Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2011-12) (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Either of Lavezzi, Hamsik or Cavani will not come for less than 40m, especially if Napoli have to sell them to a rival in the league. Especially, Juventus. I think Lavezzi has a 30m buyout clause. Could be wrong about that though.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What we clearly need are 2 quality players in attack: A more prolific finisher than Matri, and a stellar RWF to displace Pepe. Without those 2 acquisitions we can forget about making any impact in the CL. Backup CM, a CB for cover, and possibly a LB if Caceres doesn't impress there, and we are set.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Buffon
Licht-Barza-Chiellini-Cissokho
Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio
Lavezzi-Jojo-Mirko​

boom!

Bench:
Storari, Caceres, Nainggolan, Marrone, Elia, Quag, Matri
Where is your real striker? JoJo in the middle? Sounds like a fail.

What we clearly need are 2 quality players in attack: A more prolific finisher than Matri, and a stellar RWF to displace Pepe. Without those 2 acquisitions we can forget about making any impact in the CL. Backup CM, a CB for cover, and possibly a LB if Caceres doesn't impress there, and we are set.
I don't believe that Caceres will impress us that much. So LB is a must.

I believe that Matri is good enough to play as our CF, we just need a good SS.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Matri is not good enough, especially not with the number of games we will be playing, and the quality of opposition we will be coming up against. We need someone who is less wasteful, and more clinical.

Higuain/Suarez/Jojo, Ramirez, recalling Gio, a backup CM, and a backup CB, and I'd call our Summer Mercato a massive success.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Giuseppe Rossi a La Gazzetta: "La Juve mi ha sorpreso, può scavare un bel fossato. Per il Milan sarà dura"

:lol:

Rossi : Juve are doing great,it's gonna be hard for Milan to catch them .

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I expect Elia to leave. Gio may return. So we'll have Gio for the LwF and Ramirez for the RWF. Nainggolan for the CM. Perhaps Cissokho as LB, which means Chiellini, Barzagli, Caceres and Bonnucci will rotate for CB. As will Licht and Caceres for RB, and Cissokho and DC for LB. I think if we can get Rossi for cheap we may let go of the Higuain plan or else Gonzalo will come in for the CF. This is of course based on our movements in the mercato and the rumours that they've created. Personally, Vucinic Higuain Ramirez is dynamic but I don't know how impressive it will be on the big stage. I sort of prefer Rossi to Ramirez, but problem being Rossi will replace Vucinic instead which might not happen.

Buffon

Cissokho
Chiellini
Barzagli
Licht

Marchisio
Pirlo
Vidal

Vucinic
Higuain
Ramirez

Bench: Caceres, DC, Marrone, Nainggolan, Matri, Quag, Giovinco, Pepe.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ramirez instead of Rossi for me. I really feel Ramirez will mature into a very good player with us; he will surprise. We already know what we can get from Rossi, and know exactly what to expect. He isn't going to be a surprise by any stretch. Solid, but unspectacular.

I like your squad though. Definitely Serie A contenders and with the right conditions CL quarter finalists.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Matri is not good enough, especially not with the number of games we will be playing, and the quality of opposition we will be coming up against. We need someone who is less wasteful, and more clinical.

Higuain/Suarez/Jojo, Ramirez, recalling Gio, a backup CM, and a backup CB, and I'd call our Summer Mercato a massive success.
Well he's no Ronaldo (back in the days), but I don't want us to spend so much on the attack when there's more important things to do.

That mercato would be dope...but no LB? And if we buy JoJo, you would put him in the middle?

Fuck Rossi. He should be more concerned about overcoming his injury in order to help save his sinking submarine.
RossiSKI, he will guide us to victories. :heart:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Well he's no Ronaldo (back in the days), but I don't want us to spend so much on the attack when there's more important things to do.

That mercato would be dope...but no LB? And if we buy JoJo, you would put him in the middle?
Ideally, I'd want a Suarez/Cavani/Higuain in the middle, but that is unlikely to happen. I have a feeling we don't need a towering striker, but a couple of skillful attackers who can complement Vuci and interchange positions. Ramirez and Jojo fit the bill. I'm sure Jojo can refine his finishing abilities. Look at Henry. When he first moved to Arsenal he was wasteful, and gradually transformed into a beat, terrorizing defenses in the EPL and Europe.

Yeah whatever :rolleyes: :yuck: :inter: :p

Where is Trequartista when u need him? He's the only one that hates that fucker more than I do. Andy too I guess.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Higuain is quite far from impossible. He is actually quite possible.
1st Mourinho said the time is coming to choose between his two strikers. And he knows he can't keep them both happy. Since then Benzema is obviously the preferred guy in front.
2nd Zidane - if he has any influence in RM- would kill to see his countryman and fellow arab Benzema as a started. He was pushing him when he was in a dismal form I can imagine what it's like now.
3rd Real Mardid's presidents hate loosing, but the second thing they hate the most is winning with players signed by your predecessor/future opponent. In these days of dirty politics and money I am not even sure they still count in the same order. Perhaps winning is not important after all - especially given RM's recent record.

