Winter mercato thread 2020 (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Who said we gonna sign Eriksen?

I think almost everyone here wished we would sign him, but were resigned to losing him to Real Madrid or such.

But Inter?

Again I ask, what the hell are we doing. We sign mediocre freebie CMs for what, 5 years? But skip on a truly world class CM who is free/cheap?
Very strange if he ends up at inter, but i wonder is pjanic is the reason we are not after him. How would a mid of eriksen and pjanic work? Seems soft and too weak to me

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Tootsie and his apologists must have some twisted narrative as to why we might potentially miss out on Erisken, and to fucking Inter and Magotta of all teams. I'm calling it - if Inter bring in both Erisken and Vidal, they are winning the Scudetto. If that happens, Tootsie, Blonde Troll, and the Chain Smoker are free to fuck right off.

It's not as if we have a world class midfield oozing class and quality. It's a glaring weakness that gets owned easily against quality opposition.

A midfield of Tonali, Pogba, Benatnacur and Eriksen is infinitely better than what we currently have, but it isn't going to happen. It could've been a reality with some careful planning, instead of offering contract extensions to dead-weight and bringing in the wrong freebies.

Tonali, Pogba, Bentancur, Eriksen, Zaniolo, Rabiot, and Ramsey is much much better than the crap we have now. We're going to struggle to get rid of Burnturdeski, Black Bambii, The Kebab Bros and even get the right amount of money for the moody inconsistent Balkan.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's obvious that at this time Eriksen is a surplus. Until two of bernajoker Ramsey costa or dybala are gone, we are not going to sign another cam, regardless of quality.
Also we are not fixed on a formation yet.
Sarri could very well go 4 3 3 again which would make signing him pointless.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
Eriksen has played majority of his career in 433, and amongst the CMs not the attackers.

He plays with Harry Winks in Spurs, and that dude is not better then Pjanic defensively. Just another passer.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
God that was like reading a dialogue between two 6 year old kids
I'm surprised you can actually read. That's progress. Congratulations. But hey, you're the prime Tootise apologist, so of course you'd be on his dick as soon as anyone criticized him. How do you explain missing out on Erisken to Inter? Does your Master have some amazing world class player lined up for midfield that we mere mortals are not aware of?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He's a top class midfielder and we need a top class midfielder. Probably fairly cheap as well, what's not to like?

We've been doing "opportunity signings" for years, but let this one slip? WTF.
Exactly. But what did we do? We blew our load on an injury prone Welshmen, a Turk no one wanted (Liverpool are actually better off after getting rid of him), and a moody grumpy Frenchman with a mother who looks like a cross between a witch and a toad - "Opportunity signings" indeed.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I'm surprised you can actually read. That's progress. Congratulations. But hey, you're the prime Tootise apologist, so of course you'd be on his dick as soon as anyone criticized him. How do you explain missing out on Erisken to Inter? Does your Master have some amazing world class player lined up for midfield that we mere mortals are not aware of?
Yeah yeah blah blah. I remember when people were having the menopause because we missed out on Godin... yup that's worked out well.
Why didnt clubs like madrid and psg come in for eriksen?
Jees it's not like hes the only midfielder in the world or something, frankly speaking I dont even see how he fits in that inter side unless conte plans on changing the system which I doubt he will. Vidal meanwhile is a better fit for them but we all know that's not happening as I had always suggested.

Sure if you want to keep on with your childish name calling and rambling like a woman on her period then be my guest. We are still the best team in italy period. And if there is any club that knows how to end careers its inter.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. But what did we do? We blew our load on an injury prone Welshmen, a Turk no one wanted (Liverpool are actually better off after getting rid of him), and a moody grumpy Frenchman with a mother who looks like a cross between a witch and a toad - "Opportunity signings" indeed.
Get a fucking grip already. Rabiot is a very decent player who needs continuity and is actually starting to find his feet. Ramsey again a very capable and technical midfielder ok he has his injury problems but seriously stop making out like our midfield is on par with chievo's, granted it's not the best but neither is liverpool's on paper but the balance is right. I still think in time we will find ours too.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Yeah yeah blah blah. I remember when people were having the menopause because we missed out on Godin... yup that's worked out well.
1.) Why didnt clubs like madrid and psg come in for eriksen?
2.) Jees it's not like hes the only midfielder in the world or something
, frankly speaking I dont even see how he fits in that inter side unless conte plans on changing the system which I doubt he will. Vidal meanwhile is a better fit for them but we all know that's not happening as I had always suggested.

Sure if you want to keep on with your childish name calling and rambling like a woman on her period then be my guest. We are still the best team in italy period. And if there is any club that knows how to end careers its inter.
1.) And you know this because? Do you work for Madrid and/or PSG? How can you be so adamant that no one else is in for him?
2.) No, he isn't the only midfielder, but he's an opportunity, and opportunities like this rarely ever happen in the winter mercato. He's a far better opportunity than Can, Rabiot and Ramsey were. He is a world class player. Whether you choose to see that or remain the stubborn git that you are is a matter of choice.
3.) Ah yes, Lord Smugness. Wait until the mercato is over before making such broad sweeping proclamations, lest it come back to bite you in the butt. Oh wait, that's never happened before now, has it?
4.) Oh yes. For now. For how much longer though? We shouldn't be resting on our laurels. Erisken for 16 million or a pimple faced kid who's had a solid 6 months for 45? Ah, Paratootsie knows best. Inter under Conte and Magotta are operating in a very professional manner, but please keep talking about the past.

And yes, I shall continue with the rambling and name calling. It amuses me and others. The mere fact that it irks you, irritates you so, that you must allude to it in every single one of your misguided posts only serves to motivate me to utilize this technique even more.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Getting a migraine trying to comprehend how Badass can be so spineless to invent reasons why Eriksen is a nobody player we shouldnt sign.

