Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2013-14) (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
we've been doing that for the last 2 seasons started off with Aguero, finished up with Vucinic, last season it was Cavani, finished up with niklas fucking bendtner, now if zlatan is affordable then do it
I don't think we've ever done that, not really.
Not talking about Marotta seeing things with his one good eye in the last minute, but carefully crafting a plan for once. Aguero - Vucinic was a prime example of how it shouldn't be done... We should have had enough information prior to the transfer season and not bother wasting our time with Aguero in this case.
Cavani-Bendtner is another ripe example of a blurry vision. It's like going to the car dealership reading all the pamphlets for F458 Italia, including a diligent 35 page material of Twin Clutch vs Single Clutch transmissions ... and then coming back with a rented Dacia Logan ...

Of course the ability to make this judgment RELIES HEAVILY on our GM's skills in moving players on our payroll out at a decent fee. Which is what I really doubt they can.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Cavani - Bendtner looks awful at hindsight but when looking a bit further all of it changes. Why waste a transfer fee on anyone while he clearly wouldn't be the striker we would've wanted ? Why waste another 15-20 million on another Matri just to try and save face while that wouldn't have helped us one bit... Our management clearly learned from their earlier mistakes and spent the money on some valueable assets for the years to come, while keeping a striker spot open for next season (filled in by Llorente) AND having an injury insurrance (auwch Inter).

Apr 16, 2013
Bud, it is absolutely pathetic that you just called Juventus beggars. Pull your head out of your ass, we may not be able to compete with the top 5 (+) financially at the moment, but the rebuild is in full effect. We are NOT beggars, ffs, we're CL quarter finalists who are closing in on consecutive scudetti (one undefeated, and potentially one with the distinction of having beat EVERY club in the league during the course of the title).

I don't want Ibra because of the objectionable behaviour that I've seen from him over many years; shooting off his mouth, kicking teammates in practice, etc., etc. I think the guy is a mercenary asshole, with next to zero sporting loyalties, and I don't want him on my team. While he's very clearly one of the best players in the world, sorry, I hope he never pulls our jersey over his head again.

As for Tevez, while I wasn't involved in whatever conversations you're referencing here, a couple of years ago I would have been leery about signing him for big money - considering he seemed to be on a mission to force his way out of Man City, and return home for his footy. I can understand why some wouldn't have been exactly thrilled about us laying out that type of cash for a player with those types of questions surrounding them.

Considering you posted pretty much directly under me, and called me a fool - Go $#@! yourself, Nick. :p

I'm not going to start calling you names, bringing up Zarate's or ladyboys, or any of that... just a simple fak-off.

I don't want Ibra here because he's a Class-A Douchebag. Also, ideally I'd like our next big signing in attack to be a player that this club can grow with.

:lol:

Wait, you're kidding, right?
Like a boss :lol:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Bud, it is absolutely pathetic that you just called Juventus beggars. Pull your head out of your ass, we may not be able to compete with the top 5 (+) financially at the moment, but the rebuild is in full effect. We are NOT beggars, ffs, we're CL quarter finalists who are closing in on consecutive scudetti (one undefeated, and potentially one with the distinction of having beat EVERY club in the league during the course of the title).

I don't want Ibra because of the objectionable behaviour that I've seen from him over many years; shooting off his mouth, kicking teammates in practice, etc., etc. I think the guy is a mercenary asshole, with next to zero sporting loyalties, and I don't want him on my team. While he's very clearly one of the best players in the world, sorry, I hope he never pulls our jersey over his head again.

As for Tevez, while I wasn't involved in whatever conversations you're referencing here, a couple of years ago I would have been leery about signing him for big money - considering he seemed to be on a mission to force his way out of Man City, and return home for his footy. I can understand why some wouldn't have been exactly thrilled about us laying out that type of cash for a player with those types of questions surrounding them.

Considering you posted pretty much directly under me, and called me a fool - Go fuck yourself, Nick. :p

I'm not going to start calling you names, bringing up Zarate's or ladyboys, or any of that... just a simple fak-off.

I don't want Ibra here because he's a Class-A Douchebag. Also, ideally I'd like our next big signing in attack to be a player that this club can grow with.

:lol:

Wait, you're kidding, right?
its a figure of speech :sergio: and i wasn't referring to Juve i was referring to those who bitch about the lack of quality we have upfront, yet when an opportunity or even any news of us being linked with a top player like Tevez and Ibra, they become dismissive of the idea.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Zingaro is a 32 years old attacker on high wages, certified choker in the CL. he won't give us anyting we don't have already, we are winning the Scudetto with or without him.
I'd rather we build this team around someone younger.
Also the way he treated Juve and Deschamps before leaving. Forcing his way out in a really sleazy way.
And how many good seasons are left in him? Not worth it IMO.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Also the way he treated Juve and Deschamps before leaving. Forcing his way out in a really sleazy way.
And how many good seasons are left in him? Not worth it IMO.
yeah lets just get osvaldo, keep matri and quagliarella and have the shittiest front line in europe. we dont need cl chokers like ibra, sanchez, etc

