Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2011-12) (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
:D It was an exaggeration but my point was that Rossi is a quality player and whether you like to admit it or not, he makes the difference. That was my point but Hust and the gang jumped on me.
I don't use the term "quality player" loosely, Rossi definitely does not fall under that category for me.

I also don't think he'd be that much of an upgrade over what Juventus have now, and doubt that he'd actually fit into Conte's 3 man attack. He can't play as the lone striker upfront, nor is he that good playing on the right or left of a 3 man attack. His best and probably only position is playing as a second striker. So other than the fact that he isn't that much of an upgrade over what Juventus have, i don't think he fits Conte's tactics either.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I know Andy hates Rossi.

But since I saw how biased X is when it comes to Argie players I'm being more careful now :D Even if they're not argies.

And I never said I wanted Rossi here FFS! I want Gio and Jojo.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
The last game Rossi played, they played Real Madrid and lost, and fell to 17th place. The next game they won and jumped to 13th. The table was too close to say they were in relegation zone IMO. Inter was floating around the bottom of the table and now look at them. Sometimes teams and players take a while to get into their mojo.

Rossi is quality, and is more skillful than Quagliarella and Matri.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
I don't use the term "quality player" loosely, Rossi definitely does not fall under that category for me.

I also don't think he'd be that much of an upgrade over what Juventus have now, and doubt that he'd actually fit into Conte's 3 man attack. He can't play as the lone striker upfront, nor is he that good playing on the right or left of a 3 man attack. His best and probably only position is playing as a second striker. So other than the fact that he isn't that much of an upgrade over what Juventus have, i don't think he fits Conte's tactics either.
Thank you.

What wages is Van Persie on Fred mate?

:D

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Why is he a dream? We are Juve you know, stop talking like we are Parma or something.
The reason I said Higuain is an impossible target is that he's too expensive (Real Madrid already rejected bids as high as 30 million euro for the player, some even claim that Chelsea had a 40 million euro bid rejected), and his wages are too high for our wage budget.

He is Real Madrid's next biggest asset after Cristiano Ronaldo, so Real Madrid wouldn't want to let him go. And as far as I know, the player himself is happy at Real and isn't looking for a new club.

Hence, a dream. Impossible.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Who's to say that Rossi will even regain his form prior to his injury? Look how long it took Quag to get into any kind of form an it took Alex nearly 2 years to get into something like his old form when he had that injury. If we got Rossi AND Jojo I wouldn't mind, but if we got just Rossi it would be a shit move by us.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Who's to say that Rossi will even regain his form prior to his injury? Look how long it took Quag to get into any kind of form an it took Alex nearly 2 years to get into something like his old form when he had that injury. If we got Rossi AND Jojo I wouldn't mind, but if we got just Rossi it would be a shit move by us.
I guess we'll have the Euro to see how he performs.

Apr 29, 2006
Higuain is quite far from impossible. He is actually quite possible.
1st Mourinho said the time is coming to choose between his two strikers. And he knows he can't keep them both happy. Since then Benzema is obviously the preferred guy in front.
2nd Zidane - if he has any influence in RM- would kill to see his countryman and fellow arab Benzema as a started. He was pushing him when he was in a dismal form I can imagine what it's like now.
3rd Real Mardid's presidents hate loosing, but the second thing they hate the most is winning with players signed by your predecessor/future opponent. In these days of dirty politics and money I am not even sure they still count in the same order. Perhaps winning is not important after all - especially given RM's recent record.

So having all those things considered there is only one realistic possibility preventing Higuan from leaving RM - Mourihno playing with 2 strikers. But even then the question lays if Benzema/Higuan are going to form a working partnership and by what I have seen the answer is more into the 'mehhh' category, then there is the fact RM can buy whoever they want to form that partnership and also that having two attackers would require CR7 to track back and stop shooting every time he gets a ball or be sold/benched ... impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)