Winter Mercato Thread 2018 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
This move doesn't make sense neither for Pellegi nor Monaco. Frenchies are paying 20mln plus bonuses for a teenager who doesn't play enough to even scout him. Everybody know Italians find it hard to adapt abroad with some exceptions like Verratti or Vieri. Even them were not that young when they emigrated. There were some Italian kids trying their luck abroad when young and all failed. Sansone, Macheda, this Bayern kid Gaudino or something, Soriano etc. Why on earth Pellegri decides to choose ASM over us is beyond me. He's so young, would be part of Juve, biggest Italian club and one of the biggest on the continent. If we invested 10mln in him we'd do our best to develop him. Yet he chooses mediocre French team where he will most probably fail and return to Italy after few years with his head down to play for some other mediocre team till the end of his career.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
If we're honest Monaco IS a good spot for young players. Chances are if he's talented he will make it.

With that said, Serie A is a tougher league than Ligue 1, he'd improve much more by testing himself against Serie A teams therefore it's a waste.

What I don't like is that Beppe's not learning and keeps making the same errors. He penny pinched for Verratti for instance and he was worth much more than the two or three millions more that could have changed the outcome.

I don't actually know how good Pellegri is, but if he's as much of a talent as he's touted to be, then what are a few millions compared to the massive potential reward in having this type of talent?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If we're honest Monaco IS a good spot for young players. Chances are if he's talented he will make it.

With that said, Serie A is a tougher league than Ligue 1, he'd improve much more by testing himself against Serie A teams therefore it's a waste.

What I don't like is that Beppe's not learning and keeps making the same errors. He penny pinched for Verratti for instance and he was worth much more than the two or three millions more that could have changed the outcome.

I don't actually know how good Pellegri is, but if he's as much of a talent as he's touted to be, then what are a few millions compared to the massive potential reward in having this type of talent?
It's over 25 million for a 16 year old and apparently bringing him into our first team with a million + salary. The kid can't get playing time at Genoa, what makes you think we should bring him here for that kind of money? He's been in primavera and made about 10 appearances over the past 2 seasons for Genoa. He's a few years away from playing for a top club. We could end up regretting it, but of every dozen "next big thing" players at 16-17, very few work out, which is why most clubs shy away from spending this kind of money on a 16 year old.

Verratti was quite a different scenario and an actual screw-up in my opinion. He'd played 30 games each of the two seasons prior to his sale, and was a major part of leading Pescara to the Serie B title at 19/20. He was also ready for a big club as shown by going straight into PSG first XI with 39 appearances in his first season there. We got Pogba instead on a free, but in hindsight, getting an Italian national in Verratti would have been better long-term planning in terms of team-building (aside from the 105 mil Pogba sold for).

Our targets aren't the same as Monaco's. We are trying to win our league title year-in, year-out, and also be competitive in the final stages of the CL. Monaco is not in the same boat. Buying 16 year olds for 25+ million isn't the way to go about it. We already have Moise Kean out on loan, 17, getting actual playing time for Hellas. I'd rather we save the 20 mil, and make an actual big-money signing for impact in the next year or two, not Pellegri who is minimum 2 years, if not far more away from having an impact at a club of our size. Replace our fat slob of a striker with someone who actually will help us now.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Moise Kean has outperformed him at every level until their so-far very brief spells in Serie A. Both club and Italy. Spending 25 mil+ because of an impressive first 400 minutes in Serie A is pretty ridiculous for a team of our stature. We aren't Porto or Monaco.

Serie A:
MK: 20 matches - 3 goals PP: 10 matches - 3 goals

Club Primavera:
MK: 20 matches - 12 goals-5 assists PP: 16 matches - 7 goals - 0 assists

Club Under-17s:
MK: 36 matches - 29 goals PP: 22 matches - 1 goal

Italy U-17s
MK: 17 matches - 8 goals PP: 13 matches - 1 goal

Italy U-16s
MK: 4 matches - 3 goals PP: 11 matches - 1 goal
@Hustini

Can't wait for @Bianconero81 reaction when we do a Coman and loan (with cheap option to buy) Moise Kean to big club in the next year or two. :weee:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I will be surprised if either of them will be good enough for Juventus in the future anyway. When I say future, we're talking a good 5-6 years here or perhaps even more. So this is hardly going to be of any consequence to us.

That Verratti comparison is moot because Verratti was 20 and already a well refined talent by then guiding Pescara to a Serie B title. It's an apples to oranges comparison really.