FFS get a grip you weirdo, you are sounding like a cult member.

We need top class midfielder, and this is one is available for free.

Punch yourself from now on whenever you have the urge to pander senseless on just to make excuse for Patrici like you are his nonna.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
1.) And you know this because? Do you work for Madrid and/or PSG? How can you be so adamant that no one else is in for him?
2.) No, he isn't the only midfielder, but he's an opportunity, and opportunities like this rarely ever happen in the winter mercato. He's a far better opportunity than Can, Rabiot and Ramsey were. He is a world class player. Whether you choose to see that or remain the stubborn git that you are is a matter of choice.
3.) Ah yes, Lord Smugness. Wait until the mercato is over before making such broad sweeping proclamations, lest it come back to bite you in the butt. Oh wait, that's never happened before now, has it?
4.) Oh yes. For now. For how much longer though? We shouldn't be resting on our laurels. Erisken for 16 million or a pimple faced kid who's had a solid 6 months for 45? Ah, Paratootsie knows best. Inter under Conte and Magotta are operating in a very professional manner, but please keep talking about the past.

And yes, I shall continue with the rambling and name calling. It amuses me and others. The mere fact that it irks you, irritates you so, that you must allude to it in every single one of your misguided posts only serves to motivate me to utilize this technique even more.
1) Because you're already adamant that eriksen is an inter player already...
2) well you're just contradicting your first point.
3) it's been evident for a long while barca wont let Vidal go. They've just sacked their manager for one, alena I've already said left on loan so letting Vidal go will leave them short in midfield. It's not being smug its actually using some logic and brain, something you dont use all too often.
4) conte and marotta working in a professional manner? In what sense is your manager spending most of the summer bitching and whining about lack of signings then saying in mid season after a loss in europe that with the exception of Godin the players have never won a thing... professional indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting a migraine trying to comprehend how Badass can be so spineless to invent reasons why Eriksen is a nobody player we shouldnt sign.

FFS get a grip you weirdo, you are sounding like a cult member.

We need top class midfielder, and this is one is available for free.

Punch yourself from now on whenever you have the urge to pander senseless on just to make excuse for Patrici like you are his nonna.
Firstly hes not free if anyone signs him now.
As far as I'm concerned hes not even an inter player.
Lastly I still think a bigger club is likely to come in for him and if not then we should be asking why because he sounds like someone that would walk into any top side for the bargain price you make him out to be.
You mean to tell me that even real madrid would be prepared to lose out on him when if anything they need a player like eriksen. Seriously think about it for a moment

It's not even an argument about defending paratici its actually asking yourself why no other sporting director in europe is making a push?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's not poor planning to have 5 CBs, in which 4 of them are top quality.

You cant plan for sudden injuries of this magnitude. Only Chiellini been injury prone, and they prepared for that by signing two young top defenders.

What more do you want?
I wanted one more CB.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are your senseless meltdowns weekly occurrence now? You are complaining for the heck of it. Like you are addicted to melodrama.
Injuries are part of the game. We have 5 CBs in squad, 4 of them worthy starters. That's stacked. Nothing to hold against planning wise.
We arent Man City who only have one top qualify CB, couple mediocre duds, and any sign of single injury they play DMs as their CBs.
Senseless? I think its fair game to think this team needs another CB. I know I am not the only one. Wanting another Cb because Chiellini isn't going to play a major part anytime soon, MDL now has a shoulder injury we have to navigate playing 3 competitions with, plus we will end up over playing bonucci. Now we have to rotate 3 CBs for 3 competitions.

We have a team full of chronic injuries all over the field: Let's hope we don't get stuck with Rugani/Can.

- - - Updated - - -

To get an old experienced CB that doesn't have a problem riding the bench isn't that hard to find in Italy.

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
It's not as if we have a world class midfield oozing class and quality. It's a glaring weakness that gets owned easily against quality opposition.

A midfield of Tonali, Pogba, Benatnacur and Eriksen is infinitely better than what we currently have, but it isn't going to happen. It could've been a reality with some careful planning, instead of offering contract extensions to dead-weight and bringing in the wrong freebies.

Tonali, Pogba, Bentancur, Eriksen, Zaniolo, Rabiot, and Ramsey is much much better than the crap we have now. We're going to struggle to get rid of Burnturdeski, Black Bambii, The Kebab Bros and even get the right amount of money for the moody inconsistent Balkan.
Our current midfield although far from ideal is not as terrible as you say it is.

In my opinion we should keep Pjanic, Bentancur, Rabiot and perhaps Ramsey if he can actually show that he can stay fit.

We have Kulu coming in next season hopefully to bench Bernardeschi.

At that point we only need 1 or 2 more midfielders. An attacking minded midfielder like Eriksen, and a defensive minded midfielder like Tonali would be ideal.

We don’t need an entire overhaul. We just need to get rid of the three obvious ones (Bambi and the kebab brothers) and replace them with some quality.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
It's obvious that at this time Eriksen is a surplus. Until two of bernajoker Ramsey costa or dybala are gone, we are not going to sign another cam, regardless of quality.
Also we are not fixed on a formation yet.
Sarri could very well go 4 3 3 again which would make signing him pointless.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
In before we suggest he will bench Rabiot for Eriksen :lol:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Eriksen seems to be close to inter. I’m hoping we do something to distract him because as good as Ramsey is we can’t rely on his fitness to play in the hole all season

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Getting Tonali+one of SMS and Pogba or at least Aouar is the only way to forget about Eriksen but I feel we will get only Tonali and people will defend Paratici by raving about the greatness of Rabiot and Bentancur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)