Winter mercato thread 2020 (42 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
From Håland to Giroud? :lol2:

You want to rotate strikers? Ok well then you had a hard working, willing to do anything fan favorite in Mandy and you sent him to a toilet for free. Seriously wtf Fabio. You can’t be this incompetent.

As much as I’ve been wanting us to sign Tonali since last year I just don’t think it will happen. Even if we do the result will be all for not. We’ll loan him out to Sass or something where he will never see the light of day in our stripes regardless of his potential to improve our midfield options and deployment schema.

But let’s not bury the lead here. Giroud is the Osvaldo, Matri, Anelka, Bendtner, Berbatov (yes I know he never joined and I was happy that he didn’t) move that we have been known for in January’s of past.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Weren't you against Håland signing and mocking it Dru?
Like anyone who has seen Giroud play multiple times I can say that would be a useless signing. Especially since we HAD Mandy ffs. Plus you can’t tell me otherwise as folks like yourself have been painting this kid as the truth for a few months.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Like anyone who has seen Giroud play multiple times I can say that would be a useless signing. Especially since we HAD Mandy ffs. Plus you can’t tell me otherwise as folks like yourself have been painting this kid as the truth for a few months.
I dont want Giroud, I want Håland, our attack dont need a stop gap older players because 2 of our 3 attacking starters are near their mid 30s. So much more preferable getting a young stunner to carry the torch.

Litterally no one here wants Giroud. So that's not the question (I genuinely dont care about getting rid of Mandzukic, what I care about is why give him new contract when you want to get rid couple months later).

Only question is you are now for signing Håland when you been mocking his potential signing nonstop in the other thread?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I dont want Giroud, I want Håland, our attack dont need a stop gap older players because 2 of our 3 attacking starters are near their mid 30s. So much more preferable getting a young stunner to carry the torch.

Litterally no one here wants Giroud. So that's not the question (I genuinely dont care about getting rid of Mandzukic, what I care about is why give him new contract when you want to get rid couple months later).

Only question is you are now for signing Håland when you been mocking his potential signing nonstop in the other thread?
It's actually a chain of events, new contract, get rid of him a few months afterwards, get Giroud. Everything since sacking Allegri has been random.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

Go back and read my posts. They weren’t mocking. They were questioning the links to another Raiola gunna while we already had one, homegrown, with appearances and hunger. Yes, I did make a few albino jokes but that I couldn’t really help. It’s not that difficult to comprehend one hyped link to another link that is tbh mid quality at best in Giroud.

I still question Paratici’s logic in offloading Kean only to pursue Håland. And again, flushing Mandy away. But now we’re reading rumors of Giroud? Holistically it’s foolish all together @Osman.

But stick to what you want to cling to

- - - Updated - - -

Go back and read my posts. They weren’t mocking. They were questioning the links to another Raiola gunna while we already had one, homegrown, with appearances and hunger. Yes, I did make a few albino jokes but that I couldn’t really help. It’s not that difficult to comprehend one hyped link to another link that is tbh mid quality at best in Giroud.

I still question Paratici’s logic in offloading Kean only to pursue Håland. And again, flushing Mandy away. But now we’re reading rumors of Giroud? Holistically it’s foolish all together @Osman.

- - - Updated - - -

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What's worth questioning about signing Håland after selling Kean? Genuinely curious, what exactly? I like Kean alot and wanted to keep him, but do you realize there is a clear quality difference? As in one is extremely productive as fuck top level scorer in efficiency right now (8 goals in CL group stage alone and 41 goals in 6 months is insane). Same age where Keans main productivity is scoring 7 goals with us over half a season. Otherwise was raw not ready product before that, and since he left us has been raw not close to ready product. His current lack performances is projecting him to be loaned out to Bologna or Parma level clubs. Does that sound like someone right now who is comparable to Håland who is sought after whole Europe?

Also his contract had a year left and Kean and Raiola wanted to move on rather then resign. Its situation I could blame Paratici on, if they had long contract but he still decided to sell. But that wasnt the case. They didnt resign so the club had to sell. We are absolutely terrible with our youth products, but in this specific scenario there isnt much I can blame them on, can you?

Mandzukic being flushed is fine with me, his time with the club was over imo a year ago, he had no business playing and starting anymore. And theres extremely limited market for him to sell to. Imo only mistake is renewing his contract and then deciding to sell him, fail, then give away for free, all within 8 months. Its bizzare piece of practice. And it's not first time this club are poor at selling over the hill players, happend with Llorente, happend with Tevez (not that he was over the hill but basically retiring). They accommodate the players in how they want to go out and keep rolling their thumbs until bad becomes worse in terms of market value.

