• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Locatelli is good but not that good.
How good is "that good"?

He's improved a lot in the last couple of seasons. Of course if people are expecting him to be like Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba all rolled into one then that's not going to be the case. However, he's exactly the right age and ability we should be looking at. The problem is that he might be expensive.

Also, if you look at him statistically, for 2019-20 and this season he is a leader amongst European DMs for tackles and final third passes, which show his versatility around the field.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Reported for stupidity.
These transfer rumours follow the same method. Serie A players for small clubs first go on the radar of Juve and Inter, "strong links" and concrete interest usually follows (Dybala, Barella, Kulusevski, for example), then you see a random assortment of foreign clubs being linked, usually PL ones as they have to buy everybody. In the end they often stay in Serie A and go to one of 2 or 3 clubs.

Jun 16, 2020
How good is "that good"?

He's improved a lot in the last couple of seasons. Of course if people are expecting him to be like Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba all rolled into one then that's not going to be the case. However, he's exactly the right age and ability we should be looking at. The problem is that he might be expensive.

Also, if you look at him statistically, for 2019-20 and this season he is a leader amongst European DMs for tackles and final third passes, which show his versatility around the field.
How he’s playing lately, I expect him to reach those levels.

Just don’t compare Locatelli at Sassuolo to Vidal in his prime at his 3th or 4th season here.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Are we in the market for a reserve striker? Giroud is available in January and I know we've been looking at a player with his characteristics

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Are we in the market for a reserve striker? Giroud is available in January and I know we've been looking at a player with his characteristics

He wants to leave Chelsea for guranteed playing time in preparation for the Euros (why I dont know, Deschamps starts him even when he never plays). So yeah he would be in identical situation of Chelsea's if he came to Juve.

Aug 26, 2014
How good is "that good"?

I agree, but in this market I think he costs too much for what he brings to the table.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually he matured a lot and is playing better than last season which definitely was a great one for him.
Should we sign him? Why not?!
I not saying we shouldn't sign him, but if there is an option to bring someone who can up the quality in our midfield by a lot, instead of opting for few players who may or may not do well here I chose the first option.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I agree, but in this market I think he costs too much for what he brings to the table.

- - - Updated - - -

I not saying we shouldn't sign him, but if there is an option to bring someone who can up the quality in our midfield by a lot, instead of opting for few players who may or may not do well here I chose the first option.
I think you havent watched Locatelli play.
Last year he had a great season but I would say the same.
This year he upped his game and is doing everything from defensive game to providing through balls.
I`d definitely start him over current Bentancur and I think he could be a real gem.

As for someone who could make an immediate splash?! There arent many players like that and there are even less available.

Also every player has his downside.
Pogba as much as I like him has a poor defensive ability.
SMS - Unavailable
L.Alberto - Unavailable
Aouar - Smart player but not much of an assisting machine or a goal machine and is probably overpriced as well.

I personally would take Locatelli over Aouar as I dont rate Aouar as some people here.

Locatelli under 50M for his set of abilities - I think its a steal and he would also be the kind of player who wont force his way out after a few years and would probably not going to demand some bumper salary - He is really a very good addition.

Best player we can currently get

Aug 26, 2014
I think you havent watched Locatelli play.
Last year he had a great season but I would say the same.
This year he upped his game and is doing everything from defensive game to providing through balls.
I`d definitely start him over current Bentancur and I think he could be a real gem.

As for someone who could make an immediate splash?! There arent many players like that and there are even less available.

Also every player has his downside.
Pogba as much as I like him has a poor defensive ability.
SMS - Unavailable
L.Alberto - Unavailable
Aouar - Smart player but not much of an assisting machine or a goal machine and is probably overpriced as well.

I personally would take Locatelli over Aouar as I dont rate Aouar as some people here.

Locatelli under 50M for his set of abilities - I think its a steal and he would also be the kind of player who wont force his way out after a few years and would probably not going to demand some bumper salary - He is really a very good addition.

Best player we can currently get
You are right, I didn't watch Sassuolo a lot this season(it's still too early, will keep an eye for Locatelli) maybe he's better than I think, but we need someone who is consistently good in the middle not like the signings from previous years. If we can pull it off we need to go after an established player and work from there instead of buying few promising ones and hope it all works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)