldnt be signing for us.
And imo these are pretty high level talents so you kinda can expect reasonable success rate.
I can see them all getting a 'chance' in the first season, then restless feet, if Conte's lack of rotation is anything to go by. Which equals loans.

Hopefully I'm wrong here.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

Exactly. :agree:

By 2016, we would be without Pirlo, Buffon, Barzagli, Lichtsteiner, Tevez, and a 31yo old Chiellini and Llorente.

Good luck replacing them all at once, basically a Milan situation all over like you said.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I can see them all getting a 'chance' in the first season, then restless feet, if Conte's lack of rotation is anything to go by. Which equals loans.

Hopefully I'm wrong here.
I think they are going to get more than a chance, Jay.

They have to. This squad has too many players at or over the age of 30 who are playing a lot of minutes to begin with.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think they are going to get more than a chance, Jay.

They have to. This squad has too many players at or over the age of 30 who are playing a lot of minutes to begin with.
If we consider Rabiot and Balanta (speaking theoretically), it is going to be extremely difficult to see them playing. We already have Asamoah out wide and Marchisio in rotation because of our CM, and we have a €13m defender who only plays easier rotation games already.

Iturbe has to be a game changer, but Coman is the player otherwise most likely to have a shot, simply because of our lack of options in his role. It would be something to see an 18 year old kid given responsibility on the wing at Juve.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Count in wages if you want to be fair (Iturbe 1.5m, Sanchez 4m). Also last I heard Barca wants 40m for Alexis. He won't be sold for that but 30m will be too little IMO. Barca knows EPL teams can afford that.
:agree:

As much as I like Sanchez, at this point I can't see him coming, especially after the WC he had.

Barca will probably get 35-40mln for him. And considering the wages too, for a 4 year deal that's a 30mln difference.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:agree:

As much as I like Sanchez, at this point I can't see him coming, especially after the WC he had.

Barca will probably get 35-40mln for him. And considering the wages too, for a 4 year deal that's a 30mln difference.
:tup: this is exactly why Sanchez is impossible for us.

Signings like Rabiot and Coman, are what i like to see juve do. Iturbe is expensive, but would round it up nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)