Winter Mercato Thread 2018 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Forget that, when did marotta ever score a sought after player, actually forget that too, Tevez is the only to player he bought without using buyout clause.
Alex Sandro surprised me.

but seing he wants to ''leave'' can make you think he's controlled by Mendes and the Portuguese decides where he goes. :boh:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Forget that, when did marotta ever score a sought after player, actually forget that too, Tevez is the only to player he bought without using buyout clause.
I hope Dybala stays but honestly I wont be surprised if I see a team with SMS instead of Dybala..
I hope Marotta understands its time to improve us without weakening an area

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It seems winning Serie A constantly and reaching high stages in the CL means pretty much nothing to our wallet and ability to buy star players.

Reading our mercato news is as depressing as 5-6 years ago.
Our wage bill has gone from 100m to 170m in the last 6 years, some things have changed. It'll probably reach 180-190 this summer as we're losing a lot of players on small salaries.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Our wage bill has gone from 100m to 170m in the last 6 years, some things have changed. It'll probably reach 180-190 this summer as we're losing a lot of players on small salaries.
Yet the quality remains the same or actually even worse.. (not talking about our first season but it seems there has been no progress in the last 3 years...)
2015 - CL final with a great team
2016 - Lost to Bayern - Team not as good as 15 but still very good
2017 - CL final with a menace defense and great style to go to the final but Id still say 2015 team was better!
2018 - Midfield is the same as 2017 which is a joke compared to 2015... Attack has more options now - probably better than 2015 but not clutch wise.. defense still yet to rate since 2017 was our greatest defense in the last decade and even if we lose Bonucci it seems our defense adjusted a little bit. Despite all that our defense has some on and off it needs to sort out..
Compared to 2017 Id say we are not playing at the same level since the departure of Alves who contributed a lot + A.Sandro who just doesnt deliver this year..
2019 - We are likely to lose A.Sandro and get Spinazzola who will probably be better than this year`s A.Sandro (hunger wise is the least we can expect), midfield we should get Can who will change... nothing.. North Korean CR7 will change... Nothing...
so the question remains - Who will we replace A.Sandro with and are we going to get a real reinforcement for our midfield
Another question is Bernareschi - Is he going to evolve or stay in the shadows

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Lets buy Mahrez if Cuadrado is finished. Mahrez/Costa/bernandeschi/Mandzukic would be a good mix of players for our offense.

--------------Higuain/Manbro
Costa/Manbro - Ozil/berna - Mahrez/Berna

:snoop:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yet quality of the players coming here hasn't really changed. We do sign good players, but not the players that make you dominant in Europe. It's mostly promising kids (which I love) and rejects from top club that we revive here. There's nothing wrong/bad with the policy but we're not gonna win the CL with it as the gap grows bigger since we sell important players. When we reached high stages in the Europe I was expecting us to attract and sign top players but that never happened and nothing really changed.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Yet quality of the players coming here hasn't really changed. We do sign good players, but not the players that make you dominant in Europe. It's mostly promising kids (which I love) and rejects from top club that we revive here. There's nothing wrong/bad with the policy but we're not gonna win the CL with it as the gap grows bigger since we sell important players. When we reached high stages in the Europe I was expecting us to attract and sign top players but that never happened and nothing really changed.
I think if we really want to, we have access to almost every player bar the ~top 20 in the world and by top I mean the most expensive not the best. Higuain cost us 90m and must be around 20ish in the world salary wise if we count out the China celebrities and at the time he was better than most of that top20. Problem is, we can have one player like this while Barca, Real, PSG, City and ManUtd can all afford at least 3 guys like that and it seems that we managed to fuck up even this one marquee signing. :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I think if we really want to, we have access to almost every player bar the ~top 20 in the world and by top I mean the most expensive not the best. Higuain cost us 90m and must be around 20ish in the world salary wise if we count out the China celebrities and at the time he was better than most of that top20. Problem is, we can have one player like this while Barca, Real, PSG, City and ManUtd can all afford at least 3 guys like that and it seems that we managed to fuck up even this one marquee signing. :D
Nope. No way.

The ONLY reason we bought Higuain was because we sold Pogba. And they only way we'll spend big is if we sell big. It's just how we do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)