Winter Mercato Thread 2018 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
FI quoting a tabloid, doesn't get anymore take than that.
---------------

Martins looks like Cuadrado but younger. At least that's the impression I've gotten this CL. That's cool but imo with already having Cuadrado himself plus Pjaca, Berna and Costa we don't need him at all.

We already have too many FWs. If we want to stop the 4-2-3-1 then we already could offload someone to sign a mid.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Dybala, Pjanic, Sandro all want to go to Manchester.
If we are not serious Dybala will leave! I hope we should some serious intent and raise our level of players and football performence!
Pjanic will stay I have no doubt about him
A.Sandro is very likely to leave!

The thing is if Pjanic goes we can crazy bid Verratti who is also Italian so it will be very good
If Dybala goes I see us going for Verratti and use him with Pjanic
A.Sandro is the one I havent figure out yet.. I mean if he leaves who are we going to get instead?! Spinazzola?

The way things are goind I wouldnt be surprised if we see this lineup next year
Polak;Spinazzola Chiellini Benatia MDS; Can Pjanic SMS; D.Costa Dybala;Higuain

I mean I see Dybala staying for another year for now (If he leaves he definitely wont ask for it in January... and I see him taking himself a level up before leaving..)
SMS Im sure we will try again next summer
A.Sandro I really dont know who we will try to get instead so maybe the answer is the guy who we were linked with..
RB - We all know we need better but Im not sure our management understand it..
CB - Benatia is good our shakiness isnt because of him but I do think that if Howedes doesnt play lots of games our next signing for CB will be Manolas

The thing is D.Alves is a fucking douche of a person but he is right! We need to upgrade our style of play and once we do that we need to do the same with players - Our team could be much better than that
There are players we can upgrade on as there are players who are high priced but will be willing to come here and we need to push for it since its time to move up and not just retain the level...
Oblak Verratti SMS are 3 amazing signings
Sanchez would be added but then our wages would be highly stretched since everyone would like a 10M+ salary...
Bale if he could stay healthy would be hell of a signing but it seems he cant be healthy anymore...

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
If we are not serious Dybala will leave! I hope we should some serious intent and raise our level of players and football performence!

The thing is if Pjanic goes we can crazy bid Verratti who is also Italian so it will be very good
A.Sandro is the one I havent figure out yet.. I mean if he leaves who are we going to get instead?! Spinazzola?
no.no thanks would rather sms over verrati

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
FI quoting a tabloid, doesn't get anymore take than that.
---------------

Martins looks like Cuadrado but younger. At least that's the impression I've gotten this CL. That's cool but imo with already having Cuadrado himself plus Pjaca, Berna and Costa we don't need him at all.

We already have too many FWs. If we want to stop the 4-2-3-1 then we already could offload someone to sign a mid.
There are similarities but I see Cuad more of a trickster and a one trick player but with better close control
Gelson can cut in and use both legs while Cuad has a problem doing so from what I have seen

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014

The way things are goind I wouldnt be surprised if we see this lineup next year
Polak;Spinazzola Chiellini Benatia MDS; Can Pjanic SMS; D.Costa Dybala;Higuain

I mean I see Dybala staying for another year for now (If he leaves he definitely wont ask for it in January... and I see him taking himself a level up before leaving..)
SMS Im sure we will try again next summer
A.Sandro I really dont know who we will try to get instead so maybe the answer is the guy who we were linked with..
RB - We all know we need better but Im not sure our management understand it..
CB - Benatia is good our shakiness isnt because of him but I do think that if Howedes doesnt play lots of games our next signing for CB will be Manolas

The thing is D.Alves is a $#@!ing douche of a person but he is right! We need to upgrade our style of play and once we do that we need to do the same with players - Our team could be much better than that
There are players we can upgrade on as there are players who are high priced but will be willing to come here and we need to push for it since its time to move up and not just retain the level...
Oblak Verratti SMS are 3 amazing signings
Sanchez would be added but then our wages would be highly stretched since everyone would like a 10M+ salary...
Bale if he could stay healthy would be hell of a signing but it seems he cant be healthy anymore...
our style play will improve once we change manager with a more offensive oriented

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Anyway I doubt we are going to get an attacking player unless we offload one... (a forward - Young with potential but far from WC could still happen though..)
Unless we offload an AM/Winger I see us signing central midfielders and defenders

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Yep. We won't win throphies, but at least we'll play nice attacking football. That's what's really important.
there must be a medio between playing horrible football and win and playing aesthetically good and lose?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway I doubt we are going to get an attacking player unless we offload one... (a forward - Young with potential but far from WC could still happen though..)
Unless we offload an AM/Winger I see us signing central midfielders and defenders
we're stacked up there.
Manduzkic - Higuain first strikers
Dybala-Bernardeschi - trequartisa/second strikers
Costa-Cuadrado-Pjaca - the wingers

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
there must be a medio between playing horrible football and win and playing aesthetically good and lose?

