Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2014-15) (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Which league except PL has now better players than the past years?

I mean, years now there aren't the stars of the past decades.
La Liga has the best players (mostly concentrated in Barca and Real), but the EPL has a better spread. I quite like the Bundesliga. However, no league has better players than in past years. The quality has gone down drastically, yet the physicality and athleticism has picked up. Football is a lot more about pace, athleticism, and running than actual beauty and aesthetics.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Which league except PL has now better players than the past years?

I mean, years now there aren't the stars of the past decades.
Comparing to mid 2000's, premier league is in serious decline aswel

Apart from the selection of bayern(in decay) and barcelona(severely in decay), every single team today is much weaker then 10-15 years ago

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
Comparing to mid 2000's, premier league is in serious decline aswel

Apart from the selection of bayern(in decay) and barcelona(severely in decay), every single team today is much weaker then 10-15 years ago
that's my point! we can't blame our Serie A for this. But, that mindset in Italy must change and product their own players. Except this, i can't see other league having better teams than the past years, i'm not talking about Barca, Real and all that 3,4 other marketing teams.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
that's my point! we can't blame our Serie A for this. But, that mindset in Italy must change and product their own players. Except this, i can't see other league having better teams than the past years, i'm not talking about Barca, Real and all that 3,4 other marketing teams.
What? Whether or nor players are weaker than 10 years ago (which is a stupid claim, since you can't compare) has little to do with the fact that Serie A is the weakest the league have been in more than 30 years.

When's the last time Italian teams have been such poor performers in Europe over a 3-5 year period? My guess is sometime in the early 80s.

1984 actually: http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method1/crank1984.html

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
What? Whether or nor players are weaker than 10 years ago (which is a stupid claim, since you can't compare) has little to do with the fact that Serie A is the weakest the league have been in more than 30 years.

When's the last time Italian teams have been such poor performers in Europe over a 3-5 year period? My guess is sometime in the early 80s.
When there aren't enough money, the only thing you can do to improve your league is to support academies and product your own players without selling them or selling them to Italian teams. Simply. Decades before, there was mans like Berlusconi, Moratti etc. who hadn't problem to spend 30m on players. Also, Italy has a crisis.

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
Juventus want Lavezzi on loan and are considering taking Gabbiadini back.
- GdS
And I bet that we gonna end up with Gabbiadini, and it won't be such a bad solution. He is young, talented and we need someone left-footed player on the wing. So if we fail to purchase some bigger name (and we will) I believe he will be our last resort.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
When there aren't enough money, the only thing you can do to improve your league is to support academies and product your own players without selling them or selling them to Italian teams. Simply. Decades before, there was mans like Berlusconi, Moratti etc. who hadn't problem to spend 30m on players. Also, Italy has a crisis.
I'm very well aware of the economy among the Italian clubs, which then again point towards a league that has been run bad for more than 20 years. Not being able to see the change that happened in the 90s with increased television and media coverage and the growing economies of in the second and third world, caused the Italian league to not take advantage of being the strongest league in the World in the 90s. Both the Bundesliga and especially The Premier League noticed the change and actively strove towards increasing their revenue this way. Improving stadiums, owning stadiums and so on. The Bundesliga enjoys the benefit of an incredibly strong home market where as Premier enjoys the exposure it gets globally.

There's nothing but bad management that's keeping the Italian league from improving in the structural department. Economy will get better at a point. The Clubs should do their utmost to be able to take advantage of an increased growth in the Italian economy by modernizing.

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
The Clubs should do their utmost to be able to take advantage of an increased growth in the Italian economy by modernizing.
The problem is that economy of a lot of euro-zone countries is shrinking, and this tendency will be very hard to reverse. It was one of the reasons (among the others, like financial penalty for example) why Berlusconi decided to stop financing Milan as much as he had been doing it for years. Agnelli said couple of months ago that Torino isn't a London, where you can charge people double for entry tickets and grab really round sum from matchday. This is the case, I believe. Serie A was the best when Italian economy was prospering brilliantly. We can try our best, but we won't leap over too high fence, as we are not run by some rich oil-company from Saudi Arabia.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Was one necessary beyond Sal's post?
I had hoped you were capable of a deeper intellectual understanding of how economy works and therefore why International football has developed in the way it has.

That fact that Italian clubs are at their lowest in 30 years isn't just a simple matter of cycles or "money shifts" as some would say - come one how ignorant can you be? There's a profound lack of professionalism and business sense combined with a reactionary attitude towards the evolution of "football" in Italian football.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I had hoped you were capable of a deeper intellectual understanding of how economy works and therefore why International football has developed in the way it has.

That fact that Italian clubs are at their lowest in 30 years isn't just a simple matter of cycles or "money shifts" as some would say - come one how ignorant can you be? There's a profound lack of professionalism and business sense combined with a reactionary attitude towards the evolution of "football" in Italian football.
:sergio:

That escalated quickly.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
The problem is that economy of a lot of euro-zone countries is shrinking, and this tendency will be very hard to reverse. It was one of the reasons (among the others, like financial penalty for example) why Berlusconi decided to stop financing Milan as much as he had been doing it for years. Agnelli said couple of months ago that Torino isn't a London, where you can charge people double for entry tickets and grab really round sum from matchday. This is the case, I believe. Serie A was the best when Italian economy was prospering brilliantly. We can try our best, but we won't leap over too high fence, as we are not run by some rich oil-company from Saudi Arabia.
Isn't that exactly my point again? Besides the economy of the EU countries are getting better. Slowly, but better. With the general improvement of the World Economy, you will see it affect an industrial country like Italy, especially if Renzi implements the much needed reforms.

The Italian clubs didn't take advantage of the 90s. Instead they overspend, went bankrupt and neglected developing and modernizing the League.

Now the Italian league is paying the price with little marketability and therefore relies on a bad home market with little demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)