If at all this Pellegri kid is gonna become huge(which I doubt) , we're never buying him. You can guarantee that.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I will be surprised if either of them will be good enough for Juventus in the future anyway. When I say future, we're talking a good 5-6 years here or perhaps even more. So this is hardly going to be of any consequence to us.

That Verratti comparison is moot because Verratti was 20 and already a well refined talent by then guiding Pescara to a Serie B title. It's an apples to oranges comparison really.

If at all this Pellegri kid is gonna become huge(which I doubt) , we're never buying him. You can guarantee that.
There is a point there but he could be useful and could be counted as HG so IMO worth the risk as I doubt he will be worth less than 30M in the future... (dont forget inflation of prices.. 100M 10 years ago was wow what a sum and now you see it as an almost regular sum..)

Apr 9, 2015
So we started losing players to Monaco now..
Players and agents aren't stupid.

What would you do if you was a football player. Playing for a big club and rotting on the bench, or playing for a sub-top club in Europe where in the previous years youngsters got sold and get spots by in the first team by topclubs. From Genoa to Juve is a big, big step. The average age by us is around 28 if it isn't higher and Monaco plays with a way younger team, more attacking etc.

Last years: Mendy, Mbappe, Bernardo Silva, Bakayoko, Kondogbia, Martial, Kurzuwa, Carrasco, James Rodriguez and the list goes on. If I wasn't a Juventus fan i would 100% choose Monaco.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Players and agents aren't stupid.

What would you do if you was a football player. Playing for a big club and rotting on the bench, or playing for a sub-top club in Europe where in the previous years youngsters got sold and get spots by in the first team by topclubs. From Genoa to Juve is a big, big step. The average age by us is around 28 if it isn't higher and Monaco plays with a way younger team, more attacking etc.

Last years: Mendy, Mbappe, Bernardo Silva, Bakayoko, Kondogbia, Martial, Kurzuwa, Carrasco, James Rodriguez and the list goes on. If I wasn't a Juventus fan i would 100% choose Monaco.
Only two players on your list are not francophones. Plus, majority of them were brought in for peanuts or came through ASM ranks since early age. Actually, only James was bought for big money but he already had experience playing for Porto. It's a huge risk for Pellegri, he's going to a foreign country aged 16 for a big money move. It's obvious we would not have Pellegri fighting for playing time with Higuain, Dybala and Mandzukic. He would be loaned out to some serie a club where he could gain experience. Good strikers are expansive so teams playing for survival would definitely take a capable striker and give him playing time even if he would be there only temporary.

Apr 9, 2015
Only two players on your list are not francophones. Plus, majority of them were brought in for peanuts or came through ASM ranks since early age. Actually, only James was bought for big money but he already had experience playing for Porto. It's a huge risk for Pellegri, he's going to a foreign country aged 16 for a big money move. It's obvious we would not have Pellegri fighting for playing time with Higuain, Dybala and Mandzukic. He would be loaned out to some serie a club where he could gain experience. Good strikers are expansive so teams playing for survival would definitely take a capable striker and give him playing time even if he would be there only temporary.
I think the chance he will succeed is bigger by Monaco than by us. And I can understand why he choose for this. Loan deals are only useful if you are the best player on the position, because if both have the same qualities the own player gets the preference.

Monaco has now Falcao and Jovetic, Pellegri has a chance to play there I am sure. About the francophones you are right.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I think the chance he will succeed is bigger by Monaco than by us. And I can understand why he choose for this. Loan deals are only useful if you are the best player on the position, because if both have the same qualities the own player gets the preference.

Monaco has now Falcao and Jovetic, Pellegri has a chance to play there I am sure. About the francophones you are right.
I guess he would be the first Italian to make it. Let's see.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Moise Kean has outperformed him at every level until their so-far very brief spells in Serie A. Both club and Italy. Spending 25 mil+ because of an impressive first 400 minutes in Serie A is pretty ridiculous for a team of our stature. We aren't Porto or Monaco.

Serie A:

Club Primavera:

Club Under-17s:

Italy U-17s

Italy U-16s
@Hustini

Can't wait for @Bianconero81 reaction when we do a Coman and loan (with cheap option to buy) Moise Kean to big club in the next year or two. :weee:
Good post and point :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Keita and now this... fuck this austerity programme
What is Keita even doing now? Lol we dodged a bullet there IMO

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013

Serie A:

Club Primavera:

Club Under-17s:

Italy U-17s

Italy U-16s
@Hustini

then regret it later when he gets sold for 80mil.

- - - Updated - - -

WTF...quit watching football but if you dont then go kill yourself.
you life must be sad

- - - Updated - - -

Pellegri to monaco feels like veratti over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)