- - - Updated - - -

we're stacked up there.
Manduzkic - Higuain first strikers
Dybala-Bernardeschi - trequartisa/second strikers
Costa-Cuadrado-Pjaca - the wingers
:tup:

------

Bierhoff: ’60 per cent for Can to Juventus’
By Football Italia staff

Germany team manager Oliver Bierhoff believes there’s a “60-80 per cent” chance of Liverpool’s Emre Can joining Juventus in the summer.

The midfielder is out of contract at Anfield on June 30, and is free to negotiate with other clubs from January.

The Bianconeri have been heavily linked with a move for him, as well as Leon Goretzka, and the former Milan, Ascoli and Chievo striker believes one of those transfers is likely to happen.

“We’re talking about two important players,” Bierhoff said.

“They’ll have so many options for the future, they’ll be personal choices. At the moment England is the top for a player, and after that there’s the lure of the powerful Spanish clubs.

“Emre Can and Goretzka would definitely be successful in Serie A too. Unless Inter return to the top though, if one of these players were to choose Italy now it would only be for Juventus.

“There’s not much chance for Goretzka, maybe only 20 per cent. I think there’s a lot more for Emre Can, I’d say 60-80 per cent.”

Bierhoff also discussed Juve defender Benedikt Howedes, revealing that he recommended Serie A to the German international.

“Yes, we talked about it. I told Benedikt that in my view, given his situation at Schalke 04, Juve would be ideal for him - it’s a strong and winning team.

Where there’s organisation he excels. Benedikt is a great person, he’s a passionate player, he gives his soul for his teammates, he never leaves you by yourself.

“Another quality is his intelligence. In the 2014 World Cup, with players like [Jerome] Boateng and [Mats] Hummels he knew it would be difficult to play in the middle.

“So he agreed to sacrifice himself for the team by playing on the left, and at the same time seized his chance to be a protagonist at the World Cup.

“He’s physically strong, good in the air, good on the ball. Benedikt doesn’t have an attribute where he’s the best, but he’s excellent in every point of view.

“In certain ways he reminds me of [Alessandro] Nesta, but don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying he’s his heir. Nesta was more technical.

“Will he get back into the national team? I’m not the Coach, but I think so.”

---

Nice to see Bierhoff compliment the strong and winning team that is Juventus.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Am I wrong? Mandzukic is playing as winger cause Allegri can't bench him but the First Striker spot has been taken by Higuain
What's Costa if not a Winger??
Apparently Mandzukic has forgotten how to score and play striker so he is now a winger. That's the argument around these parts. Costa is brainless. He is nothing, doesn't exist.

Max can't bench either him or Higuain I guess. If Higuain didn't have a 94m receipt he would be benched more often between him and Mario.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Am I wrong? Mandzukic is playing as winger cause Allegri can't bench him but the First Striker spot has been taken by Higuain
What's Costa if not a Winger??
Yes, you are wrong. The variance of 4-4-2 we are playing called 4-2-3-1 requires a big sacrifice from the attackers when defending. During Capello era we had ultra defensive midfielders in Veira and Emerson who could make up for it a bit. We also had Nedved on the left who was an engine. You know how good Mario is in defence, he also wins a lot of aerial duels both in the defensive and offensive phase of the game. We often play it long to him when we are pressed hard at the back. There are plenty arguments behind starting Mandzukic at the LWF. What is more, they are being repeated time and time again yet some posters tend they don't see them.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yes, you are wrong. The variance of 4-4-2 we are playing called 4-2-3-1 requires a big sacrifice from the attackers when defending. During Capello era we had ultra defensive midfielders in Veira and Emerson who could make up for it a bit. We also had Nedved on the left who was an engine. You know how good Mario is in defence, he also wins a lot of aerial duels both in the defensive and offensive phase of the game. We often play it long to him when we are pressed hard at the back. There are plenty arguments behind starting Mandzukic at the LWF. What is more, they are being repeated time and time again yet some posters tend they don't see them.
Nedved could also attack, take defenders on, cross, shoot, cut in...he could pretty much do it all. He could literally do everything with either his left foot or right foot. Camo as well. Why have defending wingers for attacking positions? Completely limits your attack.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Nedved could also attack, take defenders on, cross, shoot, cut in...he could pretty much do it all. He could literally do everything with either his left foot or right foot. Camo as well. Why have defending wingers for attacking positions? Completely limits your attack.
That's prolly the reason he won the Ballon d'Or. Show me a team in Europe that plays four attackers without defensive duties. They usually play 4-3-3. I'm also in favor of this formation against stronger opponents because with Bentancur and Matuidi we have the bodies to play it. Pjanic (Khedira) - Marchisio - Matuidi (Bentancur).

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That's prolly the reason he won the Ballon d'Or. Show me a team in Europe that plays four attackers without defensive duties. They usually play 4-3-3. I'm also in favor of this formation against stronger opponents because with Bentancur and Matuidi we have the bodies to play it. Pjanic (Khedira) - Marchisio - Matuidi (Bentancur).
Attackers that only really do the defensive duties. That's the issue I'm talking about. Yes, everyone loves what Mario does defensively, but Cuads also works his tail off but produces a bit more in attack because that's his natural position.

Definitely agree with the last part, however. It isn't all that difficult to ask attacking players to do a bit more work in tracking back and being a body in defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)