Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2013-14) (56 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Depends on Marrotta's definition of a top player as well as that of the fans. Maybe Jojo or Sanchez are not considered 'top players' economically speaking. I'm pretty sure we'll have 25m to spend on a forward at the very least. If we don't, then there is something seriously wrong with our mercato approach.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 20, 2012
Juve require time and money
By Football Italia staff

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta has underlined that it will take time and money to triumph in the Champions League.

The Old Lady were knocked out of the competition at the quarter-final stage in midweek after a heavy 4-0 aggregate loss to Bayern Munich.

“The theory that Juventus fans will, for at least three or four years, have to just be content with winning in Italy is right,” the club official told Tuttosport.

“Let us not forget that we are at the beginning of a new cycle,” he added. “If you look at our squad from three years ago, there are just four of the old guard remaining – Gigi Buffon, Giorgio Chiellini, Paolo De Ceglie and Claudio Marchisio.

“Time is required for Juventus to return to its former glory.”

Marotta also underlined how important the economic aspect is when it comes to winning on the field of play.

“A lot has changed in terms of finances over the last 10 years,” he continued. “Italian clubs were once leaders in revenue, but now our game is much weaker.

“We’ve just finished our Champions League adventure and we’ve understood that we will need time and money to cut the gap between ourselves and the big European teams.

“But time is synonymous with work and self-sacrifice, exactly what boss Antonio Conte is doing.”

http://www.football-italia.net/32978/juve-require-time-and-money

I dont know what to make of this

Sorry I think this was posted already

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Depends on Marrotta's definition of a top player as well as that of the fans. Maybe Jojo or Sanchez are not considered 'top players' economically speaking. I'm pretty sure we'll have 25m to spend on a forward at the very least. If we don't, then there is something seriously wrong with our mercato approach.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Exactly.
Jojo and Sanchez are definitely possible.it can't be true that we can't spend 50mil in a summer.
We're in a better financial situation,and got some CL money this year as well.

Me too, can believe that someone actually thinks we can get Suarez and above all with Marotta and his mercato style.:sergio:
I repeat,there were 2 other names mentioned.
Jojo and Sanchez.there was an OR between them.
And maybe Suarez not possible but Jojo and Sanchez for sure possible.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
We need to go back to a 4-3-3 and get Isco on the wing for us he can score goals and also create for Llorente, A new left back is needed as i think Asamoah is better in central midfield, Sell Matri Quag and Gio please they are not Juve material, unless we are happy to reach last 16 every year.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Marotta would rather buy 4 players at 10m each than splash out for one quality player at 40m. That is just the way he works.
Maybe we can do that this summer.

Firstly you need to look at the areas that need strengthening. If it's just a striker then I'll agree with spending it all on one.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
it's not just Marotta's way
if we buy a 30m player you have to pay his high wages and the taxes that go hand in hand with such amounts
if you buy a 10m player- lower wages and lower taxes to be paid
plus the risk involved with any transfer is spread over several players
I do agree we need a top striker but I understand why Marotta is reluctant to pay 30million on one player

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
if we buy a 30m player you have to pay his high wages and the taxes that go hand in hand with such amounts
I do agree we need a top striker but I understand why Marotta is reluctant to pay 30million on one player
Well yeah, but those things aren't really taken into account for fan purposes, even if they are relevant for the club.

Besides, I don't think the big transfer fee is really the issue for us. We seem (if you read into what Marotta/agents/other personnel said) to have offered €30m+ for both Jovetic and Aguero under Marotta, with the premise that they could be attracted by wages in our structure (coming from smaller clubs).

It's when you start going into the wages that PL and Barcelona/Real Madrid players are on that we just move away from negotiations. That really shouldn't be underestimated. For example Van Persie's fee was £25m but his total contract before tax is another £45m. That's just ridiculous as far as we are concerned.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
While we all understand his reasons, there's only one way to even have a shot at a CL title and that's spending around that much money for a top Striker.

Lewandowski 31 goals, 15 assists = 24m £
Luis Suarez 30 goals, 14 assists = 31m £
Cavani 32 goals, 6 assists = 39m £
Ibrahimovic 37 goals, 18 assists = 31£ m
Benzema 16 goals, 17 assists = 35m £
Higuain 15 goals, 10 assists = 33m £

*taken from transfermarkt

Sometimes you might luck out and get someone like Pogba for next to nothing (Or Llorente in case he really shines). But most of the time, Just like anything else in life you get what you pay for. If we want to settle for Italy, then yes, go for Diamanti, Jovetic or someone at their level. If we want Europe, it's either open the bank or nothing.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
So close to 50. Or did you not count the 2 Scudetti like FIGC?
Scared forever.

I picked those numbers because Calciopoli will always be brought up with Juventus regardless of whether we clear our names or not. If we don't step up in Europe we'll be seen as Celtic/Porto type of shit but that cheats. I don't know when but...I want to see us being the big dogs again. Seeing people say it's ok, we've been in 7th place a couple years ago makes me say the fuck! We were pissing on Europe, we used to make the likes of United, Barca, Madrid that some of us worship, shit their pants!! And now we are ok with this :sergio:

Regardless...our opinions and views won't affect on how the club is runned, but hopefully shit will change soon. After this year I doubt, winning the league will not be as meaningful, unless we are serious competitors in the CL and that of course can't be done with mid-table Italian players all over the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)