Last edited:

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Tonali and Chiesa wont happen in January, former not because its really hard, if we bid enough we can get him, but I doubt we think he is ready and if we bought him would loan him back for rest of the season. With Chiesa there is zero chance he comes January, they might be relegation candidates without him, with Ribery injured, and he is difficult in summer too due to transfer sum.

With Håland its pure market opportunity, thats the only reason January transfer window is talked about, he seems to be willing to move mid season, and if we dont get him in January someone else will. So he is a real possibility in January because of that, its a time sensivitive transfer.
We were stupid not to move for minamino too. And get rid of someone from mid.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
What's worth questioning about signing Håland after selling Kean? Genuinely curious, what exactly?
Take your mind off of the Nordic kid for just a moment if you can. In the grander scheme of things none of the moves made make any sense. If you believe that he is a proven commodity already then stick with that. Juve and young players (outside perhaps Dybala, MDL due to circumstances) are outliers and we paid a lot for them. Our club is notorious for valuing seniority and veterans over young shining talent. There’s no guarantee he would thrive any more than Kean did. The same fear/logic can be applied to Tonali, Zaniolo if we were to sign them.

Mandzukic IS a proven asset that performs those functions that the nord would be hired to do presumably.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What's worth questioning about signing Håland after selling Kean? Genuinely curious, what exactly?
i dont think theres much questioning that Haaland >>>> Kean but the market opportunities policy has left us with a hilariously unbalanced team despite the fact we have spent large amounts of money and have had some of these same glaring issues for years.

add on top of the squad that was challenged by registration due to size, sells its one HG player, desperatley attempts to sell its star player, etc and begins the season with 1 winger, a bunch of CMs who play more of less the same role, and poor fullbacks

there is plenty of reason to be concerned as it reeks of awful planning. we're signing market opportunities and hoping a cohesive team somehow congeals out of it aka throwing shit at the wall

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Mandzukic IS a proven asset that performs those functions that the nord would be hired to do presumably.
I edited my earlier post to longer one that explains it all further so read it. But I like to come back to this, Mandzukic can be thanked for overall good service in past years but he is a proven asset of what right now? He is a lumbering technically limited player who cant work as hard as he used to be an asset in effort roleplaying supporting way when his technique and scoring was lacking. He barely ever scored double digit in numbers for us throughout the years, he went 5 months without scoring last season despite playing as CF? (And it haoodnd other seasons too). The failure was not being able to sell him in summer (and ask yourself why, why cant you find suitors if he is proven asset right now).

The Norwegian kid would be hired to score goals, and hopefully alot of them like he is in his current club. Something Mandzukic cant do anymore. Which is why he is going to Qatar.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
We were stupid not to move for minamino too. And get rid of someone from mid.
We were really stupid to buy Alex Sandro after having gotten rid of DJ Paolino Ceglie.

Why buy a new, incomparably better player of the same position when you got rid of an inferior one previously?

The level of stupid at our club :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

Dru and Osman remind me of high school bff's where one went on to become a successful lawyer and the other still smokes weed and watches South Park.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
i dont think theres much questioning that Haaland >>>> Kean but the market opportunities policy has left us with a hilariously unbalanced team despite the fact we have spent large amounts of money and have had some of these same glaring issues for years.

add on top of the squad that was challenged by registration due to size, sells its one HG player, desperatley attempts to sell its star player, etc and begins the season with 1 winger, a bunch of CMs who play more of less the same role, and poor fullbacks

there is plenty of reason to be concerned as it reeks of awful planning. we're signing market opportunities and hoping a cohesive team somehow congeals out of it aka throwing shit at the wall
You got stuck on me saying market opportunity in another post it seems :D When I said that I meant our flawed plan of going after quantity of free transfers for midfield and hoping it solves itself, instead of considering if they were actually good enough to elevate the team.

Håland would be signed because he is genuinely one of the biggiest talents around right now. And not just raw fleetingly impressive but inconsistent kind young players tend to be, but a well rounded attacker who scoring with crazy consistency.

The market opportunity part is he has low release clause, and that if we dont try to sign him now in January, another top club will. Not only best available talent in his position, but fits a need because our attack is ageing besides Dybala. Also is someone we followed since he was in Norway. Mark posted about him before he went to Salzburg (he actually declined coming to us).

I wanted to keep Kean for homegrown status and because he is decent talent to build on, despite Higauins very good season I would much rather had kept Kean if would resigned with us (a big if), instead of take back Gonzalo. IMO it's short sighted even if contract was beyond their control.

And yes we are short term mismanaged in terms of team building lately. So fully agree with you there. But I dont get the part where signing Håland would be part of that equation. Top top talent and cheap, showcasing direct and immediate impact in performances. Basically win win for anyone that signs him and gives him playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)