Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2011-12) (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I think about 5 or 6 of that team went through Juventus. :D

Including the captain + best players, obviously. And at Euro 2000.
also in 2006. we had thuram, vieira, trezeguet, zambrotta, cannavaro, del piero, buffon, camoranesi.

not to mention the players that used to play for us: zidane, henry, inzaghi

edit: nevermind you are talking about franc only

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Well, I'd certainly not bench Pirlo and De Rossi is still better than Vidal in my books. Taking out Marchisio don't even enter in the equation.

Vidal could play like Boateng does for Milan, though, but I'm not really a fan of it.

Not happening, but what the hell.

Buffon
Licht - Chiellini - Barzagli - Caceres
Pirlo
Vidal - De Rossi - Marchisio
Jovetic - Matri
My dear Bonucci.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Well, I'd certainly not bench Pirlo and De Rossi is still better than Vidal in my books. Taking out Marchisio don't even enter in the equation.

Vidal could play like Boateng does for Milan, though, but I'm not really a fan of it.

My dear Bonucci.
This could actually work quite well, as it would allow us to win a lot more balls further up the pitch. He is also a decent dribbler and his passing is pretty good at times eg his assist to Matri vs Napoli.

:drool:

Buffon
Licht-Barza-Chiellini-Caceres
DDR-Pirlo-Marchisio
Vidal
CF-Matri​

CF = Benzema/Higuain/Damiao/Jovetic etc

Bench:
Storari
Bonucci (Caceres=RB/CB/LB, Chiellini=CB/LB, Vidal=LB if needed)
Pazienza (CM, Vidal can move up to CM too)
G.Ramirez (CM or as AM)
Vucinic (AM)
Quagliarella (ST)
Borriello (ST)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Seasons are long. A lot can happen during the season. Injuries, drop in form, team crisis, sacked coach. Anything. They can't account for the variables that await them. Point being you've got to have a core set of players at the club and the odd loan is understandable, but you can't have a little less than half a squad on loan. Its not very bright.
Our starting lineup is
buffon, chiellini, barazgli, lich, marchisio, pirlo, vidal, vucinic, matri, pepe. Most commonly used subs are giaccherini, estigarribia. We have seen some of quags, some of dp, a hint of elia. As far as i know, giaccherini is on a co-ownership, esti is on a full loan with a very cheap option to buy...thats two players, presently, who have played a part in our success this season so far.

Iaquinta, amauri, toni are players we are desperately trying to shift. if even one of them goes, it explains borriello's arrival. January is rarely the time to hunt out superstars, so a proven, solid serie a striker, with a definite point to prove, and perhaps even an eye on the euros, seems a clever move from Beppe and Conte. He has great motivation to perform.

Esti's loan makes sense, for other than in the coppa america, his playing history is hardly impressive. he showed hints of something brilliant, and has grinta in spades. again the loan made sense.

if we get caceres, i highly doubt it will be a loan with an option, more likely a loan with an obligation to buy. sevilla need the $.

the potential pizarro loan makes sense also. we may only need him for 6 months. if he wants to win back his place under enrique, or try win a contract for a year or so more with us, or attract another club to come in for him during the summer, then he must take any chance he has.

loans at smaller clubs for players from bigger clubs are different. when a player is loaned to juventus, the motivation is high to win a permanent contract. Conte's main strengths are obviously his man management skills, and i believe that he would have nobody at the club who he didnt believe in, and who didnt believe in him or the club.

a little less than half the squad on loan??? I count esti, borriello, and maybe pizarro.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Oh its serious but then again I'm a sarcastic bastard so lol
Nah, Matri would still be useful for a different game approach.

I said he wouldn't work because I think we'd have to compensate Vidal's lack of creativity (as trequartista) with two skilled strikers. Like Milan does. Matri would have to drop into the flanks and/or dribble much more with four CM on the pitch and he is not particularly good at it.

P.S.: When I say he's not really good at droping into the flanks, I mean with the ball. Without the ball and taking the defenders with him in that proccess, he's a master at it.

Jul 1, 2010

My dear Bonucci.
Vidal on the bench would be a waste imo. If we were to get De Rossi(very unlikely), I'd certainly favor a rotation but I would not bench Vidal as he is the engine of the midfield. He's also too good to be on the bench.

I may view the signing of Pirlo differently than some, I always thought that he would help us in the transition and really start for one or two season then accept a bench role or finish his career at Brescia(as he apparently wants).

With a midfield of Vidal-De Rossi-Marchisio, we'd need to almost play a trequartista or a very creative winger on the right though.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Nah, Matri would still be useful for a different game approach.

I said he wouldn't work because I think we'd have to compensate Vidal's lack of creativity (as trequartista) with two skilled strikers. Like Milan does. Matri would have to drop into the flanks and/or dribble much more with four CM on the pitch and he is not particularly good at it.
Yes I agree. So in the end someone better would fit no?

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Vidal on the bench would be a waste imo. If we were to get De Rossi(very unlikely), I'd certainly favor a rotation but I would not bench Vidal as he is the engine of the midfield. He's also too good to be on the bench.

I may view the signing of Pirlo differently than some, I always thought that he would help us in the transition and really start for one or two season then accept a bench role or finish his career at Brescia(as he apparently wants).

With a midfield of Vidal-De Rossi-Marchisio, we'd need to almost play a trequartista or a very creative winger on the right though.
"Bench" would mean rotation obviously. He'd be the 12th man and that would put our midfield finally in the top (quality and depth wise). Between a healthy and in-form Pirlo, a Vidal, a Marchisio and a De Rossi who would you put on the bench? Assuming you would be forced to put one.

My statement below the trio I wrote agrees with you in the Pirlo part.

Yes I agree. So in the end someone better would fit no?
In the starting eleven yes, most probably. I prefer the word different instead of better, though.

We would still not need to sell him like you said. No way. A player as clinical as Matri is always useful. ;)

Jul 1, 2010
"Bench" would mean rotation obviously. He'd be the 12th man and that would put our midfield finally in the top (quality and depth wise). Between a healthy and in-form Pirlo, a Vidal, a Marchisio and a De Rossi who would you put on the bench? Assuming you would be forced to put one.

My statement below the trio I wrote agrees with you in the Pirlo part.
The thing is that no one in the team bar Pepe has Vidal's work rate and it is a very important part of our game. Pepe has a nice work rate too but I believe that we definitely need someone better offensively than Pepe on the right side of the trident. Therefore, if you remove both Pepe and Vidal, our formation would be unbalanced imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)