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
yeah lets just get osvaldo, keep matri and quagliarella and have the shittiest front line in europe. we dont need cl chokers like ibra, sanchez, etc
No, I'm for selling those mentioned and investing the money in a long term replacement. Sanchez is not a bad idea. Certainly wouldn't mind him here for a reasonable price off course.

robbotis

Jun 22, 2012
No, I'm for selling those mentioned and investing the money in a long term replacement. Sanchez is not a bad idea. Certainly wouldn't mind him here for a reasonable price off course.
I'd add Giovinco too.
Sell:

Giovinco
Matri
Quagliarella

Replaced by:
Any great ST (Suarez, Higuan, Villa)
Juve would be fine w/ using Boayke and Beltrame or Padovan as the 4th and 5th options...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
yes but ibrahimovic would turn us into cl contenders the moment he comes. he still has 2-3 world-class level seasons to offer + 2 more over-average seasons (2 better seasons than any of our curent strikers ever had) and thats why he should be our top priority. of course, for a reasonable price (about 20M) and lower wages (about 5-6M). if we can get him under this conditions even cl final next year is more than real

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'd add Giovinco too.
Sell:

Giovinco
Matri
Quagliarella

Replaced by:
Juve would be fine w/ using Boayke and Beltrame or Padovan as the 4th and 5th options...
It would be maybe too much in one season though I can't see Gio having a great career here.
Padovan and Beltrame are definitely the ones to keep an eye on.

yes but ibrahimovic would turn us into cl contenders the moment he comes. he still has 2-3 world-class level seasons to offer + 2 more over-average seasons (2 better seasons than any of our curent strikers ever had) and thats why he should be our top priority. of course, for a reasonable price (about 20M) and lower wages (about 5-6M). if we can get him under this conditions even cl final next year is more than real
Like he did with other teams he played for. Inter won CL after they sold him. Barca also.
CL final is not real in the next 3-4 years.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I'd add Giovinco too.
Sell:

Giovinco
Matri
Quagliarella

Replaced by:
i wouldnt sell giovinco. he deserves a second chance. too many expactations this year (the next del piero) has hurt his game too much. when a new top striker comes this summer he is gonna take the presure of giovincos back and he will be much better than he is this season. hes very useful in 4-5-1(giovinco)-1 and in 4-3-3 on the left side. we are going to switch the formation more next season so he needs to stay

- - - Updated - - -

It would be maybe too much in one season though I can't see Gio having a great career here.
Padovan and Beltrame are definitely the ones to keep an eye on.

Like he did with other teams he played for. Inter won CL after they sold him. Barca also.
CL final is not real in the next 3-4 years.
"the team that ibrahimovic leaves wins the cl" is not a relevant factor. that happened only 2 times. like every great player, ibrahimovic needs a team that suits his playing style, and i think he fits perfectly into this team. so if i had to choose between ibra for 20M or jovetic for 30M or suarez for 40-50M i would definetly choose ibra

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
"the team that ibrahimovic leaves wins the cl" is not a relevant factor. that happened only 2 times. like every great player, ibrahimovic needs a team that suits his playing style, and i think he fits perfectly into this team. so if i had to choose between ibra for 20M or jovetic for 30M or suarez for 40-50M i would definetly choose ibra
The relevant factor is that Ibra always failed to provide in CL when needed. Why would that change?
A player that kicks his teammates in training, is selfish, arrogant, short tempered and he fits here perfectly?:facepalm2:
Our playing style is a team play not pass the ball to one player and wait for him to do something.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The relevant factor is that Ibra always failed to provide in CL when needed. Why would that change?
A player that kicks his teammates in training, is selfish, arrogant, short tempered and he fits here perfectly?:facepalm2:
Our playing style is a team play not pass the ball to one player and wait for him to do something.
ibra is a much better team player now then he was. he tops the cl in assists thats how selfish he is. hes arrogant so what? every top team in europe has arrogant players (messi, villa, ronaldo, ribery, robben) but that doesent mean they harm the team spirit. i bet that he can score 30 goals in serie a if he joins us by not affecting other players performances. even nocerino and boateng looked like world class players with the space ibra left them having always 2-3 players covering him alone. he would improve our team by atleast 50%. atleast. he would even make vucinic and giovinco look like world class players if he comes

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
ibra is a much better team player now then he was. he tops the cl in assists thats how selfish he is. hes arrogant so what? every top team in europe has arrogant players (messi, villa, ronaldo, ribery, robben) but that doesent mean they harm the team spirit. i bet that he can score 30 goals in serie a if he joins us by not affecting other players performances. even nocerino and boateng looked like world class players with the space ibra left them having always 2-3 players covering him alone. he would improve our team by atleast 50%. atleast. he would even make vucinic and giovinco look like world class players if he comes
He's 32 and I can't see that he improved that much lately. He's still the same CL choker. How many good years are there for him before he becomes a burden? How much would he cost? Wages? Will there be better options this summer? These are all the questions I would ask before even thinking of bringing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)