Winter Mercato Thread 2021 (9 Viewers)

Who do you want as the vice-Morata?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
What he tried to pull off at 0:36 in the clip is quite impressive for a guy his size. If he can come in, hold the ball up, play others through, chase a bit, score the occasional goal and be content with that role it's an OK signing. It all depends on the fee though,

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Get Scamacca, at this point he would be the best we can get and at the very least if he flops he won't be on massive wages and he will be re-sellable. If he is useful we have a decent backup striker.

@Mark momblano said Sassuolo got Traore in synergy with us?

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
This winter mercatto thread is such a joke :lol: .... seeing people here fapping over Scamacca and even comparing him to Ibra (no matter how you meant it you just can't make such a weird comparison and expect to be taken serious on it), then seeing others being dissapointed for not getting 'the perfect back-up' 37yo Quaqliarella or hoping that Milik might come in as a saviour for that back-up role just to avoid the other two options, heck at some point i even seen some being happy at the prospect of bringing back Llorente whom i'm not sure would be more useful than putting a tall pillar in the opposition box and hoping that the ball hits it through some lucky deflection... sometimes i'm really having difficulties figuring out if we are some team fighting for a CL spot or for the damn Serie A and CL trophy itself based on the mentality and expectations of some of our fanbase.

Seriously dudes... debating and actually arguing over this garbage is bellow even our own usual low standards, whatever way we look at it it's certainly going to be a panic back-up buy that is likely to eventually make close to no impact at all, there's no doubt the lesser the investment the better if those are the only solutions but tbh i really wouldn't stress too much about it at all, whatever will be will be. Cheers.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Why? Explain lol.
Expensive, not likely to make a start unless everyone is injured plus the midfielders that could take those positions also injured. Not saying he is crap, Braithwaite when fed by Messi has scored goals and done alright but you question the need to spend that much unless we are seriously hoping that he develops into something great.

Braithwaite was an emergency signing, are we doing the same I don't know yet. If he is a stop gap solution he becomes another Bernard/Khedira that we struggle to shift given the asking price and overall investment. Given the economic climate, is that really wise? I'd like to think we give him playing time but then why not go for Papu Gomez given he'll be a similar cost?

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Expensive, not likely to make a start unless everyone is injured plus the midfielders that could take those positions also injured. Not saying he is crap, Braithwaite when fed by Messi has scored goals and done alright but you question the need to spend that much unless we are seriously hoping that he develops into something great.

Braithwaite was an emergency signing, are we doing the same I don't know yet. If he is a stop gap solution he becomes another Bernard/Khedira that we struggle to shift given the asking price and overall investment. Given the economic climate, is that really wise? I'd like to think we give him playing time but then why not go for Papu Gomez given he'll be a similar cost?

I pretty much agree with what you stated in the first part , however the answear to the second part is quite simple, Papu Gomez won't come because:

1. Plays a different position so it will be different to accomodate rather than a classic back-up ST/CF
2. Much older in comparison and has close to no resale value
3. Atalanta don't wanna sell for cheap to us, even seen reports they willing to only sell abroad.

Anyway, as i was saying, not worth stressing too much about it, we are likely gonna end up with the option that proves itself to be the best market opportunity available, and is understandable.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
@Alin

Agreed, but if this is a stop gap let it be Papu because of CL level experience and assists in my opinion. I hope the guy is a long term purchase and that we can develop him.

Jun 16, 2020
I slept with the thought that you guys would rather have Scamacca here than Milik and I can't believe it.
I tried watching some highlights of the Italian yesterday and I didn't even last till half of the video because these goals were all from primavera or Serie B.
So I went to see his stats and they are even more underwhelming than those highlights. Milik was levels above him at 22yo. Hell, if you want to compare Scamacca to someone it's Alberto Cerri not Milik :sergio:
I really hope we don't spend 20mln on him.

5m + bonus for a 4th choice who isn’t match fit is insanity.

So much troubles and difficulties last summer to make the same mistake again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)