Winter mercato thread 2020 (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
I think we should be fine with just loaning Caceres for the billionth time. We can get past Lyon without Chiellini and QFs are in early april, and he should be fit by then. Maybe there's a chance to offload Rugani and Can and get Eriksen and a more reliable CD. I saw more reports today saying he's close to a deal with Inter and I don't know what to make of this. Angelli brought Ronaldo, but we also failed hard at offloading dead wood because we kept extending old players contracts on high wages so I dunno what to expect anymore. Even if there's a real try for Pogba in the summer, missing on a cheap Erisken is a bad idea as he's gonna improve us quite alot.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
i know you love drama but for all the issues this club currently has a shortage of players, particularly CBs, is not at all one of them.

there are much more pressing concerns for you to lose sleep over
Yes, our midfield blows.

The same midfield we now want as back up CB :tup:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
or why not complain about the accumulation of injuries across all positions? dont you have a list?
Someone already asked me that. Note the infinity sign on the muscle injury count.

And yes, that's something Ive been complaining about for over 7 years.

But you're right, the injury issues is a major issue and has absolutely no/none/zero/nada impact on why we only currently have 3 healthy CBs and gives us literally zero reason the even ponder the possibility of one of those 3 getting injured in say, a dislocated shoulder, right? Crazy of me to think our past injury phenomenon could have any remote ability to hurt our remaining 3 CBs. :agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
What's ridiculous is that our only backup for the rest of the season is Rugani and that we only have 3 CBs.

Poor planning. Even if its an old 37 year old that can sit the bench for extreme backup emergencies.
It wasnt long ago it was deemed that we had too many cbs and rugani should be the one that is sacrificed.

Poor planning? Juve dont plan to have 2 starting defenders to be out for the season...

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
If we can't get a cheap loan deal or a free agent then we should just keep the current lot and put Can as 5th choice CB, he'd be happy for the playing time and most likely would be a better choice than most stop gap options that are available.

The best option though would be if we could recall Romero by some chance since he's already coming next summer. Could be costly, but we are in some kind of kahoots with Genoa since they paid such an astronomical fee for Ruru....

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Just saw our CL squad.
Emre Can will have to be included instead of Demiral. That way we add someone to take Khedira's place in midfield and we also add someone who could serve as a 4th choice CB in case of emergency. That would leave us one more open spot, because I assume Khedira won't be included in the list. Chiellini could fill that spot.
In any case, we have only 21 players+Pinsoglio that we can include in the A list for CL. As things stand, Chiellini and Can for Demiral and Khedira. But if we buy anyone else, we'll either have to exclude someone from the CL list, or this new player can be eligible only for serie A matches.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Just saw our CL squad.
Emre Can will have to be included instead of Demiral. That way we add someone to take Khedira's place in midfield and we also add someone who could serve as a 4th choice CB in case of emergency. That would leave us one more open spot, because I assume Khedira won't be included in the list. Chiellini could fill that spot.
In any case, we have only 21 players+Pinsoglio that we can include in the A list for CL. As things stand, Chiellini and Can for Demiral and Khedira. But if we buy anyone else, we'll either have to exclude someone from the CL list, or this new player can be eligible only for serie A matches.
We could ditch Can as well

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We can survive until Chiello comes back
Sure.

Couple of things to consider:

1.) He might be back training with the team soon, how long until he is match fit to actually play? His calf muscles, for example, are notrious for getting reinjured so how the hell can we be sure he isn't going to get reinjured? His past injury history suggests its only a matter of time.

2.) MDL has an obvious shoulder injury issue, so what happens if/when he goes down?

Does the logic "we can survive until...fill in the blank" with 2 CBs still apply?

- - - Updated - - -

Barzagli as player coach LOL

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised if Alex Sandro could play CB better than Rugani but we don't have any backup fullbacks either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)