Winter Mercato Thread 2021 (12 Viewers)

Who do you want as the vice-Morata?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Do you watch Juve matches? Or just gold fish memory?
Actually he has a point there but not from passing the ball kind of view but more in terms of relieving Inter`s pressure.

Arthur has some very serious problem with his stamina but there is no point to deny he can really protect the ball and even with his stamina I think our best midfield consist of him relieving the pressure Mck to intercept some balls and provide a threat with his off the ball movement and Ramsey since Bentancur is dogshit this season.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Things we need to do:

- get two good midfileders (Locatelli, De Paul, Pogba, Aouar, I prefer the first and the last)
- sell Ramsey and Rabiot ( good luck with that with the wage they have)
- sell Romero, Pjaca, Perin, Rugani, Berna, DC..
- get a LB/LWB to rotare with Sandro.
- get a 4th striker, somenone young and promissing. Too bad we sold Moise Kean...
- fully buy Morata and McKennie
- renew with Dybala and find a place for him in this team once and for all.
- renew with CR
- release Khedira and Giorgio (retire).
- get a solid injury free young CB option who can challenge with Bonucci and Demiral for the starting spot in this team.
- get a propper RB option.

Too much to do, so litle money to do it.

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
Our midfield is a joke .. its been going on years we just keep signing free players on huge wages that offer nothing we haven't already got .. none of them is willing or even capable of taking hold of the game and running the midfield we need to find a way of fixing it now or risk ending the season with nothing

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Wishlist:
Ramos to finaly kick Bonucci out
LB so we are not stucked with Frabotta...
CM - top class with vision L.A Pogba and even 2 times injured Zaniolo
CM - Bentancur is shit this season
Id like us to try for Son but not a must.
CF goal scoring machine but has to be fast.
A proper coach

This and we would finaly compete against top CL teams.

As for Scudetto - sub LB good CM and most importantly a proper coach
we don't need ramos to kick bumucci out, we have capable defenders in the squad who can do that, including Dragusin. We need a manager with balls to end his reign of terror

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
we don't need ramos to kick bumucci out, we have capable defenders in the squad who can do that, including Dragusin. We need a manager with balls to end his reign of terror
When all are healthy our status is this:
MDL WC
Chiellini still got it but will have serious trouble against fast opponents
Bonucci - He plays well but then he makes these mistakes.
Demiral - better than Bonucci IMO but he isnt really comfortable on the ball which is a problem considering our style of play.
Dragusin - Yeah he is too good for primavera but dont make him WC since he has a very long way to get there.
Danilo - Surprising but he is also a RB.

Id play Demiral but after him I think Bonucci should play.
Neither are the CB we need though..

Ramos will be a fantastic signing but he is much closer to PSG

I also think Kulu has to be considered as a SS and not further behind.

Partnership upfront is confusing as Dybala isnt in the box enough while Morata is good but he isnt a lethal striker like Higuain was.

All this would mean nothing if we dont get a very strong coach.

Gasp is our best choice unless Zidane is available..

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Actually he has a point there but not from passing the ball kind of view but more in terms of relieving Inter`s pressure.

Arthur has some very serious problem with his stamina but there is no point to deny he can really protect the ball and even with his stamina I think our best midfield consist of him relieving the pressure Mck to intercept some balls and provide a threat with his off the ball movement and Ramsey since Bentancur is dogshit this season.

Seriously we all know this, "he can keep the ball", but noticed anything else out there with him? You know what, I noticed a pattern, Arthur is benched, people clamour for him to start, he starts and is useless, and people curse him and clamour for Bentancur to start, he is dogshit and gives ball away and people clamour for Rabiot to start instead, the biggiest pussy of them all. See a pattern?

I put Arthur last in the pecking order of our shit pile, yes he can keep the ball, but he cant win a single duel on or off the ball, defend, nor has ANY interest in ever attacking, let alone making a forward pass. He has alot of skill with the ball, but it means nothing with all the rest are such glaring flaws. Depending on matchup you can give him minutes to do ok, but in general, he is the weakest link so far. A dogshit Bentancur actually still defends, a dogshit Rabiot atleast wins most of his physical duels, both of them go up to join attacks etc. What does a dogshit Arthur give you? Keep ball around same 5 meters circle?

Lets not forget it all just because he is benched next game, and the other guys starting too are having subpar games again.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Seriously we all know this, "he can keep the ball", but noticed anything else out there with him? You know what, I noticed a pattern, Arthur is benched, people clamour for him to start, he starts and is useless, and people curse him and clamour for Bentancur to start, he is dogshit and gives ball away and people clamour for Rabiot to start instead, the biggiest pussy of them all. See a pattern?

I put Arthur last in the pecking order of our shit pile, yes he can keep the ball, but he cant win a single duel on or off the ball, defend, nor has ANY interest in ever attacking, let alone making a forward pass. He has alot of skill with the ball, but it means nothing with all the rest are such glaring flaws. Depending on matchup you can give him minutes to do ok, but in general, he is the weakest link so far. A dogshit Bentancur actually still defends, a dogshit Rabiot atleast wins most of his physical duels, both of them go up to join attacks etc. What does a dogshit Arthur give you? Keep ball around same 5 meters circle?