So having all those things considered there is only one realistic possibility preventing Higuan from leaving RM - Mourihno playing with 2 strikers. But even then the question lays if Benzema/Higuan are going to form a working partnership and by what I have seen the answer is more into the 'mehhh' category, then there is the fact RM can buy whoever they want to form that partnership and also that having two attackers would require CR7 to track back and stop shooting every time he gets a ball or be sold/benched ... impossible.
Yes RM are likely to sell Hiquain, but this is not why its impossible to become our target, its because of our current status, we are down the pecking order now, better options will appear for him, if and when he will become available.
Since calciopoli we never made such an acquisition and there are plenty reasons for that...
One of those 2 players will be Giovinco, him and Vucinic can handle our left side needs.
For the right side we can live with Quaq and Pepe. Giacch, EstiG and Elia are more than enough for fillers.

So our primary objective should be a prolific finisher. For various reasons (price, nationality, capability of signing him) this will be Rossi. A realistic option, that we could possibly miss if we waste to much effort on Higuain dreams and end up with Boriello.

For the midfield, there is always the possibility of bringing back Melo, if everything we want is depth, if we want a starter to eventually replace Pirlo, we should go for De Rossi, as his contracts expires and we could always boss Roma on the transfer front.
We should avoid making any deals with Fiorentina, as they keep owning us hard in the transfer market, making us paying fortunes who like impressive in their mediocre ranks, but kinda fail in our level...
Napoli was also wiser than us in the transfer market since serie B and they are improving by keeping their core players.

And for the defense, we need a starter, we will see how the Caceres thing will go through and then decide what to buy. As this is a starter issue, it should take priority over every other market, bar the prolific finisher.

So by recalling Giovinco, bringing back Melo, or sign De Rossi as a free agent, we have the possibility to make massives upgrades without spending much.
Those deals, should be closed likewise the Pirlo deal, before the transfer window even starts and let us time and funds to focus on the CF and LB/CB deals.

Giovinco, Melo or De Rosi, one prolific finisher at least as efficient as Rossi and one starter defender are not that hard to obtain with our usual budget and current prestige and perspectives.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Ramirez instead of Rossi for me. I really feel Ramirez will mature into a very good player with us; he will surprise. We already know what we can get from Rossi, and know exactly what to expect. He isn't going to be a surprise by any stretch. Solid, but unspectacular.

I like your squad though. Definitely Serie A contenders and with the right conditions CL quarter finalists.
Thing is B81, I don't mind Rossi coming if he's not the marquee signing. There's no doubt that if we had to spend 30m on him then that money can be better spent elsewhere. However, for half that amount he would be an addition of considerable quality to the squad.

Though I like Ramirez, I feel like he's still way too young to make the cut just yet, dunno how he'll prove as an investment for the CL. Rossi has played at that level and performed. That being said, whther Ramirez, Rossi or JoJo who I think is the farthest from making it here, it's really going to come down to the man we buy for the middle. I love Matri but he can't carry this team in two competitions. My pick for a 30m signing would be Benzema, but I dont think Marrotta has the ability to prise him away from Madrid at a time when he's Jose's blue eyed boy. The other and more likely option of Higuain is something he's perhaps laid the foundations for last summer when he met Madrid. My only fear is that Torres might be available in the summer for 20m and Marrotta will go all out for it. Wonder if Vucinic Torres Rossi could work!?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I firmly believe that Ramirez Jojo Vuci will work :D

Ideally, I'd want Suarez in there instead of Ramirez, and then we can switch Vuci and Jojo around, but there's no way we are spending 60M+ on our attack.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Shhhh... Be quiet. I hope Rossi never recovers from his injury, and remains largely anonymous, plying his trade for clubs with ambitions to compete in the Europa League :p
He will be Delis' heir. :heart:

:weee:

Ideally, I'd want a Suarez/Cavani/Higuain in the middle, but that is unlikely to happen. I have a feeling we don't need a towering striker, but a couple of skillful attackers who can complement Vuci and interchange positions. Ramirez and Jojo fit the bill. I'm sure Jojo can refine his finishing abilities. Look at Henry. When he first moved to Arsenal he was wasteful, and gradually transformed into a beat, terrorizing defenses in the EPL and Europe.
If (I hope so) we would get JoJo it would still be JoJo - Matri - Mirko for me. I think that we need that "towering striker".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)