Winter mercato thread 2020 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You're overestimating one and underestimating the other. By quite a margin.
When in form, Pjanic is our most important midfielder by far and a top 5 player in the squad. However, it's hard to speculate on which Pjanic will show up. I don't know if it's a fitness issue, confidence issue, the fact that he's mostly surrounded by duds in the middle, or a combination of all the aforementioned factors.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
When in form, Pjanic is our most important midfielder by far and a top 5 player in the squad. However, it's hard to speculate on which Pjanic will show up. I don't know if it's a fitness issue, confidence issue, the fact that he's mostly surrounded by duds in the middle, or a combination of all the aforementioned factors.
At his worst he is still effective in distributing the ball and creating our play. At his best he is tearing it up, but his average is good enough for a top club and he is not a fair weather player.

Eriksen at his worst is non existent, has very limited experience with CHL and no experience with winning. In terms of what he can bring to the team, we would see spectacular things from Eriksen, but he shrinks under pressure and therefore I consider him a fair weather player. Unneeded and not better than what we have right now - certainly not what we need to make the next step.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
At his worst he is still effective in distributing the ball and creating our play. At his best he is tearing it up, but his average is good enough for a top club and he is not a fair weather player.

Eriksen at his worst is non existent, has very limited experience with CHL and no experience with winning. In terms of what he can bring to the team, we would see spectacular things from Eriksen, but he shrinks under pressure and therefore I consider him a fair weather player. Unneeded and not better than what we have right now - certainly not what we need to make the next step.
Fair enough. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I don't see anyone better in our existing midfield. Ramsey is definitely not a better player, and the likes of Khedira and Matuidi should already be playing in the MLS or the Middle East.

Who do you have in mind? Who do we need to take that next step?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
When are we signing Pogba?

Florentino says he doesn't know who Pogba is (we know how petty these Spaniards can be, look at the De Ligt situation)

United is about to sign Bruno Fernandes

Apparently Chong is done according to mediaset

Last edited:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Fair enough. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I don't see anyone better in our existing midfield. Ramsey is definitely not a better player, and the likes of Khedira and Matuidi should already be playing in the MLS or the Middle East.

Who do you have in mind? Who do we need to take that next step?
I agree, Ramsey was a mistake. Quality player, but you can only use him for about 20 games per season. Matuidi is useful and Khedira is very fringe - shouldn't be here next season.

Khedira out, Aouar in and start implementing him slowly. Our midfield is pretty underestimated with Bentancur, Pjanic, Rabiot and Matuidi all being quality options - we just need that little extra - either a quality B2B or a straight out CAM to tie it all together. Under Allegri the midfield would need a larger overhaul, as he needs other types to make his play tick - but we're apparently sticking with Sarri so technicality is first, with the introduction of Matuidi giving us a physical edge.

My two cents.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

I liked this ... add to that, Ramsey himself says, 2 rows of defenders he need to pass through and how difficult it is....Eriksen will not be different ...

But it all depends on who will coach him, if he can take the best out of him ...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
We can't buy Eriksen just because he is available, or even more stupid, to stop Inter getting him. That is a massive salary and signing fees for a player who we need to actually use every week.

Does make you wonder why teams aren't falling over themselves to get him. To me he is another player who needs all the right conditions to succeed.

Besides, what is Conte going to do with him, play him as a mezz'ala?
Exactly my point last night. Dont let osman and b81 see this post, they'll call you stupid too

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
We can't buy Eriksen just because he is available, or even more stupid, to stop Inter getting him. That is a massive salary and signing fees for a player who we need to actually use every week.

Does make you wonder why teams aren't falling over themselves to get him. To me he is another player who needs all the right conditions to succeed.

Besides, what is Conte going to do with him, play him as a mezz'ala?
Before i also thought why we don't get Eriksen as we play for 4-3-1-2 while he is younger and more compatible as AM than Ramsey.
But Ramsey already as an opportunity last season while we don't know there will be this kind of opportunity now or at the end of this season. We already made a choice to invest in young player Kulusevski going forward.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I would sign Chong just for his hair and name alone.
Is he Chinese?

- - - Updated - - -

Pjanic has a consistency problem.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Maybe, I am not sure about almost all, but quite possible. But the thing is, the buck stopped with Beppe, he was in charge. Now he is going to do the same thing at Inter, because he is fucking good at his job.
Somehow people forget that it's easy to improve inda. Juve on the other hand, not so much.It's easy to upgrade a Midfield composing of Borja Valero galiargdini and vecino.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Somehow people forget that it's easy to improve inda. Juve on the other hand, not so much.It's easy to upgrade a Midfield composing of Borja Valero galiargdini and vecino.
Not sure about it. It's supposed to be even easier to improve Milan and look at them. It's not like he only buys players. He installs culture, rules, processes. Beppe is good, I'm really sad he went to Inter.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
Their midfield might not be household names but it's functioning better than us. Also you forgot Barella and Sensi who are very good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)