Lets not forget it all just because he is benched next game, and the other guys starting too are having sbpar games again.
Well in this particular game he would have done much better than what the other gave us which is nothing..
At least he wouldnt give possession so easily.

As for your point - Yeah, we have Mckennie to enjoy while we need others to play alongside him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Except we saw him vs a Milan team weaker then this Inter, and he was the worst player on the pitch? Just because he is on the bench and we only focus on the shit thats going on the pitch only vs Inter, doesnt mean he would done much better if he played. Inter played super deep and let us keep useless possession that never went forward, then bullied us on counters. Conditions Arthur are NOT fit for in both cases, he never makes forward passes, and he cant defend a lick, and can be abused off the ball.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Well in this particular game he would have done much better than what the other gave us which is nothing..
At least he wouldnt give possession so easily.

As for your point - Yeah, we have Mckennie to enjoy while we need others to play alongside him.
Yeah his best position is to spread the ball from defense to wing or more attacking mid, simple pass and success

So basically that is the position for holding mid in 433

He is good under pressure and can spread ball from there with more attacking option

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
When all are healthy our status is this:
MDL WC
Chiellini still got it but will have serious trouble against fast opponents
Bonucci - He plays well but then he makes these mistakes.
Demiral - better than Bonucci IMO but he isnt really comfortable on the ball which is a problem considering our style of play.
Dragusin - Yeah he is too good for primavera but dont make him WC since he has a very long way to get there.
Danilo - Surprising but he is also a RB.

Id play Demiral but after him I think Bonucci should play.
Neither are the CB we need though..

Ramos will be a fantastic signing but he is much closer to PSG

I also think Kulu has to be considered as a SS and not further behind.

Partnership upfront is confusing as Dybala isnt in the box enough while Morata is good but he isnt a lethal striker like Higuain was.

All this would mean nothing if we dont get a very strong coach.

Gasp is our best choice unless Zidane is available..
Frankly i'd put bumucci bottom of the CB's we have inc Danilo in that list, in the few minutes Dragusin has played with the first team he looks more competent if you ask me.

Jun 16, 2020
Except we saw him vs a Milan team weaker then this Inter, and he was the worst player on the pitch? Just because he is on the bench and we only focus on the shit thats going on the pitch only vs Inter, doesnt mean he would done much better if he played. Inter played super deep and let us keep useless possession that never went forward, then bullied us on counters. Conditions Arthur are NOT fit for in both cases, he never makes forward passes, and he cant defend a lick, and can be abused off the ball.
It doesn’t matter who of our midfielders will play, with our current tactical setup all will struggle. Even prime Vieira would

Arthur has some specific qualities but he’ll struggle in all that space that we allow with those small hobbit legs he has. He’s probably of use in a more compact 3-man midfield.

You’re right that it’s a pattern that we always cry because a trainer bench some players, and when they underperform we’ll cry for new players. It’s a continuous circle, so ffs let us cry in these dark times. :D

A midfield with McKennie - Arthur - Bentancur sounds worth trying tho.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
3 CMs would make most sense indeed, and for that trio it makes most balanced sense, IF WE HAD A COACH THAT CAN USE THEM.

But we dont. But when we do, Benta is the all around mid with some defensive chops, Arthur the nr 8 type who floats around keeping useless possession, and Mckennie the enforcer with drive, energy and purposeful runs forward.

Generally speaking, Bentancur and Rabiot should not play together alone. Thats the worst combo.

Jun 6, 2015

Lets not forget it all just because he is benched next game, and the other guys starting too are having sbpar games again.
Yep, the player that doesn't play is always the solution to the problem. Have even seen people starting to suddenly rate Khedira again. I also remember Costa being the answer to any attacking problems we had when he was out injured.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
3 CMs would make most sense indeed, and for that trio it makes most balanced sense, IF WE HAD A COACH THAT CAN USE THEM.

But we dont. But when we do, Benta is the all around mid with some defensive chops, Arthur the nr 8 type who floats around keeping useless possession, and Mckennie the enforcer with drive, energy and purposeful runs forward.

Generally speaking, Bentancur and Rabiot should not play together alone. Thats the worst combo.
Yep, I want us to try the 3 as maybe combined they can make 2 decent mids. I'd also like to see Kulu as one of them as well.

Mckennie Arthur Kulu

Mckennie Arthur Bentancur

Mckennie Bentancur Rabiot

Try one of them, can't be worse than 2

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Yep, the player that doesn't play is always the solution to the problem. Have even seen people starting to suddenly rate Khedira again. I also remember Costa being the answer to any attacking problems we had when he was out injured.
Why every team midfield looks better than ours on paper these are decent midfielders though in last match most of our midfielder were jogging

- - - Updated - - -

We need a coach first and foremost, then you can evaluate the players. Some, like Berna will not make it regardless IMO but everything starts with the coach.
It was the same argument with sarri and there is simone Inzaghi available hopefully Locatelli and pogba solve our problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)