Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2013-14) (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Man City are a legit team now who would be contending for trophies every year.They dont need to pay heavy paycheques anymore to convince players to join them since they are big enough to attract every possible player in the world.Ofcourse i am not saying he wont be paid well or anything but Jo-Jo's decision to move there would be completely understandable.

On the other hand he'd be wrecking his career in moving to a stagnating club like Arsenal.I mean he's 24 now,not a young talent anymore.So if he's only given a choice out of these 2 teams ,i think he would be better off choosing City and you cant blame him here ,its not like he'd be rejecting a club like Bayern or Manu for City.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ibra: Marotta said he's out of our economic parameters. Next.
Jovetic: Looks to be on his way to Manchester City. Will lose respect for him. Next.
Sanchez: Said he's happy in Barcelona.
Suarez: Most likely another target that's out of our parameters. Next.
Chicharito: Very weak rumours.

Who's left?

Football Italia says Juventus want to offer cash + a player for Diamanti. 5M + Padoin?

Buffon
Storari
Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
Caceres - Marrone - Caceres
Lichtsteiner Vidal Pirlo Marchisio Peluso
Isla Pogba Poli Giaccherini Asamoah
Diamanti Llorente
Vucinic/Gio Matri

Buffon
Storari
Lichtsteiner Barzagli Chiellini Peluso
Caceres Bonucci Marrone PDC/Asamoah
Vidal Pirlo Marchisio
Pogba Poli Giaccherini
Diamanti Llorente Vucinic/Gio
Pepe Matri Vucinic/Gio​

The reason I think Marotta/Conte want Diamanti is because first off, I believe he's a quality player and he's getting better with age it looks like and second off his versatility. He can play as a winger/attacking mid/support striker/etc. Marotta/Conte seem to love those players. And for the price and wages we can probably get him on...it's a no brainer for Marotta.
You are starting to sound like Marotta with those pathetic excuses. There is a skill called negotiating. You just don't give up on a player without trying hard enough. Guys like Sanchez, Jovetic, and Hernandez should not be beyond our capabilities/parameters if we try hard enough.

Muriel + Sanchez and I'll stop bitching about Marotta's incompetence when it comes to improving our attack.

Bottom line is Diamanti is a player we don't need, and he's definitely not replacing Vucinic in the starting lineup :howler: It is even debatable if he is an actual upgrade to what we already have :sigh:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
People keep forgetting Diamanti is another highly inconsistent player like Vucinic.Flashes of brilliance but doesnt always do it on a consistent basis which explains why he's had such a subpar career.Another inconsistent player in attack is like the last thing we need.Seriously this Marotta fanboyism knows no bounds by some here.

- - - Updated - - -

A big no to this deal unless he comes for 5m and under.

May 22, 2007
Ibra: Marotta said he's out of our economic parameters. Next.
Jovetic: Looks to be on his way to Manchester City. Will lose respect for him. Next.
Sanchez: Said he's happy in Barcelona.
Suarez: Most likely another target that's out of our parameters. Next.
Chicharito: Very weak rumours.

Who's left?
Why purchase someone for the sake of it?

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
People keep forgetting Diamanti is another highly inconsistent player like Vucinic.Flashes of brilliance but doesnt always do it on a consistent basis which explains why he's had such a subpar career.Another inconsistent player in attack is like the last thing we need.Seriously this Marotta fanboyism knows no bounds by some here.

- - - Updated - - -

A big no to this deal unless he comes for 5m and under.
Agree with every word.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

Buffon
Storari
Barza-Bonucci-Chiellini
Diakite?-Marrone?-Caceres
Licht-Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio-Kolarov
Isla/Pepe-Asamoah-Pogba-Giacch/Padoin-Peluso
Llorente-Sanchez
Quag/Matri-Vucinic​

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Imma be real honest with you right now....

What I want is for Sanchez to be the top priority. I see him as the best player that we could possibly attain during the summer. So we should go all in for him. As for Diamanti, all I'm saying is that I wouldn't mind him as well. Not instead of, but in addition to Sanchez. As either a straight swap for Quagliarella or for 4-5 millions + some fringe player(s) that we can let go of.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Imma be real honest with you right now....

What I want is for Sanchez to be the top priority. I see him as the best player that we could possibly attain during the summer. So we should go all in for him. As for Diamanti, all I'm saying is that I wouldn't mind him as well. Not instead of, but in addition to Sanchez. As either a straight swap for Quagliarella or for 4-5 millions + some fringe player(s) that we can let go of.
Quag will not go to Bologna; after playing in the CL this season, Bologna would be a huge downgrade for him. Moreover, I'm not sure Diamanti is worth sacrificing Quag + cash for. I see Diamanti being another big fish in a small pond type player. A less talented and skillful version of Miccoli.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Not Quag + cash God damn it! Read my posts. This moment came to me in a dream ....

Either a straight swap for Quag (but I know you'll probably disagree with that as well), or 4-5m + Sørensen/Taider or some crap.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
My bad. However, I see a series of problems with your proposal:

1) I don't think Bologna would accept a straight swap with Quag
2) I doubt they would be willing/able to take his wages on
3) Quag will not move to Bologna, as they don't match his expectations

As for the 2'nd scenario, it is very plausible, but we must, and I stress the must here, acquire the quality SS first, otherwise we risk being over-stacked with average/mediocre strikers, and if we are unable to get rid of anyone, I don't see someone coming in.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I agree that a top class SS should be the main priority, as previously stated. Sanchez would be a fantastic signing. So yeah, get him first, then think about players like Diamanti.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Tbh, I'd also be in favor of targeting more young talents before I make a move for someone like Diamanti. I just don't think he is suited to a big club. Let him go to Inter, Inter waste money on him; they have no CL football next season, and any financial outlay on Diamanti is bound to compromise any other deals or plans to strengthen their squad.

Muriel for 8-9 million + a couple of fringe players > Diamanti for 5-7 million + a couple of fringe players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)